Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damasko Dc66 arrives

Options
  • 30-03-2009 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭

The posty man just came a knockin :D with my Dc66.

Ordinarily there is a 6month to 2 year :eek:waitng list on these and they are one of the few watches that sell for RRP second hand. Key features include a special ice hardened steel and a ceramic diamond coated bezel (ala rolexes GMT2c altho damaskos was available first)

This is one of the 3 that damasko had in stock, the story behind them is that each of the 3 has a flaw in the bezel, i was told by them that it isnt visible to the naked eye, thats not quite true, up close you can see 2 small blemishes on the bezel either side of the 3, but its something i can live with you cannot see it from anything more than 15 inches away and i have good eyesight :D also it is a small concession to make to get one immediately. there was also a discount....of €50 euro :p ....to sweeten the deal!

Anyway, under close scruntiny, nearly all watches have some blemish of some sort, the closer you look the more you see :shock:

anyway i am delighted with it, it is one big and heavy beasty, much more so than the damasko da36 for example or the tag carrera it replaced.

some very quick and dirtys taken with my phone

30032009063.jpg

30032009067.jpg

30032009069.jpg

30032009070.jpg

30032009071.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭piaget

That's a lovely piece, was going to get the non-chrono (36 I think) a few year's ago when they came out first but could'nt live with the yellow second hand and the cross-hairs on the dial. Your one is much nicer.

What sort of accuracy are you getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

no idea yet, just got it this morning :)

the movements are chronometer grade so it should be good,

i had a da36, this is a league apart imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

very nice, I'm very jealous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭piaget

Cyrus,

See you have this for sale in another watch forum, sorru it did't work out

bedlam wrote: »
    When do we get to see that put to the test (warning contains gratuitous puristpro watch abuse! ;] )?

edit: as piaget alluded to I guess we won't get to find out

yep tis gone now, at least i got full price back on it :)

it was a pity but it just did not look right with suits at all and as i wear them every day during the week it was no good :(

still, im in funds again :D

• Advertisement

bedlam wrote: »
    Would you not have saved it for casual wear, and gone with the Portuguese for suit wear.

Perfect to get the next piece on the wishlist ;)

I would have loved to keep it for casual but i only wear the portuguese sparingly, maybe once or twice a week (i have to keep it forever dont want to get bored of it) and i want something i can wear every day,

have decided to maybe get an omega smp 300 black face, sell the tag and then maybe get a stowa marine original or something,

we shall see!

Advertisement