Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

It's not another April Fool stunt, is it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I've said it once and I'll say it again. The GAA are Ireland largest Sectarian organisation, never mind anyone up north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus lads, ye let this slip to page 4??? Have ye nothin to talk about??? :D

What's the story with this?
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/pdfs/matchposters/vKildareA3.pdf?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=3d42f705328b65bfe2591a9f10bfa5a2

Is that likely to be a decent match, or are they trying to encourage attendance cos nobody gives a sh*t about the EA cup...? (I don't know anything about it)

I shall bring the oul lad if it's worthwhile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd say it will be a trashing. Kildare got beaten 8-0 by Fingal a couple of weeks back, and in 5 games they've managed to concede 20 goals and just score 2.

Great promotion, as usual by Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lad's what the hell is the EA Sports Cup????? I see Pat's are in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

monkey9 wrote: »
    Lad's what the hell is the EA Sports Cup????? I see Pat's are in!

League Cup, rebranded EA Sports Cup. Is it the first time there's been a sponsor for the League Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

At no stage did i near the news that the League Cup was being rebranded. That one really slipped under the radar!!

Got me tickets, now to learn the name of a player or two so that I don't get lynched for being a new guy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dave! wrote: »
    Got me tickets, now to learn the name of a player or two so that I don't get lynched for being a new guy :D

This is the worst part of it all.

When I started going back to Shels regularly I felt like a girl asking my brother the player's names.

Chants too :D What name do they use instead of Ronnie's for VIVA RONALDOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...?

Viva Tomooooooooo!

Here you go, with pictures :)

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/teams/first-team/first-team-squad?71cce52574d4d86948f2109dfa3ec02e=5fa0da96c3af9d8ec8ba4bf0b5d3ed9d

Dave! wrote:
    Chants too

I'll get you started, lads feel free to jump in.

"Rovers, Rovers, Rovers...." say this over and over with one arm punching the air! :)

Hang on, just jotting them down on a bit of paper :D

"Rovers x lots, arm punching air"

Gotcha!

edit:

madden-simon.jpg

Kevin Bacon? :D He actually lives around the corner from me, used to hang around with him when I was a nipper. He any use?

He actually lives around the corner from me, used to hang around with him when I was a nipper. He any use?

Thats Madden and yeah good enough. A little naive at times and gets caught for position. I assume you live in millbrook lawns then? Wife is from there.

Yeah I live near the shops/school :)

Ye think the atmosphere will be good at this match? Or does nobody give a sh*te about it?

Ye think the atmosphere will be good at this match? Or does nobody give a sh*te about it?

It's the League Cup tbh, think The Carling Cup in your foreign league, but be about a million times less enthusiastic.

The only thing about this is that it's at the new stadium, that might add a bit of "oooooo we're still in the new shiney place" factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Rovers should definitely be taking the League Cup seriously. One of the 2 realistic chances of silverware they might have, they've a good enough side to beat anyone on their day, but they don't look to have the squad to win the league.

Cork game sold out.

• Advertisement

Any of ye lot at that match? By all accounts a rather huge turnout for a League cup game

I enjoyed it anyways, certainly played better than I had feared they would.

I don't think Kildare had a shot on goal...

Score:
    Rovers 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Don't gota post spoilers in this league. I should be popping down for Rovers Pats.

That Kildare side is the worst side in LOI history surely. Apart from their number 6 who was terrific and MOTM for me, the rest looked very like what is suspected - show up and we'll give you a game.

Shooting practice is required. Though Rovers could actually have walked the ball into the net (and nearly did for the penalty), it was painful watching the scrambles from one pass too many. Not really a whole lot to be gained - even played the last ten minutes with 10 men with Amond off. I'd say about 1300-1500 there

And every child under 13 must have something with Baker's signature on it - must've spent the last 15 minutes signing stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭DvB

dfx- wrote: »
    That Kildare side is the worst side in LOI history surely. Apart from their number 6 who was terrific and MOTM for me, the rest looked very like what is suspected - show up and we'll give you a game.

