Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JC Decaux a total disaster for Paris in just 18 Months. What hope for Dublin

• 11-02-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

The JC decaux bicycle rental scheme that has transformed travel in the cityof Paris has run into serious problems just 18 months after its successful launch.

Over half the original fleet of 15,000 specially made bicycles have been nicked, more vandalized, some ending up in eastern Europe others in Africa.

JC Decaux, says it can no longer afford to operate the city-wide network.

Championed by Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, the bikes were part of an attempt to "green" the capital.

Parisians took to them enthusiastically. But the bikes have suffered more than anticipated, company officials have said.

What hope has this bicycle scheme got for Dublin, the old saying goes, "In a Jiffy its in the Liffy", :eek:

Facts from Velib

20,000 bicycles
    1,250 stations
    Cost 400 euros each to replace
    7,800 "disappeared"
    11,600 vandalized
    1,500 daily repairs
    Staff recover 20 abandoned bikes a day
    Each bike travels 10,000 km a year
    42 million users since launch

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7881079.stm

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Saw that today. Weren't DCC's bikes meant to arrive by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Halfrauds

we are compeditive, we will have em ALL wrecked in a week:D

who cares, they are a waste of time, big heavy crap bikes, they will put people off cycling. They should put work into the cycle to work scheme and sell people decent bikes that dont break, and are a joy to cycle.

cant wait to see the ****e they put in the city, single speed, brazed steel frames bought from surplus soviet stocks, rancid internal brakes, plastic tyres, no lights, no maintenance and will be totally ****ed in a week by out local scumbag population. a enviromental disaster as we will have to pay to ship the remains of 1000 or so BSO to china for recycling.

Green my arse.

whatever way you look at it no way those bikes in paris cost e400. no way. and DCC are even bigger gob****es and will settle for the bike described above.

sorry for the rant but trading ad space worth millions in the city for **** bikes isnt a good deal at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Worse still, they will probably round up the surviving Paris bikes and send them over here. :D

Sorry Mods, Didnt realise this was posted. Merge or Lock. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Je largely agree with monsieur halfrauds. They managed to get those abominable advertising hoardings up within weeks of the announcement of this scheme. And how long before the bikes actually arrive?? They will all be robbed or wrecked, far quicker than in Paris because we can't be trusted with anything in this country.

Then Jcdeacx will say its unprofitable and can't run their scheme anymore. They will get to keep the adverts and the bikes will never be heard of again.

If events unfold any different to this I will eat my hat. and all your hats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

could be a lot of hat eating.

With this cold weather, everyone is wearing one.

Although, I thought more wheelie bins would be (looks around to see if little scumbags listening ..) set on fire.

Think I have only seen one, burnt out.

With the bikes, I'd say its just as much a case of "every student house will have one.. to go with the traffic cone"

But if/when the bikes go (assuming they arrive) would like to see a campagne to get rid of the advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Halfrauds wrote: »
    who cares, they are a waste of time, big heavy crap bikes, they will put people off cycling. They should put work into the cycle to work scheme and sell people decent bikes that dont break, and are a joy to cycle.
    Thats not the primary purpose of the bikes; they are mainly aimed at people who commute to the city by metro or train or bus or whatever, they can then get to their final destination by bike once dropped from the public transport, without the hassle of having to own and maintain a bike. It's basically free for the first 30 mins (there's a yearly or once-off registration fee of 20 odd euro or so), and you only start getting charged for longer durations.

Have to wonder though how the missing bikes cannot be traced back to the last recorded renter, since you have to be a registered user to take one in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I don't think it's fair to call it a "total disaster", the scheme is very popular and heavily used and there are plenty of bikes and plenty of stations. It has contributed to the transformation of Paris traffic, the city is a hell of a lot more pleasant now. Ken has the point of the thing.

