Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will the tripod let you in in runners?

Options
  • 06-02-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

have often seen peeps in there with them but just wondering do they have a rule?? Not white airmax and black jeans or nothing, neat black pair of trainers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never had a problem, even on sold out nights where they'd likely want to get rid of people - mine would be skate shoes rather than runners but to a bouncer they're all the same really.

Anyway, never noticed that the higher the dress code on a nightclub, the worse the clientele? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Jay D wrote: »
    have often seen peeps in there with them but just wondering do they have a rule?? Not white airmax and black jeans or nothing, neat black pair of trainers.

Cant see a problem once they ain't, Air "off me bleedin head" Max type runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Should be no bother at all at all.
    I think the last time I wore shoes out was about 7 years ago.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I'm wearing shoes around 7 years now!! :confused:

Not any more, oh no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

I'm wearing shoes around 7 years now!! :confused:

Not any more, oh no!!

You go girl!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yeah that's the good thing about Tripod they have a relaxed dress code which is cool, i usually wear jeans,t-shirt and Adidas Gazelles,etc if im going clubbing,fcuk that wearing shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Yea man runners will be grand out, I wear em to all gigs etc. Just don't wear trackie ends with em :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

Tripod are cool on runners. I think most clubs in the country are. The ones that aren't I wouldn't have any interest in anyway. Then again if they dont like the look of you they might play the no runner/hoodie etc etc card. Which has happened to me in the past just because I looked too drunk. Actually wasn't drunk I had just finished a 14 hour shift at work. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Aint nothing wrong with Airmax,they are the essence of Oldskool,and Ive tried all the other runners out there,none beat Airmax for comfort,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Aint nothing wrong with Airmax,they are the essence of Oldskool,and Ive tried all the other runners out there,none beat Airmax for comfort,lol

:pac:

100% agree :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

RaverRo808 wrote: »

Proper skate shoes will by a mile and are questioned basically nowhere; whereas there are clubs (mostly in NI) where their no runners rule is actually "No Airmax". Got a photo of one set of club rules with that on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

MYOB wrote: »
    Proper skate shoes will by a mile and are questioned basically nowhere; whereas there are clubs (mostly in NI) where their no runners rule is actually "No Airmax". Got a photo of one set of club rules with that on it...

I wear black DC's..

You are wearing runners/trainers etc etc but they are inconspicuous.and comfy too,which is a paramount when out on the beer with the gang.

Advertisement