Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exhibitions and location hunt

• 09-03-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to help? Somewhere up in Donegal there's a beach with a wreck on it, I think it's a wooden ship. I am pretty sure someone has posted on here about it. If anyone can point me in the direction of the location I'd be grateful. Basically if this doesn't happen for me and the weather is suitable I will go looking for that ship.

(yeah I want to go to London next weekend if I can get a flight).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

you're a star and if those are your photographs, well wow. They are fabulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Can't take the credit..my younger brother...I've taught him nothing!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's an old ship similar to this in Co Wexford, my old flatmate did some shots of it last year which were displayed in Waterford Library

Oh god, say where.

This is why, sort of

(first why) stupid on black link doesn't work :-( it's worth seeing on black really.

(second why)

I was looking for a list of Irish shipwrecks but the one list I found referred to divable shipwrecks. I need ones above water, sort of. I'm interested in boat cemetries (do we have any - I've been to two in France) and abandoned boats, basically.

• Advertisement

Actually I have a google map if anyone knows of any more...I'd like to plot them.

I'd be grateful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

2F960B5E524F467385E1EA3C4519D02A-800.jpg Great location,best of luck with project.

emul wrote: »
    Can't take the credit..my younger brother...I've taught him nothing!!
    Thats a great shot,well done to your brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

There's one on the beach at Baltray. I can't seem to drop a pin on your map tho, sorry :(

Calina wrote: »
    Actually I have a google map if anyone knows of any more...I'd like to plot them.

I'd be grateful. Thanks.
    Some in connemara,not sure where abouts sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'll see if I can find out where, off hand it looks alot like the one you are looking for that somebody posted a pic of

Just a couple I already have.

Skerries.

25472740_92005d3976.jpg

Howth

161170381_07453f2437.jpg

The fishing boats in Skerries are gone; have been cleared away. The Howth one was damaged in a fire in the boatyard in Howth.

I also have some film shots that I might get scanned for this project of boats running aground in Malahide and the remnants of a wreck that was on the beach in Howth but which now appears to be gone.

Interesting idea,I can think of 3 more...

There's one in Dingle just south of the town,getting a good photo though will be tough as it's basically in someones backyard.Photo here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattmalone/270800967/

There's another one in Connemara called the Pibroch,it would be a bit more recent than the others though...http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrishoman/2470228938/

And finally there's one at a place called Dunboy near Castletownberehaven. It's a few kilometres west of Castletownberehaven,there should be a sign for Dunboy Castle there. http://pix.ie/limerickstudent/605514/in/album/324039

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Cabaal wrote: »
    There's an old ship similar to this in Co Wexford, my old flatmate did some shots of it last year which were displayed in Waterford Library

Is that the Port Larige in Saltmills... I'm planing a trip back there during the summer

Advertisement