Even taking the 18-month numbers above, and speculating:

7,800 bikes gone, replaced @ €400 a go = €3,120,000
    11,600 bikes vandalized, repaired @ €50* = €580,000
    Total cost over 18 months = €3.7m
    Yearly cost = €2.5m
    Yearly mileage = 20,000 bikes x 10,000km each = 200 million km
    Cost per km = 1.2 cent

Seems not bad value to me

*guess

kenmc wrote: »
    Have to wonder though how the missing bikes cannot be traced back to the last recorded renter, since you have to be a registered user to take one in the first place.
    You could also put a lot of thefts down to credit card cloning and scamming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Is it credit card based? I thought it was a smartcard type thing like the luas card, where you top it up in advance; you'd imagine that you could then report your card stolen/lost and have it disabled. Never having used it though, I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

You could also put a lot of thefts down to credit card cloning and scamming.
    There are much more 'profitable' things to do using skimming and clonning CCs than using them to steal these bikes.

I think the classic stolen CCs fraud by minors would be the most likely to happen.

• Advertisement

You use the credit card to subscribe, there are daily and weekly subscriptions available. You need a Chip & PIN card though so would have thought that would reduce the card cloning problem.

To be honest I reckon a lot of this article comes down to JC Decaux's desire to spend less money for their advertising space.

kenmc wrote: »
    Is it credit card based? I thought it was a smartcard type thing like the luas card, where you top it up in advance; you'd imagine that you could then report your card stolen/lost and have it disabled. Never having used it though, I'm open to correction.
    Not too sure, I think they could be dual, I know the Bordeaux scheme will operate on a transit smart card.

What I cannot understand, they claim that these cost e400 each, when you look at the specs they are a pile of sh*t, IE steel wheels, no gears, They don't even have an alloy cotterless and weigh a ton. The single bar frame is also a weak point I have seen pictures of these broken in half.

I have seen better spec cycles in Halfords for less than the ton. My guess is that these are manufactured in China for buttons. e400 would buy a danm good mountain bike.

Not too sure, I think they could be dual, I know the Bordeaux scheme will operate on a transit smart card.

What I cannot understand, they claim that these cost e400 each, when you look at the specs they are a pile of sh*t, IE steel wheels, no gears, no alloy cotterless, weigh a ton. I have seen better spec cycles in Halfords for less than the ton.My guess is that these are manufactured in China for buttons. e400 would buy a good mountain bike.
    There is also all the electronics that actually run the thing, and plenty of accessories (lock, basket, mudguards, lights etc.) They are actually pretty solid bikes with decent components, Schwalbe Marathon tyres, etc. The aim is to make them as solid and indestructible as possible and suitable for short trips. €400 is certainly not unreasonable.

Can anyone tell me will there be a city limit for these bikes? IE could one rent one in town and cycle it home to Greystones if they miss the nightlink. ?

Can anyone tell me will there be a city limit for these bikes? IE could one rent one in town and cycle it home to Greystones if they miss the nightlink. ?
    You could, but presuming the rental rates are similar to Paris it would not be very economical, the amount charged increases exponentially to encourage the intended use of short trips and to keep the bikes in circulation:
    time	30 min	1 h	1 h 30	2 h	5 h	10 h	20 h
    rate	free	1 €	3 €	7 €	31 €	71 €	151 €

bealbocht wrote: »
    could be a lot of hat eating.

Although, I thought more wheelie bins would be (looks around to see if little scumbags listening ..) set on fire.
    It would be great if this works out, but I really can't see it. I've seen too many bikes beaten to bits on the streets of Dublin. But just in case, I'm going to bake you all bread hats.

blorg wrote: »
    There is also all the electronics that actually run the thing, and plenty of accessories (lock, basket, mudguards, lights etc.) They are actually pretty solid bikes with decent components, Schwalbe Marathon tyres, etc. The aim is to make them as solid and indestructible as possible and suitable for short trips. €400 is certainly not unreasonable.

no way in hell does it cost e400 to manufacture a heap of gick like that.:o, if it does they are bieng ripped.

Those bikes cost e100 max to produce.

the company is pulling a fast one as far as i can see, they want the ad space, but dont wanna pay, sure they are trying to worm out of a contract because its costing too much:confused:, well they can take their ****ty ad boards with them,:mad:, infact maybe if the scum had intelligence they would destroy the ads and keep the bikes:rolleyes:.

schwable marathons aint that expensive, e400 these days will get you a deore groupset, hydraulic brakes, sealed bearings, butted aluminium and a half decent suspention fork........infinatley better than the crap they are offering.

