Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-12-2008, 22:00   #1
JohannM

Roberts WM201

Hi all

Does anyone has a Roberts WM201 internet radio? How do you find it? I am interested in buying an internet radio. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
10-12-2008, 07:29   #2
TRSJ

I have one. Best internet radio I have bought (if a little expensive). In fact I would say it's one of my top 10 purchases of all time. Great, I give it 99%. The only reason for not giving it 100% is that it does not have actual pre-set buttons on the unit itself (just on the remote).

The sound (bass and stereo separation) is better than most fm radios I have owned (depending on station stream of course). Listen to something like ipartyradio.com on the roberts and it is just wow!

BTW Roberts have another newer radio that has fm, dab and wi-fi all in one but I don't own one so I can't stand over it.
10-12-2008, 09:14   #3
JohannM

To tell you the truth I am also interested in the Revo IBlik WI-FI or the Revo Radiostation.

I am not sure if I want to spend more than €200 though.

I also read that DAB in Ireland is useless no? I am not very up-to-date with DAB though.

Need to read more on user experiences
10-12-2008, 10:25   #4
mike65
Closed Account

DAB is useless outside certain areas, basicly the Pale, Cork, Limerick have it.
27-12-2008, 23:20   #5
bugsyboy

Can you get the bbc stations? Just bought a roberts 202. Can get everything except bbc stations. Any special settings?
Cheers

paul
Advertisement
28-12-2008, 02:00   #6
bossdrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyboy View Post
Can you get the bbc stations? Just bought a roberts 202. Can get everything except bbc stations. Any special settings?
Cheers

paul
I have a roberts 202 aswell and all the bbc stations are very easy to find. Try searching by location.
28-12-2008, 09:05   #7
bugsyboy

Thanks for the reply. Can't get bbc any which way. Think it must be something with router setup firewalls etc. Did you change any router settings when you installed.?What router do you use, internet company?
Cheers
paul
28-12-2008, 09:18   #8
Tallspoon

Hi
I had an Acoustic Energy which died on me after 18 months. I just bought 2 x Logic100 radios for €45 a piece on ebay. These are entry level radios and can have a sensitivity issue due to the wifi dongle being inside the casing.
These radios can be modified very cheaply and simply. I bought an EDIMAX EW-7318USG Dongle which comes with a usb extension and now my wifi reception has improved hugely.
If you are considering an internet radio then the roberts is very pricey and I reckon that my cheap Logic100 is just as good although it does not come with DAB.

Fos pictures of the modification see link:
https://www.reciva.com/index.php?opt...6&limitstart=6

Anyway whatever you choose best of luck. You will never have to listen to Irish radio again!!!
28-12-2008, 18:19   #9
bossdrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyboy View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can't get bbc any which way. Think it must be something with router setup firewalls etc. Did you change any router settings when you installed.?What router do you use, internet company?
Cheers
paul
There was no setup required, it just picked up the wireless internet. I have a belkin router & BT. Try getting the stations through http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com and then you can access them through the favouites menu.
Advertisement
29-12-2008, 09:01   #10
bugsyboy

roberts radio bbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossdrum View Post
There was no setup required, it just picked up the wireless internet. I have a belkin router & BT. Try getting the stations through http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com and then you can access them through the favouites menu.
Thanks Bossdrum. Have tried the website and registered various stations as favourites. Only the BBC ones give the "network error" message. In my chats with Franner (of Boards) I am beginning to think it may be my router setup. Apparently if I could turn off the firewall at the router it might do the trick. Seems to be impossible to do this with a Linksys WRT54GS. I have a Zyxel 600 modem attached to the router. The guy in the Sony/Peats shop in Dun Laogahire said they had no complaints like this before and that he would ask one on fhe techy guys for a workaround. Hope to talk to him today. It's a comfort to know (from this discussion) that the Roberts 202 can definitely pick up BBC Radio in Ireland. Therefore the problem can only be with my router setup or my Internet provider Imagine. I also have philips modem router which if I have the balls will try to setup today. Don't know much about routers. But will give it a lash.

Humbled and amazed at the willinness to help there is here. Thanks
Paul
29-12-2008, 13:40   #11
JohannM

Roberts Sound 43/53

Hey guys

Thanks for all your replies.

I am between the Sound 43 and Sound 53. Can I find a retailer in Dublin, or do I have to order it online?
29-12-2008, 15:46   #12
Greenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannM View Post
I am between the Sound 43 and Sound 53.
Don't see wifi on these radio's. I stand corrected.
29-12-2008, 15:50   #13
JohannM

you are right

You are right!

I think i will go for the WM 202, although its a bit pricey
29-12-2008, 16:21   #14
Greenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannM View Post
I think i will go for the WM 202, although its a bit pricey

Come back and tell us how you get on.
30-12-2008, 23:30   #15
Phoenix3

I got a WM-202 under the tree.It is a cracker of a kit.Fast wireless connection,Excellent sound although no tone or bass/treble controls.

Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion