Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Gronya' Thomastown, Killkenny.

Options
  • 22-03-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Driving towards Thomastown in Co. Killkenny yesterday and came upon this wonderful sight......This is 'Gronya' a beautiful year old Fox, that was saved as a cub, (from a shredder..) Her owner allowed us to take some shots and here she is, l want one.....:o

13375845135_d9d56bfb89.jpg 2...3376708012_c0d91942a7.jpg

...3...3375811551_1825291c5c.jpg ...4...3376586620_1b9acd9306.jpg

5.3376458624_bfc6331c47_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CrazyTrain

Thats brilliant, I want one too!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A man and his fox - nothing like it. He must be quite the local legend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You know lasttime I went through Thomas Town I saw this chap with the fox, didn't have time to stop though....thought it was an amazing sight though, I don't live far away I must go in search of this lad and get some shots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

l am sorry that l didn't get his name, but he was such a soft spoken kind man. Then he just walked off down the road, so great to see a healthy fox, so close up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

l pearse wrote: »
    l am sorry that l didn't get his name

Spike Milligan?

Great shots well taken lpearse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Really nice pics. And story. I like especially #5. Probably because it shows a loneliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

What beautiful photography. Not just capturing an unusual subject but capturing so much more. You've captured emotion in the series of shots. Everyone will have their own interpretation on what they see but I see a creature that has been given second chance and a man who has a companion. You just can't put words on it really.

They're simply stunning and some of the best work I've seen in ages. The colours, the detail, the texture, the DOF, the light, all superb. Well done and thank you for sharing this wonderful work. Talk about being in the right place at the right time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Great photographs

(If a pirate has a parrot on his shoulder what does a fox on your shoulder make you?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

I'm originally from Thomastown and I know the guys face but not his name. Those pictures were taken out the Graignamanagh road at an area called Columcille. Where they were taken to the right is an old graveyard with a well in it (Its down a little lane). I shall E-mail one of the photos to my sister and either her or my mother will know who he is. I pearse, I would say he would love a copy of these. He lives in Dangan Terrace. In the last photo it is the group of houses you can see over his shoulder to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Thanks for all the comments, l was in the right place at the right time.
    Tactical..he found her in a cardboard box,which was going into a shredder....:eek: she had been trapped in it for a week, starving. & they say cats have 9 lives!!! lt was a second chance...:)

Nisio..l think you would call that 'Lucky'. l live in a flat with no pet's..... : ( l can't even have a Fly!!!!!fly.gif

lt's a small world el_loco_blanco, would love to get a copy to him....if you get a name it would be great....:)

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Awww!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

Advertisement