Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is "business in UL" like as a course.

Options
  • 20-03-2009 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Thinking of doing business in in UL, im wondering is it a good course?

also im interested in the stock market and risk analising, is this an aspect of the course?
    thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

jesus, will people seriously learn to use the search function, or at least the mods sticky a thread about different/all/individual courses, instead of us having to answer the same question every couple of weeks!!

HERE is one thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467842&highlight=business

And another:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055474054&highlight=business

This reverts back to the other, therefore reinforcing my point....the same questions keep getting asked...any chance of a sticky????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

You spin me right round Mossin...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Since my hangover hasn't yet hit I'm still drunk and in a very helpful mood.

YES there is a whole mjor option for Risk and UL is the only university in Europe with a fake live stock market floor as far as I'm aware. Computery people have tod me it's impressive so I'll have to take them at their word.

Again, like I said to Cian92, Mossin is just a grumpy bollix so take no notice. Not everybody knows how to use the search function on Boards...it took me 2 years to figure it out and I'm technically competent!!

Welcome to UL and put as many UL courses on your CAO as possible. You will NOT regret it. Maybe I'm just in a very very happy mood after winning an award lastnight, but fuck it, join whatever societies and clubs you take a fancy to, don't take your course too seriously and oh ya....you only have to pass first year as results don't count :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Mossin wrote: »
    jesus, will people seriously learn to use the search function, or at least the mods sticky a thread about different/all/individual courses, instead of us having to answer the same question every couple of weeks!!

HERE is one thread:

And another:

This reverts back to the other, therefore reinforcing my point....the same questions keep getting asked...any chance of a sticky????

Agree with Mossin here, search function is not hard to find (either, for that matter, is proper spelling a difficult thing to achieve); repeating questions over and over just wastes bandwidth.

Maybe a "Want to do a UL course? Ask here" sticky would be a good start.

On behalf of the UL Board Grumpy Gits (Mossin et moi),

Klong

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossin wrote: »

HERE is one thread:

And another:

I'll take a look into this at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Peteee wrote: »
    lol.
    how about looking and seeing that the OP is site banned and this thread is daft? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

kaimera wrote: »
    lol.
    how about looking and seeing that the OP is site banned and this thread is daft? :)

Oh well that obviously makes the suggestion null and void then dosen't it! :rolleyes:

Oh well that obviously makes the suggestion null and void then dosen't it! :rolleyes:
    it makes this thread NAV...and still open by the looks of it.

clearly what i was getting at was by you "looking at it at the weekend" is a 'lol' given you can't see whats going on in plain site on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Being site banned doesn't stop the OP looking, just posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Indeed.

Sticky suggestion approved, thread started looking for other people to do the workshare the load here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

what do you mean by that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

kaimera wrote: »
    it makes this thread NAV...and still open by the looks of it.

clearly what i was getting at was by you "looking at it at the weekend" is a 'lol' given you can't see whats going on in plain site on this thread :)

whats wrong with this thread

Daragh101 wrote: »
    as has been pointed out since post #2, it's been done already :)

and I'm pretty sure Pete meant he'd look into a sticky thread on couse information.

simple eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

what do you mean by that

Presicely what he said, he's going to look into creating a sticky thread over the weekend when he's done drinking etc.

It has already been done by sceptre anyway.

Nothing as such, despite the OP being banned. It's probably going to be useful to have a sticky thread with a run down on a few courses so the same questions don't have to be answered again and again.......and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosewaterstone

Hey!
    I'm thinking of doing the business studies and german course in ul. Just wondering,does anyone know if the german takes up too much time and is extremely difficult....Would i be better off just doing the Business Studies course without german?... :confused:

Also, does anyone have any info about the international insurance and european studies course?

Thanks

Turn the bold off!

Q1: What's your proficiency like?

Q2: Do you enjoy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I love how this thread started with people giving out about people not searching, and the lack of a Stickie for the Course question, and yet people still manage to completely ignore both nearly 2 years on. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

I love how this thread started with people giving out about people not searching, and the lack of a Stickie for the Course question, and yet people still manage to completely ignore both nearly 2 years on. :pac:

But at least this person knew about the search feature, and used it (yet they managed not to put the search to much use by reviving a thread this old)

Bit of work, but do Peteee or Sceptre fancy throwing in every Business-In-UL post into one thread? :o

Might save a bitta time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

cson wrote: »
    Bit of work, but do Peteee or Sceptre fancy throwing in every Business-In-UL post into one thread? :o

Might save a bitta time in the future.

Let's face it. People will still miss it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SandiC

wudnt advise u 2 do a BBS degree wit german,or ani language unless ur more or less fluent n it,ull end up spending all 2nd semester of 1st yr tryin 2 drop da language which i can tell u da college r very slow bout letn u do!

instead of doin da european insurance course id prob say ur betr off doin BBS and choosing risk management as ur major n 2nd semester 1st yr.

hope dis helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

SandiC wrote: »
    wudnt advise u 2 do a BBS degree wit german,or ani language unless ur more or less fluent n it,ull end up spending all 2nd semester of 1st yr tryin 2 drop da language which i can tell u da college r very slow bout letn u do!

instead of doin da european insurance course id prob say ur betr off doin BBS and choosing risk management as ur major n 2nd semester 1st yr.

hope dis helps :)

Do you have any help for my eyes after trying to read that?

Advertisement