Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Indy mechs not always cheaper!!

Options
  • 15-01-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Got 3 quotes so far for my timing belt & pump change (if the wages dept. ever sends my effing P60 to Revenue so I can get my money back!!).

Anyhow

Main Dealer : €390
    Indy 1: €350
    Indy 2: €450:eek::eek:

The main dealer was giving a full service as well for €480:rolleyes:

Shop around people, shop around.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

ninty9er wrote: »
    Got 3 quotes so far for my timing belt & pump change (if the wages dept. ever sends my effing P60 to Revenue so I can get my money back!!).

Anyhow

Main Dealer : €390
    Indy 1: €350
    Indy 2: €450:eek::eek:

The main dealer was giving a full service as well for €480:rolleyes:

Shop around people, shop around.

Thats about Normal Depends on what car you have id get it done at a main dealer tbh you have comeback & with a service that seems a good price

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Whats the 'Pump' you mentioned? (fuel pump?), and is this a manditory part that needs servicing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,166 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hal1 wrote: »
    Whats the 'Pump' you mentioned? (fuel pump?), and is this a manditory part that needs servicing etc.

I presume that he is talking about the water pump when getting a qoute for a timing belt change. It is cheaper to get both replaced at the same time as they are located next to each other.

Advertisement