Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski service / tuning in Dublin area?

Options
  • 26-01-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭

I tried Googling and found nothing (!) on this, so does anyone know anywhere reputable where I can get a couple of pairs of skis serviced (i.e. repair a few small gouges, sharpening edges and waxing, check and set bindings) here in Ireland, preferably in the Dublin or N. Wicklow area?

Back when I lived in the Netherlands and Germany I could take them into any number of sports shops to get a good professional job done, but what pass as sports shops here seem to be nothing of the sort.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've seen mention of The Great Outdoors doing servicing previously and I suspect that Snow & Rock do. I've made use of a Snow & Rock in the UK previously for servicing and was very happy with the fixing they made to the gouges I had in the blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

www.irishsnowboards.com
    check out the above site.Its in Mulhuddart and its only 20 quid for a tuning and wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for both those suggestions. Dundrum is a bit closer / more convenient for me, so I'll give Snow & Rock a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

If you're heading away on holidays - most shops will do an express service when you arrive. In case you can't get to somewhere here!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

olaola wrote: »
    If you're heading away on holidays - most shops will do an express service when you arrive. In case you can't get to somewhere here!
    Well, that's the problem, really, I'll actually be staying with a friend who lives a 40 minute drive from the slopes, so won't have time to get them done the night before the first day's skiing, and I am reliably informed there's nowhere suitable in the small village where she lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Dude dont bother with Snow and Rock and the Great outdoors dont do them anymore.
    Had mine done in snow and rock before xmas, had a ding in my board which they fixed which was a great job but they used CLEAR petex and not black like the board, but anyway the wax and edge was crap paid 54 quid or something and had to get it done by day 2 in resort for 18 euro:D

Advertisement