Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annamoe, Wicklow Snow - Far Too Many Pictures

Options
  • 06-02-2009 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭

Last night there was a nice topping up of the snow already lying here. But instead of turning to slush overnight it froze so I was able to go out and take pictures this morning.
    This is what snow mad people dream about, utterly fantastic conditions outside with snow stuck to everything.
    If the roads don't look like there's much on them its simply because they've already been ploughed but the effect is still beautiful.
    Hope you like them :) (I've added some more on page two of this thread of around the area..if you can handle that much snow!!)

oustise.jpg

corner.jpg

sneachta.jpg

sneachta1.jpg

sneachta10.jpg

sneachta11.jpg

sneachta12.jpg

sneachta13.jpg

sneachta14.jpg

sneachta14_1.jpg

sneachta15.jpg

sneachta15_1.jpg

sneachta16.jpg

sneachta17.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

sneachta19.jpg

sneachta2.jpg

sneachta3.jpg

sneachta4.jpg

sneachta5.jpg

sneachta18.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Fantastic , simply fantistic ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Great pictures. I'm jealous. Maybe I should move to Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

wow
    totally envious of you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

So jealous - what a beautiful scene. Lucky you!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

OMG what fantastic pictures supercell ,incredible ,and great scenery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Brilliant photo's :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

I love virgin snow without any footprints etc in it. It always looks beautiful.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Smashing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Bleedin' rapid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Great pics there. I really like this one.

sneachta15.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Wibbler wrote: »
    Great pictures. I'm jealous. Maybe I should move to Wicklow?
    Exactly what SC did couple years back and has been rewarded big time. There is the flip side of course with crap driving conditions more often (esp next monday :pac: ) but SC is very happy with the trade off.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, Mothman your bang on there, they'll drag me kicking and screaming from this place :)

Here's some more photos (yes yet more!!) from this afternoon of the weird features caused by the wind on the powdery snow, pretty cool as well as come shots of Scarr mountain. Note the depth of the tracks left by the tractor in the second pic, the snow here is so deep its just silly now :)

snowtopia030.jpg

snowtopia032.jpg

snowtopia033.jpg

snowtopia034.jpg

snowtopia036.jpg

snowtopia037.jpg

snowtopia038.jpg

snowtopia041.jpg

snowtopia046.jpg

snowtopia047.jpg

snowtopia048.jpg

snowtopia049.jpg

Now I'm all snowed out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

lovely pics, where exactly is Scarr mountain?

lovely pics, where exactly is Scarr mountain?

If you mean in which photo, its the alpine looking white mountain in the background of picture 2 with the tractor tracks.

Scarr Mountain is right behind Annamoe village, and I suspect a major reason for the area getting dumped on in an easterly wind and lashed out it on rain events from the SE
    You get a great view of it leaving Roundwood village heading towards Laragh and Glendalough.

Sorry I meant location, I live not to far from Annamoe but had never heard of Scarr mountain..

Heres a better view of it, normally in the snow you can make out heather etc..but not today..

snowtopia052.jpg

While I'm at it heres a few more, I promise no more :)

Roundwood Waterworks :-

snowtopia053.jpg

And a couple of random field shots, the sun on the snow in the second one was almost blindingly bright.

snowtopia051.jpg

snowtopia050.jpg

You will have a nice collection of photo's from this!!! Hoping to have pics from the Wicklow gap tommorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

That is just gorgeous :) beautiful pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some amazing pics there SC - It really is very Alpine here ATM!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

They are absolutely amazing shots, what I would do to live around those parts - one day maybe!

You lucky, lucky bast*rd... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Those are real good pictures :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

Gorgeous photos. Haven't seen snow like that in Ireland for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Fantastic pictures Supercell!

So jealous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Darwin

Wonderful pictures SuperCell, I took a holiday in the log cabins in Glenmalure last September (not too far from your location) and the surrounding countryside is stunning, snow or no snow.

Darwin wrote: »
    Wonderful pictures SuperCell, I took a holiday in the log cabins in Glenmalure last September (not too far from your location) and the surrounding countryside is stunning, snow or no snow.

Glenmalure is a lovely spot indeed though its a bit lower than here so may not have as much if the white stuff, that said its a gorgeous area in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

For me (and I suspect most others here), there's no such thing as "too many pictures" of the fabulous snow around you there, Supercell. You have a lot of truly spectacular shots, beautifully captured.

Thanks for sharing so many with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Thats a lot of snow, how high is your elevation again? I doubt there is even that depth of snow on top of Baurtregaum mountain overlooking Tralee atm which is 850m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Thats a lot of snow, how high is your elevation again? I doubt there is even that depth of snow on top of Baurtregaum mountain overlooking Tralee atm which is 850m.
    This month
    Valentia 5mm
    Here in Ashford down the road from Annamoe 59mm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

wow those pics are amazing:)

Advertisement