The price to use them BTW:eek::eek:, so we are giving up public space, and pretty much paying for the pleasure, who do we have negotiating those deals???.....probably a ex banker.

Hey ,,, I am 100% sur ethese bikes won't last however ... Unless we try, we'll never know how crap it's going to be working. Plus think of the job opportunities there, they will need people to look after these bikes and that will create jobs, which we need at the moment.

I had no idea Bordeaux was going to have the velib bikes :) In Bordeaux a good part of the city centre has been car free for a few years now. I have cycled there last summer with my road bike, and it was lovely :) ( not biased ...but my hometown is great )

schwable marathons aint that expensive, e400 these days will get you a deore groupset, hydraulic brakes, sealed bearings, butted aluminium and a half decent suspention fork.....
    These bikes are for cycling around the city you know, not being taken out the trails. Suspension fork FFS!

These bikes are for cycling around the city you know, not being taken out the trails. Suspension fork FFS!

i was saying what you COULD get for e400 at RETAIL price:)

Take the fork off then ,add a rigid chromo one and upgrade the wheels with the saving:P

I was just pointing out that at e400 cost price its alota ****, they are clearly just bull****ting the price so they dont have to pay as much:eek:

• Advertisement

or stick a set of corsas or sids at the front:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

no way in hell does it cost e400 to manufacture a heap of gick like that.:o, if it does they are bieng ripped.

Those bikes cost e100 max to produce.
    I don't agree, these bikes are built to last (I've ridden them). The crap you pick up for €100 wouldn't last a fraction of the distances these put in. 10,000 km on average!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

They say 15k bikes disappeared, and 42M trips, that's one stolen bike for 3000 trips. Take average commuter, 400 trips a year, that means he get his bike stolen every 7.5 years, not too bad I would say.

If it wasn't viable, they wouldn't do it. They've insurance, they buy bike in bulk from the factories and ... they probably don't pay VAT.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I don't agree, these bikes are built to last (I've ridden them). The crap you pick up for €100 wouldn't last a fraction of the distances these put in. 10,000 km on average!

I'd have to disagree with all those points.... I'm talking about bikes that have a COST Price of e400. Thats bikes that will RETAIL at the e600 mark. Are you telling me youd spend e600 on those bikes and be happy???!

Your right about e100 bikes, but thats things ain't far off.

They key to a bike lasting big mileage and heavy use is MAINTENANCE.

Dublin bikes will not get 10k a year, no way. Thats about 30kms a day, the longest trip in Dublin would be 2kms. Either way the council is being ripped and these bikes are going to renforce the publics view that all bikes are heavy and crap. They will turn people off cycling IMO.

I've seen good bikes for e200 cost that would do a much better job, and if buying e400 in bulk and spares then you could negotiate a great deal.

This deal is half arsed tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Are you telling me youd spend e600 on those bikes and be happy???!
    If I was buying 20,000 bikes I know I would do my homework , buy a bike that would suit my requirements and would be in a position to negotiate a good price. If you think these guys wandered in off the street asked for a 20k bikes and handed over the money without doing some research you're naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

42 million users since launch, and they are saying its a disaster, 7500 missing bikes.. thats nothing.. the prices that people are paying should pay for the missing bikes 10 fold...

If I was buying 20,000 bikes I know I would do my homework , buy a bike that would suit my requirements and would be in a position to negotiate a good price. If you think these guys wandered in off the street asked for a 20k bikes and handed over the money without doing some research you're naive.

There ain't gunna be 20,000 bikes in Dublin.

You don't understand what I'm trying to get across.

This is a joint venture between DCC ( with somthing the ad company wants but doesnt wanna pay what its worth) and the jc decaux.

The ad company tells us these bikes cost e400 so DCC in their clueless aprosch to everything bike related, thinks they have negotiated a good deal. What they done understand is the ad company pulled a fast one and now has a load of ad space which is making them a fortune. A fortune taken from DCC and the tax payer.

Yes those bikes will do the job, but foe e400 I'd want alot more tbh.

