Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless networking

Options
  • 23-03-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a wireless router in my house which allows me to connect my laptop to internest wirelessly.
    I used to have this router connected to my PC desktop via ethernet cable. Due to new arrival into my house I had to move the router and the desktop to different rooms and no longer can conenct them via vable.

My desktop is oldish and does not have wireless capabilities.

I am looking for some sort of receive to connect into usb port to allow my desktop to connect to signalk from wirelss router, any suggestions as to what would be the best model.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Any Linksys USB adapter will suffice:

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WUSB54GC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You dont specifically need a linskys one any reputable make is worth considering. Most people on here would probably recommend avoiding Belkin.

Also make sure and get a usb extension cable with it as it adds flexibility to the positioning of the usb.

Lots of examples here:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.aspx?bn=10279&mfr=&filter=A00302.K50859.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

Thank you for your help on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jtothesums

Anyone any idea why my housemate can get 11mb d/l speed from our wireless router while I can only get 4mb? Both computers are Dell inspiron. Is my wireless card faulty? Laptop is 2.5 yrs old. Anything else that might be causing the problem?Thanks

Advertisement