I'd say about 1300-1500 there

Agree & 1480 to be precise.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Any of ye lot at that match? By all accounts a rather huge turnout for a League cup game

I enjoyed it anyways, certainly played better than I had feared they would.

I don't think Kildare had a shot on goal...

Score:
    Rovers 3-0
    Fair play Dave, glad to see you got along.

Game itself was pretty pedestrian, noone was that interested, either on the pitch or in the stand.

Looking forward to Pats Friday week.

Cheers Ciarán ! It'll probs be more interesting in a league match, I'll try get to the Pats one

• Advertisement

Dave! has the bug.

Don't be silly, sure it's still boring hoofball ! I just went to see the sexy physio chicks and the firewomen (ye see them? dirty! :D)

Don't be silly, sure it's still boring hoofball ! I just went to see the sexy physio chicks and the firewomen (ye see them? dirty! :D)
    I did see them, the cheers and whistles were probably the highlight of the night :D

Hah loved the "get yer t*ts out for the lads", followed by her starting to do it! :D Got my hopes up for a moment there :(

What's all this stuff about Madrid.

Is it part of a sneaky plan to destabilize Gary Twigg? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats the latest on the 2nd stand?

Stekelly wrote: »
    Whats the latest on the 2nd stand?

Work ongoing, and still on track for the end of the summer. They done some excavation on the far side for the foundations already. Apparently, the stand will be made of precast sections so it should go up very quickly.

Some of the lads are posting photos of the work as it goes along. Have attached one.

The name of the pic in that post.

Talla

I wonder whatever happened to Talla, the mod.

stovelid wrote: »
    What's all this stuff about Madrid.

Is it part of a sneaky plan to destabilize Gary Twigg? :pac:

Kaka, Alonso, Twigg - Perez knows what he's doing :)

And Casillas has looked shaky too recently, best play Duggan..

Real Madrid coming to Tallaght and Ill be in Australia. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Win badly needed tonight after what we saw on Saturday =[

I will boldly predict a Rovers win for tonight.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Real Madrid coming to Tallaght and Ill be in Australia. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
    ?

Epic, will season ticket holders get preference do ya reckon? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Plenty of tickets available with a capacity of 9000.

If they rush through the second stand for this it'll be 7000, big 'if'

Word is the second stand is well underway offsite. Should see the first deliveries of the precast construction in the next two weeks.

I heard similar aye, should be brilliant :)

I'm hoping for a good evening beating this shower tonight. Saturday was a bad day overall for me :(

Lads would there still be tickets available in the shop for the Dundalk match tonight?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Epic, will season ticket holders get preference do ya reckon? :)

If it happens, probably members---season ticket holders---on sale at home games---general sale. If it were to happen and if the east stand went up..

Dave! I wouldn't know, but I'd guess so - not leaving it too late..

Lads would there still be tickets available in the shop for the Dundalk match tonight?

You're a local, Dave aren't you? Just stroll down. No announcement of sell-out yet, so well worth a try. The evening that is in it though, I'd say a good few will have same idea so best to get head down early.
    CiaranC wrote: »

The dream of Pat Flynn let loose on Ronaldo is almost too beautiful to comprehend.

Remaining tickets went on sale at 1pm today, get down early and Im sure youll get one. Sure treat yourself to a pint in the Maldron while you are waiting for kickoff :)
    Stovelid wrote:
    The dream of Pat Flynn let loose on Ronaldo is almost too beautiful to comprehend.
    :D :pac:

I think we are going to have big problems holding on to Mr Twigg in July

• Advertisement

Maybe Man City will be interested? :D 12m for Gareth Barry? Twiggy must be worth at least 20m then !

I got tickets at the stadium, decent match. Rovers didn't deserve to take the lead in the first half, they were shocking :eek: Well taken goals though

Advertisement