Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomson HD PSU Upgrade

Options
  • 08-02-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I will shortly be taking possesion of a Thomson Sky +HD which needs it's PSU repaired or replaced. Does anyone know of any repairers in the Republic (especially Cork) who carry out this work?
    regards
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

I think satcure do a DIY kit.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Try a local electrical retailer. Otherwise, just buy the whole rebuilt PSU board from Satcure and replace it yourself.
    Linky

I'm not sure if Kesh Electrics fix Thomson hardware, possibly do, but they're based in Fermanagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Hi lads,
    I know all about Satcure and the replacement psu's, £32.95 + £25 deposit + you must send them your old PSU etc etc.
    I'm trying to avoid all that hassle. That's why I'm looking for a repairer in Ireland, there are loads of them in the UK.
    h**p://www.satcure.co.uk/psu_fix.htm
    There must be hundreds of people in Ireland at this stage with Thomson PSU problems, they usually appear after a year to 18 months of use. I find it hard to believe there are no local repairers.The DIY kit is only a tenner but I can't solder......
    regards
    D.

byte

As I already said, try a local electrical retailer who has a repairman.

It'd be a straightforward job for somebody a bit savvy with a soldering iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Did you try AV service centre in the city?On the quay accross from abbey court house,or the quay thats parrallel with south mall.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~webit/avs/index.htm

Regards,

Kieran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Thanks for that Kieran but last year I went in there with an ordinary digibox and the guy behind the counter said " We don't touch them!"
    When I asked if he knew somebody who did he couldn't help me either......
    regards
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Why not upgrade to Hd....current price is €49 for exsisting customers and whatever installation is...cheaper option and 12 month guarantee with box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

If you type another message entitled "Soldering expert in Cork?" you'll surely get a better response. And if they are any good, tell them to register with Satcure.

Anyway, I seem to recall that Apple has a computer factory in Co. Cork? Surely someone there can solder? They must have a dozen technicians at least! Try posting your question in the Mac computer section.

byte

steveon wrote: »
    Why not upgrade to Hd....current price is €49 for exsisting customers and whatever installation is...cheaper option and 12 month guarantee with box...
    It's a HD box the OP wants fixed!

Advertisement