Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inter pub leagues

Options
  • 19-01-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭

anyone know is there any set up in the dublin area ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

lol, not that I know of, don't think there are any pub leagues in the country...

but...

more or less every chess club in Ireland is a drinking club with people that play chess

you might find some blitz (fast chess) nights on in pubs, but that's the most I can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

cheers m8

i set up a small league in the pub that i work in nothing big but has got off to a very good start just thought that there might be other pubs that had done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

you can advertise it here, no one will ban you I'm sure

where is it?

RoundTower wrote: »
    you can advertise it here, no one will ban you I'm sure

where is it?

its in the clonliffe house ballybough

8 players 2 groups of 4

play each other twice in a format of

3 games per match

1 pt win 1/2pt draw

then 1st group 1 vs 2nd group 2
    2nd group 1 vs 1st group 2
    best of 5
    then final best of 5

this game has begun but the boards (basic) are there to use anytime in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

cool idea, would be nice to see it catch on

There is Elm Mount chess club not far away from you who play in a venue with a bar (Ierne social club behind Tolka Park), they have several teams in the Leinster leagues so you might get a friendly game against one of their weaker teams.

• Advertisement

weaker teams lol ill have you know we have some not totaly usless players :D

very exciting end to this games too close to call

ive a nightmare of a semi which im playing tommorow (tuesday)

other semi is a coin flip 1-0 with black looking at squaring the match with positional advantage

been a great 6 weeks so far and the lads are really getting into it 16 down for the knockout to follow more with a bit of luck

if anyone is interested either pm or call me at 0879857600 for details on the next tournie

Advertisement