Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

User ban from Christianity forum

Options
  • 08-04-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

YES

4 years on boards and never a problem until now...

I have been banned from the Christianity forum for telling the moderator that it was nonsense that he did not have the opportunity to reply to a particular point that I made. he immediately accused me of calling him a liar and then banned me deleting the below post from here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055533656
    Apologise? You clearly had the opportunity. That is what all the evidence suggests. I said it was nonsense that you did not have this opportunity because of your posts in the meantime in this thread in reply to me. You want to ban me for that? Boy oh boy talk about true colors.
    I cannot count the amount of people who have brought you to question on your countless snarly vitriolic comments which you always claim are harmless despite the posters advising that they do not like them. There are lots of examples of this. Regular readers of this forum will be and are aware of this. So go ahead PDN and issue your ban for I am very satisfied that I have not behaved in a bad manner in this or any other thread therefore I am very confident that the posters will be able to see this for what it is really is.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

It would probably be best not to air your grievances about another mod on a separate forum. Besides, the barney was not about religion, so I can't see it having much relevance to this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

In fairness steve that's a bit over the top...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Yeah the christianity forum has gotten more hostile of late, leave'em too it tbh.

Sharrow wrote: »
    Yeah the christianity forum has gotten more hostile of late, leave'em too it tbh.

Maybe, maybe not. This is not the place to discuss it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

bluewolf wrote: »
    In fairness steve that's a bit over the top...

I honestly -and I mean that- do not see what I did that is not being done all the time on the forum. Absolute nonsense is what I said not you are 'liar', there are degrees of things. He chose to purposefully exaggerate it into the worst kind of accusation. As I said - he has said far worse things (if people want examples I can post many- regular posters will be aware ot them). The phrase absolute nonsesne is used frequently on the boards, people don't get one month bans for them.

• Advertisement

It would probably be best not to air your grievances about another mod on a separate forum. Besides, the barney was not about religion, so I can't see it having much relevance to this thread.

Oh I already have one going in the helpdesk but this thread is relevant to it I think and I think will be seen by more relevant parties. If dades doesn't think so I won't post further.

stevejazzx wrote: »
    I honestly -and I mean that- do not see what I did that is not being done all the time on the forum. Absolute nonsense is what I said not you are 'liar', there are degrees of things. He chose to purposefully exaggerate it into the worst kind of accusation. As I said - he has said far worse things (if people want examples I can post many- regular posters will be aware ot them). The phrase absolute nonsesne is used frequently on the boards, people don't get one month bans for them.

Steve, seriously, you should discuss this via PM, the Help Desk (not feedback) or keep quiet. You have overstepped the mark.

Steve, seriously, you should discuss this via PM, the Help Desk (not feedback) or keep quiet. You have overstepped the mark.

I do not accept that, I said 'absolute nonsense'. Is this now the climate where we cannot challenge things. I backed up that statement with the fact that he had had the opportunity. It wasn't an out of no where comment. You know what this is madness. Read the thread and tell me where I overstepped, he accused another poster of not having had 'proper schooling' in the same thread. Is he exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Helpdesk is for complaints and bans and such,

>>>>>> Link <<<<<<<

Posting on other forums about this kinda thing isn't right either, like you did on A&A.
    Following the proper methods helps,

such as-

Pm the mod.

Pm other Mods.

Pm category Mod.

Pm smods/take it to helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534090

actually, i see youve already done this.
    Copying and pasting it across multiple forums isnt going to help your case.
    Have some patience and let the smods investigate it.
    it also takes a while for mods to be given access to helpdesk to reply, they have to wait for the smods too.

tl;dr- stop spamming, chill out, and be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Actually I never said I hadn't the opportunity to answer his question. If I had decided to ignore everybody else's questions and concentrate solely on Steve's question then I would certainly have had the opportunity to answer him. However, I didn't think his question merited such special treatment.

My exact words to him were:
    Just hold your horses right there. I have just come on line again in the last 15 minutes after looking after something at work. I have questions addressed to me and points being made in 8 different threads and I don't appreciate being badgered because you are feeling impatient and you think your question is more important than anyone else's. Do I make myself clear?

His response was:
    Absolute nonsense, you clearly had the opportunity in other replies this thread to answer had you so wished.

I took this, and still do take this, as an attack upon my integrity. I had truthfully told him that I was busy and addressing other posters' questions and he dismissed that as absolute nonsense.

Today I have posted 42 times answering posters' points and questions, and some of the attacks on Christianity in the forum have been pretty vicious with insults flying. A number of infractions have had to be handed out. I have spent 3 or 4 hours of my time moderating and posting in the forum. Posters need to understand that moderators have a life as well and we will not rush an answer to you just because you stamp your feet and shout louder than anyone else.

In the end I did answer Steve's question, but he seemed more interested in attacking my integrity and truthfulness than in debating my answer.

Nerin wrote: »

actually, i see youve already done this.
    Copying and pasting it across multiple forums isnt going to help your case.
    Have some patience and let the smods investigate it.
    it also takes a while for mods to be given access to helpdesk to reply, they have to wait for the smods too.

tl;dr- stop spamming, chill out, and be patient.

In all seriousness I pasted into a topic on a&a which I thought suited it.
    I said on the thread that I completely accepted if the mod 'dades' (forgot robin was mod also) wanted to remove it. Sincerely was not spamming. I copied and pasted only to one thread on one forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oops, wrong forum. Not paying attention.

This discussion should be happening in helpdesk at this url:

[SC]mods, please move unique posts, then delete this thread -- ta.

PDN wrote: »
    Actually I never said I hadn't the opportunity to answer his question. If I had decided to ignore everybody else's questions and concentrate solely on Steve's question then I would certainly have had the opportunity to answer him. However, I didn't think his question merited such special treatment.

My exact words to him were:

His response was:

I took this, and still do take this, as an attack upon my integrity. I had truthfully told him that I was busy and addressing other posters' questions and he dismissed that as absolute nonsense.

Today I have posted 42 times answering posters' points and questions, and some of the attacks on Christianity in the forum have been pretty vicious with insults flying. A number of infractions have had to be handed out. I have spent 3 or 4 hours of my time moderating and posting in the forum. Posters need to understand that moderators have a life as well and we will not rush an answer to you just because you stamp your feet and shout louder than anyone else.

In the end I did answer Steve's question, but he seemed more interested in attacking my integrity and truthfulness than in debating my answer.

It is quite simply untrue what you claim. I immediately debated your answer in my immediate reply. The evidence is the same thread. I am not not attacking your integrity. I never did. I claim now that you used my phrase 'absolute nonsense' to leverage a ban against me - in deciding to take that comment at it's worse possible face value.
    I am 4 years on boards without anything even close to this kind issue with a mod and I post regualrly on many forums.
    Conversely you have run ins every day with various posters who get on happily with other mods. As a mod this is bound to happen but in your case it seems to happen more often than not and you often contribute to these run ins with harsh, snappy comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Such snippy comments are why I no longer post in christianity, it used to be a more welcoming place.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This thread is a bit of a train wreck. As you already have a thread in Help Desk, we'll keep that one going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement