Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution - what next?

Options
  • 28-02-2009 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Seeing as we alledgedly came from monkeys (I still have trouble with that one, the priest who 'befriended' me when I was young told a different story) where are we headed in the next million years? A few ideas?

Minge Hair: No one likes it, even women. If enough start shaving it off will it disappear forever in time?

Knob sizes: Men like having big knobs, women like having big knobs inside them. What with enhancement surgery etc will the average knob size increase?

Useless body parts: Apparently the appendix is a useless body part. will other parts go the same way? If so which? Ger Cannings Voicebox? Ronan Keatings knob? (come on Ronan, we all know the truth).

Anyone else any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Fecking laser beams out your eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bigger, stronger forefinger developed from scrolling mouse wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Evolution will be taking a break for the time being, hopefully it won't take a step backwards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Minge Hair: No one likes it, even women. If enough start shaving it off will it disappear forever in time?
    maybe, but not because people shave it off. it might happen because men might tend towards women who have light minge hair so the "light minge hair" gene takes over
    Knob sizes: Men like having big knobs, women like having big knobs inside them. What with enhancement surgery etc will the average knob size increase?
    maybe but not because of enhancement surgery, possibly because women might tend towards men with big knobs so the "big knob" gene takes over. if they tended towards men who had been enhanced through surgery who didn't have the big knob gene, it would never take over
    Useless body parts: Apparently the appendix is a useless body part. will other parts go the same way? If so which? Ger Cannings Voicebox? Ronan Keatings knob? (come on Ronan, we all know the truth).
    i've heard the baby finger is on the way out

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Evolution - what next?

There's a number of factors.

Evolution only works when natural selection or success of reproduction comes into play. As a politically correct society, we tend to help those who evolution would've deselected a long time ago, eg. the handicapped, long term unemployed, etc.

You'll probably find that a stronger immune system will come into play with the increase in anti-biotic resistant bacteria.
    Also, if the global temperature increases by say 4% by 2100 then only those able to adapt to hotter climates or migrate will thrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

All men will have one very strong arm, one really scrawny one, and be very pale, if we keep spendin so much time on the internet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i've heard the baby finger is on the way out
    The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip, so I don't think its going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

lol you not far off , people will start to become less and less hairy to the point were we are hairless , we don't need hair at all , clothes keep us warm ,

as for knob sizes, humans already have huge knobs compared to other mammals of equal size to us , take the gorilla , 2 inches is normal for them ,

and useless organs like the appendix, 3rd eyelid and the Darwin point are in the last stages of vanishing altogether , only a certain % of people have these and in a few thousand years (really small time evolutionary times)

http://science.discovery.com/top-ten/2008/organs/organs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip, so I don't think its going anywhere

And it's used to access the full range of letters of on the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have a virtually hairless body, no nipples, 12 toes and fingers, Ihave the power of telekenesis and I can read minds. Evolution is my bitch and I am your god and your future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And it's used to access the full range of letters of on the keyboard.

Sometimes, too many :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The baby finger provides most of the strength in the human grip
    Not in a headlock it doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Babies being born with 86% body fat.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Aodan83 wrote: »
    All men will have one very strong arm, one really scrawny one, and be very pale, if we keep spendin so much time on the internet!!!

So, you blame it on the Internet do you.:D

/ admit it,you overuse one muscle to overuse another.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

there will be no more natural red .heads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Well we will all be Hairless and all the same colour.

Just like the Goobacks

http://forum.thesimpson.it/upload/povracci/Goobacks.jpg

The left arm will be replaced with a tray so eating of curries at 3am while drunkenly shuffling home will be accomplised easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I'm sure I read something about this.
    That we would be less hairy, have much smaller chins and larger heads.
    Think a bald Mr. Burns.
    We will also be weaker and probably lazier.

I'd imagine more intelligent and possibly taller and fatter.

Would we not be more likely to evolve with weaker immune systems due
    to that fact that children are 'wrapped in cotton wool' so much these days?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Hopefully the general populace will develop the intelligence to actually understand evolution. But seeing how ignorance is "in" I can't see that being a selection pressure.

http://www.badscience.net/2006/10/%E2%80%9Call-men-will-have-big-willies%E2%80%9D/

Terry wrote: »

Pfft....
    They were nothing till 2000, when they invited Bret to join them.
    And then the New World Order was complete.:)

5uspect wrote: »
    Hopefully the general populace will develop the intelligence to actually understand evolution. But seeing how ignorance is "in" I can't see that being a selection pressure.

http://www.badscience.net/2006/10/%E2%80%9Call-men-will-have-big-willies%E2%80%9D/
    Meh.
    That reeks of small man syndrome and a dude with a tiny pecker. I'm speaking from experience here. The pecker part anyway.

Pfft....
    They were nothing till 2000, when they invited Bret to join them.
    And then the New World Order was complete.:)
    Yeah, that was about the time they started to completely suck and me and Scott were getting pissed.

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah, that was about the time they started to completely suck me, and Scott was getting pissed.

Didn't realise you and Scott were so close.:)

nWo was best with just the three of them. Hogan, Hall, Nash.

I reckon we'll have worse memory, from relying on t'internet so much for information.

Also, a newer version of the English language will be made up to accomodate for those that don't know the difference between words like then/than and saying "should of" instead of "should have" will be acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think longer and more dextrous fingers will reign supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I reckon we'll have worse memory, from relying on t'internet so much for information.

Also, a newer version of the English language will be made up to accomodate for those that don't know the difference between words like then/than and saying "should of" instead of "should have" will be acceptable.

Well Language is the fastest evolving thing on the planet. Unfortunately txt speak is becoming more and more common until it gets generally excepted.

Of course it was.
    But that is a PW discussion.:)
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

:confused:

Think he is saying that we won't have to memorise anything in the future, we will rely on the internet to do it for us instead. :)

Advertisement