Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty Animals in work!

Options
  • 24-04-2009 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Is it really that difficult to tidy up after yourself in the canteen?

There is a dishwasher to put your used cups / plates / bowls / cutlery into. Then it's simple really, towards the end of the day, when its full; someone switch it on..... Then when it has washed and dried everything for you, take it out and put it away - which will only take 1 - 2 minutes! Hey presto, there is then a clean supply of delph for the next day!

The attitude of some people disgusts me sometimes. They would go into the canteen in the morning time or at lunch time, have something to eat etc. then just get up and walk out, and leave their dirty plate on the table! Some times they'll make an effort to look as if they're cleaning up after themselves, but just f**k everything into the sink.... who the fcuk is gonna clean that up!?!?!?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

You're lucky to have a canteen.

I don't have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

We have cleaning staff on hand for that sort of carry on. But then again we did announce a $380 millon loss last quarter, so perhaps a tightening of the belt is needed somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ooooooo dishwasher.LAAAA DE DAAAAA!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

i'm not talking about a big canteen - restaurant style, with staff. I'm talking about a small office with a kitchen setup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Are you too chicken to send this by e-mail to your office ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

KTRIC wrote: »
    We have cleaning staff on hand for that sort of carry on. But then again we did announce a $380 millon loss last quarter, so perhaps a tightening of the belt is needed somewhere.

$380 million? You cleaning staff are overpaid buddy :rolleyes:

Are you too chicken to send this by e-mail to your office ?

Have said it to people face to face on numerous occasions. They take no notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Stick a notice up in the canteen. We aren't going to clean it up for you.
    Have said it to people face to face on numerous occasions. They take no notice!

Well then go above their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

ours is the same... wont be from next week due the contagiousness of the R word cut backs on T coffee and milk.... work will grind to a halt!

Insurgent wrote: »
    Stick a notice up in the canteen. We aren't to clean it up for you.

Both have been done! Manager is as bas as most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I worked in Dublin Zoo for a while a few years ago.

None of y'all stories can compare to that sh*t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Do up a rota and take it to managment, make sure they clean up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I worked in Dublin Zoo for a while a few years ago.

What type of creature are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

Insurgent wrote: »
    Stick a notice up in the canteen. We aren't going to clean it up for you.

that's silly! if they don't read notices at head height, why put thm up higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dump the mess on their desks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's called the domino effect ie , if he /she is not going to do it niether will I .

Most offices I know usually have a '' please empty your left over rubbish in the bin provided '' sign in the kitchen and a lot people would just do that anyway .

Unless your going to pay somebody to wash plates cups and cutlery, they dont get washed .

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

TheZohan wrote: »
    You're lucky to have a canteen.

I don't have one.

You're lucky to have a job.

I don't have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What type of creature are you?

A secretary bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yeah, I hate the lazy a-holes who expect everyone else to clean up after them. Especially in a work setting, that's just unbelievably rude....some people forget that their ma won't always be there to clean up after them.

Where I used to work, it was part of the store-room staff's job to clean up the canteen after the floor staff had used it...even though they knew their fellow workers would have to clean up after them, some of them had no problem leaving the place in a complete mess...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

$380 million? You cleaning staff are overpaid buddy :rolleyes:
    Lets hope the HSE don't try to reduce their cleaning bill further as we couldn't afford the increased costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The same problem exists or well it did exist in the kitchen we have!

People now just rinse and they dont dry cups and glasses or cutlery and just leave them to drain on the board, which then get put away in the cupboard, not nice when you have to re-wash and dry everything

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A sign saying "Yore Ma doesn't work here, so you have to clean up after yourself" should do the trick.
    Make sure to get the spelling right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would just take all the dirty stuff and put it in the bin.
    Keep doing it and you will either run out of plates (BYO) or they will get the message.

not nice when you have to re-wash and dry everything

You don't, see below.

No, but here's what you both should do. Bring in your own mug, plate, bowl spoon, knife, fork. Wash and dry your own and leave them in a drawer or a small bag under your desk. Wash and dry your own sh1t and fcuk everybody else. Eventually, all the dirty feckers will have to either wash up or do the same as you.

The reason they don't do it is cos others do it for them. Teach them the hard way.

No, but here's what you both should do. Bring in your own mug, plate, bowl spoon, knife, fork. Wash and dry your own and leave them in a drawer or a small bag under your desk. Wash and dry your own sh1t and fcuk everybody else. Eventually, all the dirty feckers will have to either wash up or do the same as you.

The reason they don't do it is cos others do it for them. Teach them the hard way.

I actually gave out to one of my colleagues earlier today, cos she was going putting everyone's stuff in the dishwasher and wiping the table & counter-tops.... She seems to discreetly sneak in to the kitchen and tidy up after everyone most days! I was giving out saying "They'll never learn if you keep cleaning after them!"

And to the other posters suggesting signs about YORE MA not working here....they have been in place for some time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah had thought about that alright!

Might as well do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MivecSocky

The same problem exists or well it did exist in the kitchen we have!

People now just rinse and they dont dry cups and glasses or cutlery and just leave them to drain on the board, which then get put away in the cupboard, not nice when you have to re-wash and dry everything

Eoin - you've been told before if you have an issue with any of us in work to come up and say it to our faces, instead of hiding behind emails or bitching on forums where you think no-one is looking. I'd be willing to put monies on it you're going back to the boss bitching about it whenever you **** up to take heat off you.

You're no angel yourself, leaving stuff lying around the place, cups with tea/coffee left to ferment and morph into some unknown tar like substance, yea some of em seem to think there's magic fairies that live in the microwave who enjoy cleaning - but its not all of us, you have a fair idea who it is - so go to their faces, and say it to em.

Two solutions - either do what the rest of us do and get over it, or go to the people you know are doing it and say it to their faces..

Can't be a keyboard warrior / mammy's boy forever...,

Kinds Regards

Tim and the rest of the team....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Aw..for a moment there I thought this thread was about animals rampaging through someones office..

Im sad now, youve killed my dream

• Advertisement

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Aw..for a moment there I thought this thread was about animals rampaging through someones office..

Im sad now, youve killed my dream

Rekindle your hopes any?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/escaped-bull-on-the-loose-in-supermarket-1716755.html?start=1

Advertisement