Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Radio

Options
  • 12-03-2009 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Just like truckers and hookers, insomniacs need their radio. Personally I can take no more recession chatter so I delve into the strange:

Art Bell /Coast to Coast , Red Ice Creations etc

I miss any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

wfmu.org

Part of the reason I pretty much live on American time now. I don't know what the rest of the reason is, but it's getting in the way of real life...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I don't listen to as much RL radio as I used to. Now i'd just throw on my last.fm or whatever's on my playlist on the pc or creative. But I used to listen to an amazing late night jazz program. I can't remember the station though. Don't know if it still exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Not sure if donal dineen still does his late night show on today FM, but that used to be amazing!!. Everything from folk to boards of canada. Mind expanding :)

Edit: Oh!,Found a link http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Donal-Dineen/Overview.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Radió na Life on a Sunday night = win!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

forget radio just slap on youtube, grab a good playlist (not too hard to find) and you are laughin! (literally if you want.....click th comedy part in my sig to find out more.... /shameless plug)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Night time radio does tend to suck, as does a lot of weekend radio... grr I say

But yeah some youtube & maybe whose line is it anyway etc does the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Fm 104 is what I listen to because I cant be arsed changing back to 98 after the Adrian Kennedy Phoneshow and the music is good aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I love listening to Cool 101.9 http://www.cool1019.com/. It just plays hits of the 60's and 70's. Its based in Springfield (not the simpsons !) so have to put up with some annoying yanks but its well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

I'm glued to the Alex Jones radio show (for an ould' bit of conspiracy) and The Howard Stern Show. Shoutcast is a wonderful thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I used to listen to John Creedon on RTE Radio One a few years ago late at night but since he's been all over the TV I've gone off him, what a gobshite.

On nights I can't sleep I'll throw on FM104 for the Adrian Kennedy Talkshow or Newstalk, I can't go to sleep listening to music, it has to be people talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

am liking Rod Sharpe on Five Live.

if you looking for a bit of madness, google Cosast to Coast Am from americay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

the problem with night time radio is that all the songs played are replayed 2 or 3 times over the course of the night no matter what station, kinda gets annoying having to listen to lady gaga's telephone like 30+times over the course of 4 nights i have to work, also mumford and sons song is getting irritating now

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I usually download howard sterns show, its always a good listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

I usually download howard sterns show, its always a good listen.

seen a couple clips from it, the old dude with the sybian was wrong on so many levels

Advertisement