Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair 1 Million £1 Seats

Options
  • 13-01-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Yet another '1 Million £1 Seats' sale from Ryanair..

cday-GB.gif

PS - sorry if already posted.. too lazy to search!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fares include taxes & charges

Booking Period: Tue 13th Jan 09 - Mon 19th Jan 09
    Travel Period: Tue 27th Jan 09 - Thu 12th Mar 09
    Applicable Days: after 1200pm Mon / all day Tue & Wed / before 1200pm Thurs & after 1200pm Sat
    Subject To Availability
    Flight must be purchased: 14 Days (subject to availability) in advance
    Blackout Period: 12th Feb '09 - 23rd Feb '09 to/from Ireland/UK
    Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Feck, I booked flight to Berlin 2 days ago :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

£1 doesn't include CC charges I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

does that include taxes ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Yes there is no taxes. Not Sure about the credit card thing. Does anyone have a list of where ya can from Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

cormie wrote: »
    £1 doesn't include CC charges I guess?
    It's your own choice to book with a credit card, there are alternatives including at least two posts on boards explaining how to use a credit card to get 0.01 booking charges.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It's your own choice to book with a credit card, there are alternatives including at least two posts on boards explaining how to use a credit card to get 0.01 booking charges.

Haven't seen them, any chance of a link please? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Just booked my return flights from shannon to liverpool for the Everton arsenal game total cost 2 euro !!!! brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

CC charges can be avoided by using a Visa Electron card. If you don't have one you can get a virtual one from entropay.com - see here for more details:
    http://bargainsireland.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/avoid-the-credit-card-charge-when-booking-with-ryanair/

However bear in mind conversion rates & associated bank charges that go with using it - not going to be an issue with a dirt cheap flight but they do appear to stack up on dearer flights. 1 x EUR -> GBP conversion (to load funds onto the Entroppay card from a EUR CC) + 1 x GBP -> EUR conversion (using a GBP card to pay for flights/goods in EUR) + associated commissions/charges from the banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

what will happen if i use euro to pay on Visa Electron thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Haven't seen them, any chance of a link please? :)
    Should have posted the link alright :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055449731

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

wannabepr wrote: »
    Basically when signing up the entropay you need to choose that you want to use GBP as the currency for the card - if you choose EUR you'll apparently get a std Visa card rather than a Visa Electron and would therefore still have to pay the CC charges with Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

wannabepr wrote: »

If you're talking about Entropay, if you chose Euro for your account type while signing up, the card won't be recognised as Visa Electron, but regular Visa therefore incurring the charge.

Seriously lads massive thanks to all on this thread set up my entropay account saved me 20 euro on CC charges 2 of us off to liverpool now for 4 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

if i book from uk to dub, with entropay, do I create a euro account ?

in answering my own question above, no always set up the card as a GBP card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Sweeeeet. Cheers guys. Just text a tonne of mates to organise an impromtu one night session in liverpool. Bring on the formule 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

The Entropay card is really only best for the cheaper flights - like the €1-10 ones.

While I did save a bit on booking charges for 4 x €60 flights, overall what with the hassle of figuring our exchange rates between Euro and GBP, what money to transfer, etc and paying 4.5% comission, it's not really worth it.

For the €0.01 flights, it's a steal!! And it works. Better in my pocket than Ryanairs. I will defo be using this again.

Holly :- Where are you getting the exchange rates from ?

booked 4 tickets to liverpool myself for 2euro Each, however had to pay 10handling fee each...
    didnt you ??

• Advertisement

10handling fee, nope.

The flights were 10gbp one way tax inc and thats all I paid, did you uncheck all bags and make sure no insurance was added and checked your werent paying for priority ?

Total paid £20, return.

yep,

flights x 4 passengers amounted to 8Euro.
    no travel insurance.
    online check-in
    no luggage to check-in.

and at the end it shot up to 48. ive noticed this before - RAGE!

i used a Visa, does it depend om what type of card you use maybe!?

aloevera wrote: »
    yep,

flights x 4 passengers amounted to 8Euro.
    no travel insurance.
    online check-in
    no luggage to check-in.

and at the end it shot up to 48. ive noticed this before - RAGE!

i used a Visa, does it depend om what type of card you use maybe!?

Yes if you pay buy credit card you pay 5 euro per person per flight so it would have been 4 people X 5 = 20euro over then 20 euro for the flight back.

Thats what all the talk about an Entropay account in the thread is about read back through to posts above and set up one i did yesteraday ( it would have saved you 40 euro )

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Sweeeeet. Cheers guys. Just text a tonne of mates to organise an impromtu one night session in liverpool. Bring on the formule 1 :D

A good bet now is the Premier Inn in the city centre about 30 secs from matthews street. its 65 for a room but they have twin rooms so you could get 2 or 3 lads in there if 2 of them dont mind sharing a double bed !!!! Formule 1 is a bit out the savings you make there you ll spend on cabs.

just read back on all the entropay stuff and i feel sickned that we could saved 40 quid, but hey, learn from mistakes and all that jazz....

thanks OP !!!:D

do you need to use your credit card to issue the entropay card? my reason for getting one is to literally use it for booking flights so i wont have to be using my relatives all the time :eek:

sorry for the questions.......

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smithy1981

I'm trying to book tickets for prague but cant seem to get the deal. I'm booking them for the specified dates. Any ideas?

Edit: Read it wrong, no cheap flights to Prague :

aloevera, don't use entropay other than to book cheap flights with these kind of deals. If they charge 4.95% than anything over €100 per person each way will work out cheaper to buy using a normal credit card if my calculations are right.

If you don't want to be borrowing credit cards, you can get a mastercard debit card which can be used in place of a credit card anywhere a credit card is accepted pretty much. You can get this for free and with only €1 deposit fee regardless of how much you deposit, it works out much better than entropay for more expensive purchases. You can get this at www.wirecard.com. I haven't tried yet, but you SHOULD be able to deposit onto your entropay card, with a wirecard. There's a big thread about wirecard in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

A good bet now is the Premier Inn in the city centre about 30 secs from matthews street. its 65 for a room but they have twin rooms so you could get 2 or 3 lads in there if 2 of them dont mind sharing a double bed !!!! Formule 1 is a bit out the savings you make there you ll spend on cabs.

Cheers but we've stayed Fomule 1 before and it's grand. £33 per room and you can do 3 to a room as well. If it wasn't a big group I'd go premier inn but we'll prob get a mini bus if we need one (10 of us going at the minute).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

What did you lads enter for the Identification number? They give ya a few options, passport number, social number, Gov ID, Driving License number.

• Advertisement

aloevera, don't use entropay other than to book cheap flights with these kind of deals. If they charge 4.95% than anything over €100 per person each way will work out cheaper to buy using a normal credit card if my calculations are right.

If you don't want to be borrowing credit cards, you can get a mastercard debit card which can be used in place of a credit card anywhere a credit card is accepted pretty much. You can get this for free and with only €1 deposit fee regardless of how much you deposit, it works out much better than entropay for more expensive purchases. You can get this at www.wirecard.com. I haven't tried yet, but you SHOULD be able to deposit onto your entropay card, with a wirecard. There's a big thread about wirecard in this forum.

thanks for the advice cormie!!

agh i dont know what to do :

Entropay Vs Wirecard

what advice do other people have for me???

so with the wirecard, you basically apply online, its virtual too then yeh??and you deposit 1euro from your own bank a/c into it? and then say you want to book flights, you transfer money again from your bank a/c onto it?? sorry im little lost!??!?

Advertisement