Clearly like mr. Lenihan DCC didnt do their homework.

I think youd be the naieve one to believe a corporate company was more concerned about the bike being appropriate than the bottom line.

42 million users since launch, and they are saying its a disaster, 7500 missing bikes.. thats nothing.. the prices that people are paying should pay for the missing bikes 10 fold...

its just bollix, the ad company job is to make as much profit as possible by whatever means. They could see the chance to screw over taxpayers and took it. Wait till you see they will get aload of ad space ,making them a fortune and won't pay for it.

• Advertisement

so youd be happy to spend e600 on one of them?? Bike shops must love you!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As I already said on the commuting at transport board… http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485398

Even if the system in Paris was scraped tomorrow (which there are no signs of such happening) the system has encouraged a large increases in normal bicycle use.

What is happening is more like the business model JC Decaux signed up to has been damaged by the downturn and massive drop in advertising. So, now the company is making nose. JC Decaux are in a contract too you have to remember. One they no longer like.

In any case, the company looks to be wanting a rework of the contract... As the quote from the company says: "It's simple. All the receipts go to the city. All the expenses are ours." And, remember, Paris apparently secured far, far better terms than Dublin did.

There's lots of unanswered questions here too: On stolen bikes is the security deposit being used by JCD or is it also going to the city of Paris? Where and how are the bikes being stole?... If at the docking stations, does security need to be improved? If after somebody rents a bike, does the security deposit needed to be increased to account for a larger percentage of the cost of replacements?

Also on costs: How much do the bikes actually cost? Have the actual cost of the bikes gone down since JC Decaux started working with Lapierre last year? (Lapierre are a large bicycle manufacturer, according to their website they only starting working with the ad company in 2008)

And, I'm wondering why the BBC are using a downmarket Paris-based tabloid newspaper as a source. Maybe cuts at the Beeb are affecting standards? As the tabloid looks to be the main (only?) source of the very high number of bikes which have gone missing, I'd question how accurate it is.

In Bordeaux a good part of the city centre has been car free for a few years now.

Some of the Dublin city councillors look to be already siding with retailers on just restricting cars from a few street in Dublin, so following what some French cities have done in recent years is sadly wishful thinking at the moment…

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055484097
    they are a waste of time, big heavy crap bikes, they will put people off cycling.

Like the big heavy bike most people cycle in many Europeeen cities :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Thinking about it the people who use these bikes more than likely won't have helmets on. Not very safe!! Especially as there probably won't be any reduction in amount of vehicles in the city.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Do we really need another thread transformed into a helmet debate?

monument wrote: »
    And, I'm wondering why the BBC are using a downmarket Paris-based tabloid newspaper as a source. Maybe cuts at the Beeb are affecting standards? As the tabloid looks to be the main (only?) source of the very high number of bikes which have gone missing, I'd question how accurate it is.

Le Monde, Libération and Le Figaro all reported on the figures.

Most European cities aint laid out like Dublin nor do they have many hills. They also have better cycling facilities so hence they can get away with these big heavy bikes. Its ignorant to compare Dublin to other eu cities as regards to bikes, they are miles ahead.

The fact is Dublin city just is not suitable for thats big heavy heaps of junk. Brussels and Paris are. I've been to all 3 cities so I can judge fist hand.

If you wanna be trendy on your Electra or your fixie then fine, but they are not the best choice of bike for a public bike scheme in Dublin, although I would take elements from them for the bike I'd reccomend.

As a roadie mr tonto I'd expect you to understand the vast difference in attitudes towards cycling between Irish and continental Europe. This is another aspect that I feel works agaist the paticular bikes used by the scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The fact is Dublin city just is not suitable for thats big heavy heaps of junk. Brussels and Paris are. I've been to all 3 cities so I can judge fist hand.

How do you figure that one out? Dublin has feck all hills in and around the city centre, and possibly 50% of people are going around on bikes as heavy as the proposed ones

Barcelona and Marseille are pretty damn hilly and they have the same sort of scheme. Luxembourg is crazy hilly and they have one too. Dublin is pretty flat!

