Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHS to DVD

Options
  • 14-04-2009 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Is there any where around galway that convert a vhs tape to a dvd?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 gefpm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think that Hynes TV on Dominic Steet used to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Either TV card or video capture in your PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TheDollyParton

There is definitely a place on lower Dominick St. that does it, walk by it every day. Don't know the name but there is a sign outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

tadgh keady upstairs in the eyre square centre
    does it, got one done before christmas,,,
    €40, and €20 for extra copies....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

minxie wrote: »
    tadgh keady upstairs in the eyre square centre
    does it, got one done before christmas,,,
    €40, and €20 for extra copies....

€40!! that's mad expensive..

I'm pretty sure you can buy a tv card for that these days which is probably what tadgh keady's are using anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

€40!! that's mad expensive..

I'm pretty sure you can buy a tv card for that these days which is probably what tadgh keady's are using anyway.
    yeah i know, i had no choice at the time :(
    whats a tv card???
    are they easy to use??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

minxie wrote: »
    yeah i know, i had no choice at the time :(
    whats a tv card???
    are they easy to use??

a TV card is basically an interface which you connect to your pc. It then allows you to connect a tv aerial/vcr and some digital

Have a look at this for more info
    http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4KZ4&CategorySelectedId=11021&PageMode=1&InMerch=1

The link gefpm left will pretty much do the same thing as well just with not as many features

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sculljam

hi there,
    did you ever get sorted out with the VHS to dvd problem ?
    I think i have the answer.
    Either buy a Hard drive Recorder with the cables around 200 euros from philips.
    or I know someone who could do them for you for less than your man in Galway is doing them.
    let me know if this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hey guy, was wondering if anyone could tell me if theres a place in town that converts VHS to DVD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Madame Olenska

I got a 2 hour VHS cassette copied to DVD in Fahy's Fota on High Street last week. Cost was €25.00. No problems....nice people in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My living room.

bought some yoke that hooks the TV up to our laptop in Maplin. Works a treat :)

(if you only have one vhs that needs doing, I'll do it for half of whatever the places in town are charging - I'm jobless at the moment so you can't blame me for trying!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Xiney wrote: »
    My living room.

bought some yoke that hooks the TV up to our laptop in Maplin. Works a treat :)

(if you only have one vhs that needs doing, I'll do it for half of whatever the places in town are charging - I'm jobless at the moment so you can't blame me for trying!)

No one should, I applaud your initiative!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

No one should, I applaud your initiative!

:o

Advertisement