Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medals for Boardeaux

Options
  • 18-03-2009 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks :)

Most of you will be aware that we started a Football Team here on Boards two and a half years ago.

We've just come to the end of our fifth season, one game left, and we have secured second place, so will get a runner's up medal.

We can still mathematically win the league, but it would take nothing short of a miracle, as the top placed team are 3 points ahead of us, with a far superior goal difference. We'd need them to lose, and us to win, and a swing of 14 goals in the results, so it probably won't happen.

However, after five seasons with the lads, I'm extremely proud to be able to tell you this, we'll be bringing home the silver medals.

Des
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well done lads!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Well done Des & co!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nice one Des!

Well done to all. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Congratulations and well done!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Absolutely brilliant, Des you are a legend and should be proud of what you guys have achieved.

I went to watch the guys play and I have to say some of the goals wouldnt have been out of place on Sky (no joke, genuinely!).

Get some pics if there is a presentation of them!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Thats the type of thing that makes Boards stand out.

Well done Boardeaux!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

It was all me as Des will tell ya ;) Nah, fair play to the lads, we've had a fantastic season and bar a few poor performances, we could have won the thing. Next season starts in 2 weeks and in 20 weeks we'll hopefully have a new thread stating we won the thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

To the Boards.ie powers that be:

I've played for Boardeaux since the outset and have seen Des build the team from the ramshackle group of punters showing up for kickabouts in the Phoenix Park in the early days to a team that now plays some really lovely cohesive football. It was all very new to Des too at the outset but he's grown with the team and stuck with it through the bad times when turnouts were low and the team is definitely benefitting from his management.

Anyways, we players get plenty out of it as we all love playing football but Des has probably put in more than he gets back (though he'll no doubt be waiting eagerly for calls from League of Ireland clubs if we bring home some silverware next season).

I don't know what recognition Boards.ie have in place, but consider this a nomination for the Knighting of Des....or at least the pimping out of his profile or something like that to suitably impress the internet hordes (cos I imagine he'd refuse to accept the title of Sir Des :)).

And fair play for building such a great community in Boards.ie - apart from all the sh1tetalk that goes on (which needs a home too) this website really does help a lot of people in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So when can we expect the release of the "Boardeaux - Now Ye're Watching (A Season In Review)" DVD?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've played for Boardeaux since the outset and have seen Des build the team from the ramshackle group of punters showing up for kickabouts in the Phoenix Park in the early days to a team that now plays some really lovely cohesive football. It was all very new to Des too at the outset but he's grown with the team and stuck with it through the bad times when turnouts were low and the team is definitely benefitting from his management.

Perhaps he could take over the running of the Irish team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Beruthiel wrote: »

Des and John Delaney working side by side?!?!?! :eek:

You really are evil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Congrats lads and fair play Des

Probably turned out for the best for you that I missed that first training session :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well done team (and Des).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well done guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Congrats guys!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well done! And fair play for all the work you and the team have put in. More than one little birdy has told me of how much you've put in. Kudos:)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Congrats to the team,that's great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They could do a TV show similar to Dream Team! :pac:

Congrats on the medals lads and fair play to Des for all the work put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sticky: In light of legal proceedings issued by the FAI...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well done Des and the team. When's the open-top bus parade through town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Congrats, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Well done to all involved.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Congrats to the team and to Des for all his hard work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Congrats Des agus crew.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

whatever .............

does this mean i might actually see you sometime now the season is over?

and that i dont have to wash uniforms anymore?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Want me to siteban him till the next season kicks in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

whatever .............

and that i dont have to wash uniforms anymore?

you could make the tops...............pink? just throwing it out there.

Fair play gaffer, and congrats to all concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Want me to siteban him till the next season kicks in?

omg can you?

that would be so cool he would have to actually speak to me at night then rather then just tapping away on his laptop all night :P

Advertisement