How do you figure that one out? Dublin has feck all hills in and around the city centre, and possibly 50% of people are going around on bikes as heavy as the proposed ones

i figured since ive to descend one hill and climb another on my 5 mile journey to the city centre of which one is a mile from the spire and another is about 2 mile before that.:D
    but apart from the hills i mention that the city isnt cut out for heavy single speed bikes. Due to dublin being a bit georgian, a bit medieval, and abit of irish, it means the streets are narrow, with little room for bikes on the roads and cyclepaths.:(
    The likes of paris, brussells, berlin, rotterdam, marseille, where people predominantly use these type of bikes, had the crap blown out of them in ww2 and so are designed with transport in mind.
    These bikes are heavy so take a bit of effort to get going, but they cruise well due to momentum, but in stop,start there are better options.
    For e400 you can definatley get better bikes, why settle for the ****e being given out??

Fair enough with the 50% figure riding supermarket bikes, but these cost e100-e150, not e400!!(or 600 retail!), also this 50% is the group that give cyclists that ride decent bikes, and have lights and common sense a bad name, due to their attitude that cycling is cheap and nasty, hence the severe lack of lights and common sense on the road.
    this was a great oppertunity to show the general public how great cycling actually can be, with a knock on effect of less traffic, cleaner air, less fines for co2, less obesity, more funding for the sport , the possibility of actually having a generation of riders that can compete in the tour, and the olymipcs.
    but this wonderful idea was ruined IMO by greed, and the incompetance by DCC.
    would you be happy paying the e400 COST PRICE for these rigs?? i wouldnt.
    the scheme is a great idea, but wasnt managed right.:((unfortuantley this is a abit "Irish")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

"Dublin is hilly"...what a ridiculous claim. Constitution Hill and Bridge St are not that steep and they're about as bad as it gets in the city.

i figured since ive to descend one hill and climb another on my 5 mile journey to the city centre of which one is a mile from the spire and another is about 2 mile before that.

The likes of paris, brussells, berlin, rotterdam, marseille, where people predominantly use these type of bikes, had the crap blown out of them in ww2 and so are designed with transport in mind.

There has already been examples given of hillier cities than Dublin which operate the rental system. Berlin for one on your list has a far different type of system -- it has Deutsche Bahn's Call a Bike system.

but apart from the hills i mention that the city isnt cut out for heavy single speed bikes.

:confused:

They are not single-speed bikes! They are three-speed bicycles. Like the set up of bicycles cycled across Europe every day???

These bikes are heavy so take a bit of effort to get going, but they cruise well due to momentum,

I cycled the Velib bikes over a few days for different distances, the bikes are fine. But you seem to be obsessed with the weight of bikes.
    not e400!!(or 600 retail!),)

Do you really trust the figure JCD are giving when they are clearly not happy with the deal they have in Paris (a far better deal than Dublin got)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭alentejo

Used a Velib bike in Paris last weekend for the first time,
    Overall I was very impressed with the service.

€400 per bike would seem about correct for the cost of these bikes. There are a few things that need to be said about the design of bikes such as the Velib scheme,

There need to be identical and suitable for both men and women.
    There are not racers and are simply required from getting from A to B over a relative Short distance.
    There are realistically designed for journeys of between 1 to 4 km.
    They need to be robust as they are part of the public transport infrastructure. I.e they are heavy and not really desirable so dissuade thieves.
    If you are interested in cycling, buy your own bike. The Velib bikes are for occasional usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Moreofthatjazz

I had a rapid blast around paris last november when i was over with the mrs. they are about as much fun to ride as somnolent elephant but were appreciated for their ease of access. Major gripe was the first machine we went to did not print a ticket so it put a hold of 150e of funds on my card (which i was unaware was going to happen) and then when i did get a machine to work it held a further 300e on my card which buggered me when i went to pay for the hotel in the classic "No, there must be some mistake" kind of way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

All i want to know is WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE BIKES.

If i can pick up one of these around town and cycle where i want to go then i might leave the car at home.

321654 wrote: »
    All i want to know is WHEN ARE WE GETTING THE BIKES.

