Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Derry or Letterkenny?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I'm looking to find a good dentist in Letterkenny or Derry. Is the north much cheaper for dental work? Probably need a wile bit done... Anyways, if anyone knows a decent dentist in either place, that won't rob me, lemme know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,932 ✭✭✭✭muffler

With the present exchange rate you would probably get better value in Derry or Strabane than around Letterkenny.

The other thing i have noted about going to dentists in Strabane over the years is that they will nearly always get you an appointment a lot faster than locally here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

Hi, I was wondering if any one knows of a good dentist in Leterkenny that does work under the medical card scheme. The dentist I used before didn't inspire me with confiendence. (He wasn't in Letterkenny)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I´ve been using Dr. Flynn in Strabane for the last 15 years, normally get an appoinment within a week of calling and its a lot cheaper than in LKY. he´s very quick but i would recommend being knocked out for anything major, he´s not gental.:D

Dr Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

I've been with Dr. Fox (main street, across from Dillon's Hotel) for years and I think he's great. He did some major, major work for me a long time ago and I never had one cause to complain.

I should also mention that all the female staff are gorgeous and it helps take my mind off whatever aches and pains I may be having while in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I started using the Dentist on the high road,beside that Catch-up cafe.Great place,not sure about availibilty now though,I only got in as its my mothers dentist and he said he would take me on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 finnvalley

The dentist I use is a fella called Dr Paddy McKibben in Port road, Letterkenny, and I can't say enough good things about him! After a very bad experience with a dentist in Ballybofey (I won't name names, but it was a surgery on Main Street, up above Henry Kee & Son, run by a lady dentist and her husband...they've since moved).

I had quite a lot of dental treatment recently and Dr McKibben was first rate - he had a soothing manner and was very concerned with pain relief...a big plus for a dentalphobe like me!

The staff are all friendly, the surgery's clean and modern and he's taking medical card patients.

The phone number is: (074) 9176727

Good luck with the dental work...ye'll be in good hands with Dr McKibben :)

Advertisement