Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs

Options
  • 29-12-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭

Review of The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs that I got a while back but only got to try them out at the range now.

They are neat and tidy and fold up into the head band to make for a small package when not in use. I found them very comfortable to wear without them becoming to tight on my head or over ears. A good slim design so it did not hit off the gun stock. On/Off/Volume switch is a neat thumbwheel design. It also had an input for MP3 player or radio.

When turned off and used as an ear defender they work very well in fact I found them better than the standard pair of ear defenders that I would usually wear at keeping out the noise.

When turned on I could hear small talk at the far end of the range so they amplified the sound very well. When a shot was fired they did exactly what they were designed to do and shut down the speakers so they acted as just an ear defender. And when I say “when a shot was fired” I was on the next bench from where a 308 with a muzzle break was being used and I was getting all the blast of the report.

Total cost to the door was €67 . I E-mailed them to get a shipping Coupon code to reduce the shipping costs.

I ordered from:
    http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/howard-leight-impact-sport-earmuff.html

Howard_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff.jpgHoward_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff_Folded.jpg

Text from the website
    • Noise reduction rating of 22db
    • Ambient sound amplification
    • Automatic noise blocking protection
    • Low profile earcup with cut out allows for full clearance of firearm stock
    • Padded headband adjusts for a secure, non-slip fit
    • Single volume control for on/off and volume.
    • External audio input allows you to connect to your own audio source
    • Battery life of up to 350 hours. Automatic shut-off after 4 hours
    • Includes 2 AAA batteries
    • Compact folding design for easy storage
    The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs have become very popular with shooters and hunters. Not only do they provide great hearing protection (rated at a noise reduction level of 22db) they employ built-in microphones to amplify ambient sounds. This enables the user to enjoy full, clear directional sound in stereo. Amplification is automatically shut off at 82db.

The Impact Sport is also designed to provide wearers with exceptional comfort. Its padded leatherette headband, low-profile design, and ultra slim earcup allows for long-term wear in the field or on the range. Now you'll be able to hear the traps fire at the shooting range, be able to talk with your friends and still experience comfortable hearing protection with the Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff!

Youtube video review of these ear defenders

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

looking for a ultra slim pair for stalking for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

There used to be padded partions you could put between the benches, that would help a lot, with the muzzle break situation, but I don't know where they went to as I had the same problem :mad: and my teeth were still aching a hour after I left the range. Good review and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Good recommendation Clive. Where did you get the coupon code from. Showing as invalid when I'm tying to order. Working out at $110.

K

clivej wrote: »

Total cost to the door was €67 using a Coupon code (hxkhot) to reduce the shipping costs.

I ordered from:
    http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/product/howard-leight-impact-sport-earmuff.html

Howard_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff.jpgHoward_Liegh_Impact_Earmuff_Folded.jpg

Text from the website
    • Noise reduction rating of 22db
    • Ambient sound amplification
    • Automatic noise blocking protection
    • Low profile earcup with cut out allows for full clearance of firearm stock
    • Padded headband adjusts for a secure, non-slip fit
    • Single volume control for on/off and volume.
    • External audio input allows you to connect to your own audio source
    • Battery life of up to 350 hours. Automatic shut-off after 4 hours
    • Includes 2 AAA batteries
    • Compact folding design for easy storage
    The Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuffs have become very popular with shooters and hunters. Not only do they provide great hearing protection (rated at a noise reduction level of 22db) they employ built-in microphones to amplify ambient sounds. This enables the user to enjoy full, clear directional sound in stereo. Amplification is automatically shut off at 82db.

The Impact Sport is also designed to provide wearers with exceptional comfort. Its padded leatherette headband, low-profile design, and ultra slim earcup allows for long-term wear in the field or on the range. Now you'll be able to hear the traps fire at the shooting range, be able to talk with your friends and still experience comfortable hearing protection with the Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff!

Youtube video review of these ear defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭clivej

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Good recommendation Clive. Where did you get the coupon code from. Showing as invalid when I'm tying to order. Working out at $110.

K
    Ok I didn't know that I just E-mail them this:

"Hi can you please tell me what the shipping would be on this item to Ireland. As
    cheap as possible

Peltor Tactical 6-S Electronic Headset
    SKU: PELMT15H67FB-01
    Manufacturer: Peltor Hearing Protection
    Product Number: MT15H67FB-01

Thanks Clive J "
    And they replied with a shipping code for me to use.
    Give them a try - I got a reply with the code in about 3 days. And it was via the US postal service and I didn't pay any import duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Great review. Much appreciated.
    I'm not sure on how its done, but could this be a runner for a group buy?
    I've seen it done on other site's, and surely this would be a popular item?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

You want to try to avoid the UPS shipping as it is expensive and they add 10 euros for the privilage of being charged vat ,so would workout about 100 euro alltogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭clivej

Traumadoc wrote: »
    You want to try to avoid the UPS shipping as it is expensive and they add 10 euros for the privilage of being charged vat ,so would workout about 100 euro alltogether.

As I said above I paid €67 for them TO MY DOOR - NO EXTRAS
    E-mail them for a code to reduce postage.

Advertisement