Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flickr Problems - Not Displaying Properly

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problem where Flickr isn't displaying properly...

picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=2066

I got some error called overflow stack? Would it be my outdated work browser IE6 causing it?

Rob

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have had problems with Flickr on and off for the past week and a half, their advice is all based on the user being the problem never their servers. Half the images dont show up or none at all, I got about half red x's on their test page..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Just to add, I think they're having hiccups. One thing you could try is to empty your browser's cache and try reloading the page(s). Might help. Of course you could try using a different browser, I'm using Safari which reproduces colours with a view to their embedded colour profile, unlike Firefox (I think), anyway, colours are much more saturated on Safari than Firefox.

Regards,

HughC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Borderfox wrote: »
    I have had problems with Flickr on and off for the past week and a half, their advice is all based on the user being the problem never their servers. Half the images dont show up or none at all, I got about half red x's on their test page..

Really getting p***ed off with them. They haven't had any descent updates in ages apart from the silly video. If it wasn't for the groups I would have left ages ago.
    Hugh_C wrote: »
    Just to add, I think they're having hiccups. One thing you could try is to empty your browser's cache and try reloading the page(s). Might help. Of course you could try using a different browser, I'm using Safari which reproduces colours with a view to their embedded colour profile, unlike Firefox (I think), anyway, colours are much more saturated on Safari than Firefox.

Regards,

HughC

Flickr always seems to be having hiccups these days. I tried emptying cache etc but made no difference. Its the browser at work so don't get to choose what it is otherwise it'd be Firefox.

Suppose I'll just have to do some work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

jaqian wrote: »
    Really getting p***ed off with them. They haven't had any descent updates in ages apart from the silly video. If it wasn't for the groups I would have left ages ago.

It's a picture hosting service, not a 'lets add updates for the craic' site. If you want that, bebo might be more down your alley...

For once, someone's following the 'if its not broke, don't fix it' saying....and people still find something to whinge about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

For once, someone's following the 'if its not broke, don't fix it' saying....and people still find something to whinge about

The reason for this thread is that Flickr does seem to be broken. I'll look at this tomorrow. It's working fine for me, but if this is an increasing error, it may be worth being prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Anouilh wrote: »
    It's working fine for me, but if this is an increasing error, it may be worth being prepared.

Prepared for what?. War, takeover, hissy fit email .....

The reason for this thread is that Flickr does seem to be broken. I'll look at this tomorrow. It's working fine for me, but if this is an increasing error, it may be worth being prepared.

And you just took that completly out of context.

My point was - There's nothing wrong with flickr the way it is - so why add more pointless updates? The OP is annoyed with flickr for not giving him a new play thing on it every few weeks.

I understand the thread was started because the OP was having trouble with images displaying on flickr. My post was directed at the post I quoted, hence why I quoted it... Please don't take my posts out of context again, thanks.

Personally I've had no problems with flickr lately. Working like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I have used Flickr for a year now (Pro Account) and have never had the slightest problem.

It's a picture hosting service, not a 'lets add updates for the craic' site. If you want that, bebo might be more down your alley...

Thats a bit dismissive. It was a beta service for a long time, since Yahoo took over there haven't been any updates (read: improvements) and it is broke, constantly having what they call... hiccups.

The OP is annoyed with flickr for not giving him a new play thing on it every few weeks.

Now whos taking out of context.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Ever since Yahoo took over I have had a lot of outage, compained about it on the help forums and was told the fault is on my end. Pain in the a**

I dont care about new things or this or that, I just want it to work. This new thing with Gettys images is another load of boll*x too.

In short; nothing new, just work

I really don't see any need for improvements. Works perfect for me. Has done since... I joined really. Sure it isn't a case of PEBKAC?

Re: Hiccups, every website has them, especially one with the volume of users flickr has.

Boards.ie has down-time every now and again, and its got at max, not even 4000 users online at once. Flickr has hundreds of thousands of people uploading images every minute, and so many more thousands more browsing other pictures at the same time. It's bound to run into a few hiccups.

Honestly, if you think you can do better, I suggest you go start your own image hosting site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,678 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I really don't see any need for improvements. Works perfect for me. Has done since... I joined really.

I'm with challengemaster on this one, I've never had many problems with it, maybe the very occasional unloaded image, and I'd use it quite a bit. Up until the point that they blocked it in work of course ... :mad:

Though yes, this getty thing IS a pile of crap ...
    I've got a couple of contacts who have gotten that email from the getty bot, and they're thrilled at the "privilege" of allowng getty to use their stuff. Sheesh.

Covey wrote: »
    Prepared for what?. War, takeover, hissy fit email .....

Humour?

http://img.123greetings.com/eventsnew/eaug_kissandmakeup/7046-001-13-1078.gif7046-001-13-1078.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

What's your point? you've just posted something where the users computer/browser was the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

About the Getty offer, anyone can just say NO if offered. I've only come across one person with an offer.

H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Right - I can see where this one is heading and I don't want to be going there with it.

I think its well concluded its purpose. OP - I hope the issue has been resolved for you.

Jeezzz folks - it's only flickr. Some people have had problems - some people haven't. Personally, I have had similar issues from time to time but I don't use it that much so it doesn't effect me generally. Life has to be more interesting people. Perhaps head out and take a picture. That would be good.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement