Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Text Messeg From dealers

Options
  • 04-02-2009 2:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i got a text messeg from Joe Duffy BMW last night at 9pm (someones on overtime ha ha)

anyway, they are offering 0% Finance and 5 years free servicing on all new BMW and mini stock cars.

anybody else get this?
    i suppose its a good offer, but im thinking its just brand new stock and not existing 2nd hand stock the offer is on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭omega man

Get them from Joe Duffy Mazda. Usually to remind me about a booked service etc. They also send them after servicing to say they hope the work was carried out to high standards and so on. How times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I recently got an email from them asking if my email query had been followed up on promptly and efficiently as they are commited to ensuring that all queries were followed up on in that way.
    Yes, how times have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I got one from a Nissan dealer this morning informing me about a new €4,000 scrappage scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I got an actual call last week from annesley motors asking was my recent repair ok and if there were any issues with it to call back and they'd fix them!

About time dealers got they're act together, the service has definitely improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I knew this recession would be good for something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

Asked for a quote from a main dealer over the phone trading an 05 superb into a new one, Dealer says "no problem I'll just take your details and get right back to you".
    That was 2 days ago.
    Also took my mobile number, office number and details of where the car was bought etc. It wouldn't be difficult to get a hold of me. Anyway, no missed calls. It is BASIC manners and good buisness practice to call someone when you say you are going to call someone.
    Still a bit to learn yet lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Joe duffy sent me a bluetooth message as soon as I set foot in the showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

steve06 wrote: »
    I got one from a Nissan dealer this morning informing me about a new €4,000 scrappage scheme

*pricks up ears*
    Can you let me know where? :) PM if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Asked for a quote from a main dealer over the phone trading an 05 superb into a new one, Dealer says "no problem I'll just take your details and get right back to you".
    That was 2 days ago.
    Also took my mobile number, office number and details of where the car was bought etc. It wouldn't be difficult to get a hold of me. Anyway, no missed calls. It is BASIC manners and good buisness practice to call someone when you say you are going to call someone.
    Still a bit to learn yet lads.

I had a customer interested in a new Insignia. He dropped into a retail garage, and the saleman passed on his details to me, as it was for a contract hire deal, with the possibility of a few other cars too.

I phoned him, left a voicemail for him to ring me back, and that was on Monday.

It happens both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Oh, so the customer should put in as much effort as the salesman to give you the business. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Thoie wrote: »
    *pricks up ears*
    Windsor motors in Deansgrange.

Robertr wrote: »
    Oh, so the customer should put in as much effort as the salesman to give you the business. :rolleyes:

No, but as the post says, in is basic manners and a good business practice. I dont want to know what his customers have to do to get a response.

And is it a case of, try your best to contact the customer, to get no response, but if you are out sick, or unable to make the call for any genuine reason, your the worlds worst?

AFAIK, its the whole group offering this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Thoie wrote: »
    *pricks up ears*

Careful now!

Its "up to" €4,000. When you enquire they will tell you that they will only give you the 4k against an X-Trail for example. You couldnt push in a 1988 Opel Kadett and expect to get 4k off a 2nd hand Micra they are selling for 6K. (The scheme does apply to 2nd hand stock BTW).

I enquired about it last week with a view to trading in one of the cars in the household and he offered 2.5K. Not bad as it happens but the car I was interested in wasnt exactly a great price, swings and roundabouts really.

Someone will get a bargain though if they want to trade up the years somewhat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

No, but as the post says, in is basic manners and a good business practice. I dont want to know what his customers have to do to get a response.

And is it a case of, try your best to contact the customer, to get no response, but if you are out sick, or unable to make the call for any genuine reason, your the worlds worst?

Yes, it is!

Customer is allways right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Sizzler wrote: »

Someone will get a bargain though if they want to trade up the years somewhat :)

I've got about 12 years to catch up, so it might help me :)

Thanks for the headsup steve06.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I have to say I am really impressed how Joe Duffy are copping on and building their business around an emphasis of customer satisfaction. Other dealers are just plain gormless sit and wonder why they aren't selling any cars.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Their service end is quite good now but at the same time I test drove an M3 about a month ago, got cleared for the money to buy it and the sales guy never followed up to get me to buy the car!!

Advertisement