According to an article in today's Sunday Business Post ('Bicycle rental scheme to go ahead') a "council spokesman said that 'enabling work' for the scheme was due to begin next month and it would take three to four months before the scheme would be in operation".

First paragraph is missing from the online version of that story.

monument wrote: »
    There has already been examples given of hillier cities than Dublin which operate the rental system. Berlin for one on your list has a far different type of system -- it has Deutsche Bahn's Call a Bike system.

:confused:

They are not single-speed bikes! They are three-speed bicycles. Like the set up of bicycles cycled across Europe every day???

I cycled the Velib bikes over a few days for different distances, the bikes are fine. But you seem to be obsessed with the weight of bikes.

Do you really trust the figure JCD are giving when they are clearly not happy with the deal they have in Paris (a far better deal than Dublin got)?

okay i dont think im getting my point across accuratley.

What Im saying is:

These bikes would be grand IF they cost e200. but they dont(or so we are told:rolleyes:).

For e400 Id expect ALOT more in a bike, if you disagree with the fact these bikes ae overvalued for what they are then I really cannot take you serious. sorry:o.

If they got a bike that actually did cost e400 COST, and maybe a bit better in quality than the public could buy considering the order would be substantial, then it would promote cycling ALOT more positivley.

But unfortunatley this isnt the case.

Also the fact dublin actually does have some hills means its hilly. if it was flat then id be wrong,there are plenty of gradients and hills in dublin compared to other citys that use these type of bikes. but my main point was the design of the city.

I think a aluminium frame, SS or 3 speed internals, rigid fork, decent geometry, even buy the rights of a specialized or kona frame. Also a male and female specific model. brakewise id risk using V-brakes (this would be dependant on maintenace):), this would possibly be even cheaper than e400 still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/feb/15/bike-depots-to-open-in-march/

55% of bike stations on the southside, with 45% on the northside - yet 49 of the large "metropole" billboards were planned to be on the northside - with only 21 on the southside!

And as was said on the archiseek forum today, where the Dublin-Decaux story first became public -

Stick your socially segregationalist scheme up your jacksey DCC :mad:

ODS wrote: »
    http://www.tribune.ie/news/home-news/article/2009/feb/15/bike-depots-to-open-in-march/

55% of bike stations on the southside, with 45% on the northside - yet 49 of the large "metropole" billboards were planned to be on the northside - with only 21 on the southside!

And as was said on the archiseek forum today, where the Dublin-Decaux story first became public -

Stick your socially segregationalist scheme up your jacksey DCC :mad:

totally agree,

This type of **** is so irish too, the whole scheme has been a giant **** up and its not even started yet.

wouldnt you think if traditionally the southside has more money, they would have a larger audience to advertise to??

there is no political influence in the northside, anytime we get in power we just **** it up ala haughey and bertie. Thats why we get ****ed over while these clowns who represent us live behind gates away from everything.

If anybody knows clontarf for example, compare ivor callelys st lawrence road to lets say furry park, not a mile away, its rediculous, makes me sick. Because of this shower of arseholes the country is on its knees, and unfortunatley for the so called **** holes, were all gunna get it, while these middle class retards get off scot free...:mad:

sorry for going off topic but his whole scheme just mirrors every othe ****ed descision made by this governmant and its councillers:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I think a aluminium frame, SS or 3 speed internals, rigid fork, decent geometry, even buy the rights of a specialized or kona frame. Also a male and female specific model. brakewise id risk using V-brakes (this would be dependant on maintenace):), this would possibly be even cheaper than e400 still.

Steel is better for this kind of application and they already have 3 speed internal gear hub and a rigid fork. From looking at the Paris ones too they have Schwalbe Marathon Runner tires, the dynamo lights, the baskets, the two-legged integrated kick stand. It's pretty easy to write them off as over-valued, but I think if this bike was to ever retail in Ireland it wouldn't be far off 600 euro, probably a lot more.

EDIT: The rear light looks like a Busch & Muller light, but it could be just a knockoff.

sorry for going off topic but his whole scheme just mirrors every othe ****ed descision made by this governmant and its councillers:mad:
    Why don't you write a letter of complaint or phone your local TD/Councillor?

• Advertisement
Advertisement