Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA F9 in Dublin

Options
  • 16-02-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi,

I am about to start F9 just wondering which college. Has any of you had classes with Michael O'Grady (Griffith), Tom McStraw (BPP) or Michael Bristow (Indep.)?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

What about Patrick Lynch in DBS?

Gotta make decisions this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 accas

Liam in Independent College

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭noeleenred

Liam is only doing the re-takers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭aassddff

Mick Bristow IC or Patrick Lynch DBS whichever timetable suits you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maciejowy

Thanks lads, I went to Patrick Lynch in DBS and he seems very good so far but I'll let yus know in a couple of months ;)

cheers

• Advertisement

Chose DBS and first lecture last night, like his style so far so we'll see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Thinking about going to Patrick Lynch in DBS right now. Is he one of those lecturers who asks a lot of questions or puts you on the spot? Just wondering like- I hate those type of lecturers who make you feel like you're in primary school again

(I know it's an old thread but it's still relevant and it's useful to keep the info together)

Patrick is probably the best lecturer I had so far. He asks some questions but generally keeps you awake during classes and makes you interested.

I passed 60% in Jun'09

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

EDIT Ive been really impressed with Mick Bristow. Had him for F2, F5 and F9 and have always been more than prepared for the exams with first time passes (had prev tried to do F5 on my own). Makes the subjects enjoyable and accessible and in less time than many others.

To balance it out so Im not shilling for IC the 2nd best lecturer I had is the woman (forget name) who does F6 in BPP. I went to a revison course with her after studying only 3 of the 5 sections and over 4 days she drilled the entire syllabus into my head.

Obviously you have to do the work yourself but good lecturers make a huge difference imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

hi,

I had Tom McStraw....i found him excellent...infact he is the best lecturer I have had.
    He gives you his own notes along with the other course materials and they are all you need to get you through the exam. In my opinion he cut the course down really well and told you what you did and didn't need to know.

• Advertisement

looks like there is strong team for F9 in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Irish.sherpa

accaguest wrote: »
    E

To balance it out so Im not shilling for IC the 2nd best lecturer I had is the woman (forget name) who does F6 in BPP. I went to a revison course with her after studying only 3 of the 5 sections and over 4 days she drilled the entire syllabus into my head.

I had F6 In BPP with Caitriona Gaynor. If you are talking about her - yea she is really excellent.

I sat f9 with patrick lynch for the June sitting and passed first time, 62%. I really got his way of teaching, excellent notes and the style got you involved in the sylabus instead of just rogue learning. Can't recommend him enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Poi

Hi All,

Could anyone recommend Michael Bristow (Mick Bristow) in Independent Colleges for ACCA F9?
    Has anyone else got any suggestions for good lecturers for F9 in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cliu

maciejowy wrote: »
    Hi,

I am about to start F9 just wondering which college. Has any of you had classes with Michael O'Grady (Griffith), Tom McStraw (BPP) or Michael Bristow (Indep.)?

cheers

Tom McStraw is an excellent tutor. I passed it with 67% this time even missed 4 weeks class. He is giving students' his own EXAM FOCUS note apart from bpp matericals. Really enjoy to sit in his class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dolly Docker

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing F5 and F9 next semester, June 2013. Its the last of my F's.

Should I really have completed F5 before starting into F9? (in terms of knowledge requirement)

Is it possible to do F5 at home (old books & Opentuition)

Who would you recommend for F9? I heard Tom McStraw is very good but I can't seem to find him.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

Garret Mulvin: http://www.ic-bf.com/#/acca-tutors/4567568542

Ex-BPP, I had him for F5 and F7 and he was brilliant. Very clear at explaining things, totally exam focused and very approachable. Couldn’t recommend him enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

SGKM wrote: »
    Garret Mulvin: http://www.ic-bf.com/#/acca-tutors/4567568542

Ex-BPP, I had him for F5 and F7 and he was brilliant. Very clear at explaining things, totally exam focused and very approachable. Couldn’t recommend him enough.

I'd second that. Did some Performance Mgt with him years a few years ago and found him very good. Exactly as SGKM said; clear, focused, helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Zenga

Hi,

I'm thinking of doing F5 and F9 next semester, June 2013. Its the last of my F's.

Should I really have completed F5 before starting into F9? (in terms of knowledge requirement)

Is it possible to do F5 at home (old books & Opentuition)

Who would you recommend for F9? I heard Tom McStraw is very good but I can't seem to find him.

Thanks

Hi Ive just finished doing F5, F8 & F9 in December & passed all three (62%, 52% & 68%). To be honest I found F9 much more difficult to do compared to F5 which I found a relatively easy if long course. I think you should have no problem in completing both together & having gone through it I don't think there would have been any advantage to having F5 completed before attempting F9.

I did the courses in DBS, but I definitely think its possible to do F5 through home study. In fact if youre looking for books send me a message as I have the full set of both going cheap :)

If youre doing F9 in a course, I would recommend Marcus McInnerney in DBS, I thought his lectures were very good.

Advertisement