Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£14.63/€21.95?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

14.63 GBP

=

16.0567 EUR

United Kingdom Pounds Euro
    1 GBP = 1.09752 EUR 1 EUR = 0.911147 GBP

Screwjob by Sky?

I think so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

OMG! This is the bigest screwjob scince montreol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

BASTIDS!

Why do you care?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't know why this is.

I'm gonna make up a possible reason so we all feel better about it.

Maybe there are less wrestling fans here than in the uk. On that basis the rights for ireland could be more expensive per head, making it more expensive. Also the exchange rate when buying the rights was differant so prices would take this into account.

Its still far better than the US price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

What reason do they have to charge us more? That's the difference the Sterling and Euro was at for Wrestlemania 24 like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Not really.

They've had that set price since forever irregardless of what the exchange rate was.

And it's still cheaper than the $40 the Americans have to pay.

I'm on UPC now. Can I still order this does anyone know?

• Advertisement

It's €21.48 they're charging btw.

It's pretty simple, the price was set by the old exchange rate combined with the higher VAT here than in the UK. Why should they reduce their prices? I agree it's a slight rip-off but they have their prices set and I can see why they don't particularly want to reduce them.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I don't know why this is.

I'm gonna make up a possible reason so we all feel better about it.

Maybe there are less wrestling fans here than in the uk. On that basis the rights for ireland could be more expensive per head, making it more expensive. Also the exchange rate when buying the rights was differant so prices would take this into account.

Its still far better than the US price.

AFAIK the UK and Ireland are treated as one market by pretty much everyone, most likely including WWE. The rights will be for the UK and Ireland.
    The only reason they're charging what they're charging is because that's what they set their prices at and why would they change it? :)

*EDIT* I actually think the price may have been set by someone else, since the price is the same as last year minus the reduction in VAT in the UK. Don't see why they would've reduced the price unless they had a price set already not including VAT.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

amacachi wrote: »
    AFAIK the UK and Ireland are treated as one market by pretty much everyone, most likely including WWE. The rights will be for the UK and Ireland.
    The only reason they're charging what they're charging is because that's what they set their prices at and why would they change it? :)

*EDIT* I actually think the price may have been set by someone else, since the price is the same as last year minus the reduction in VAT in the UK. Don't see why they would've reduced the price unless they had a price set already not including VAT.

Well i did say i was gonna make up a reason!.;)

Last years price or the price being set for them is a perfect explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Voltwad, Trainwreck of a thread! We either have the OTB or the Rip Off Ireland forum for consumer affairs. Use them!

The rest of you should know better by now :rolleyes:
    lock.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement