Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Street View Car

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I foresee the Party Van outside your place, soon to take you away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

party van ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Google car and CSI Galway van in head on colision ftw! The images from the google car allow the csi team to solve the case in record time!

Yeeeeaaaahh!!

/puts on sunglasses

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If we knew what time they passed by a certain pub we should have a beers there and wave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Magnus wrote: »
    If we knew what time they passed by a certain pub we should have a beers there and wave :D
    Want to be like the guy in the first picture here? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Did some of their photos get removed because it showed people getting arrested and others gettings sick on the streets?

behold madrids peeing woman

peeingwomanjd4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Pics or didn't happen................................hold on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Caught! This one could be a problem considering all the sex shops in this city :pac:

article-0-04012053000005DC-771_468x390.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Be on the lookout for this
    2459337905_1758501a6a.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm in 2 minds about this situation:

1) Hope I never see the fcuking thing (or it never sees me)
    2) HELICOPTERRRRR!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Now what would be funny would be to follow the crew of the Google car & get some images of them in the pub, in the jacks etc. They must be staying locally. Like when someone got a cherry picker & filmed though Kelvin McKensie's windows when he was editor of the Sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

It passed me today while I was sitting at a bus stop in Eyre Sq.

Was a red Astra.

note to self: stalk HoPpiE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Will be cool to have a Google street view of Galway. I'm not bothered if I'm in any of the images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    note to self: stalk HoPpiE

Note to self: Hide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Mam told me that there's some "internet car" going around taking pictures of people. Asked what to look out for owing to the "internet, it's full of paedo's and psychos? God what would they do with the images?".

Damn you Goolge, terrifying our technological illiterate aul wans!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I seen it an it seen me, it is out in Connemara today :)

Bright red astra , google sticker on rear right passenger door .

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3179/2459337905_1758501a6a.jpg?v=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

AHHHH I just saw it!!

Was driving up to the shop (in Moycullen), live on a small 'one car only' road and he came flying toward me!!!

I look like this :eek: on it! I can't wait until it goes live!!!

It would be cool to follow him! Red Astra with big long pole coming out the top!

Soooo cool, I'm so excited!!

It is doing Connemara all week . Once it finishes it will do Galway and then it is off to Limerick

It will take until the autumn to process the pictures and fuzz up peoples faces before it releases the streetview walkthroughs :)

First time a search engine ever went looking for ole Sponge Bob and it found him lurking by the roadside out past Bushypark .

It feels very ****ing odd ...honest :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

They're doing Connemara? That's nuts... any idea what routes they're doing? Thought they'd only do cities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Damn, I know this sounds pathetic but I think it would be so much fun to catch that thing passing by and give it a big wave or give it the finger or something! :D

Here are a few snaps of people who were quick with their phone cameras when they saw the BigBrotherMobile passing by... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/24/surveillance_feedback_loop/page2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

I wish I had my camera out... He just came at me tooooo fast!!!

I'd like that job, driving around, all day, exploring new areas!

i wonder did they get a pic of the dude manhandling his man handle out by the castle

JohnCleary wrote: »
    They're doing Connemara? That's nuts... any idea what routes they're doing? Thought they'd only do cities

I cannot say but I can confirm that boreens in Bushypark Barna Moycullen and Spiddal are of high importance in a super secret project and that cities will be done.

All of Connemara is certainly more important that Castle Park which is a 6.30am in June 'special project' as is Mulhuddart , Tallaght , Darndale , Most of Limerick , North Cork etc .

Google are sticking to safe and pleasant areas in daylight hours , for now . They will do the cities when it is safe to do so !

Spotted him again today , the google sticker has now been removed from the car for some reason. He was parked up at Furbo beach waiting for the rain to stop and with the camera covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Spotted him again today , the google sticker has now been removed from the car for some reason. He was parked up at Furbo beach waiting for the rain to stop and with the camera covered.

Spotted it at about 8.45 in Spiddal - same as above - waiting for the rain to go - think he'll be doing that a lot today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Very unusual that they're covering Spiddal. There isn't even high-resolution of that place on Google Earth (not the last time I checked anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

They should wait until there is a bit of decent weather in may/june....not to make us look bad.

Advertisement