Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student discount from stores?

Options
  • 05-12-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any decent Student Discount being offered by stores?
    And is a valid Photo College ID card ok?

Here are some I know about:

5% off in GameStop - 10% off in Heatons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

10% discount in zavvi. You need a valid student card and you have to register in store. Only takes 5 mins though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

10% in topshop/topman , great for northern shoppers again. Adding further value.

also applicable for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks - this is good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

10% student discount in Heatons stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

10% in HMV (they'll give you their own student card when you show your normal one)

10% in Schuh

Most cinemas give a discount too.

EDIT: A handy list - http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/index.php?option=com_sobi&Itemid=323

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

10% off in Arnotts Jervis Centre branch for students. It's their new premises, lots of nice things there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

"New look" 10% off with valid student card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

10% off in Barrett shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Sarge wrote: »
    10% in topshop/topman , great for northern shoppers again. Adding further value.

also applicable for Ireland.

So if i show my student card up north i can get discounts? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Jello wrote: »
    you have to buy a stupid student travelcard for these though right? never saw the point in them....apart from ripping students off of course

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

adamski8 wrote: »
    you have to buy a stupid student travelcard for these though right? never saw the point in them....apart from ripping students off of course

well when you consider how muchyou save with them including the price of getting home I'd consider them worth it. I certainly saved a lot more than I spent with mine last year

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

There is always the micard (micard.ie). Its a student discount card. It's only €10. You would probably save that in the first transaction. Works in loads of places.

I have no connection to micard, but a friend of mine is involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 glowglitter

15% awear
    20% in most hairdressers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

IMC Dun Laoighaire (The cinema)

10% off I think, not sure...

What age can you get a student card? And when does it end?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

brian_rbk wrote: »
    10% discount in zavvi. You need a valid student card and you have to register in store. Only takes 5 mins though

HMV isnt it....

You have to buy a StudentTravelCard and then register for a HMV Student Card, but you can only do so in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Elvery's give 10% discount with valid student id. Even give 5% off sale items as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If you sign up to www.BusEireann.ie and give your student details, they'll email you a voucher for €10 off any bus ticket valid for the rest of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its now 15% in Schuh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

10% Arcadia- Topshop, Topman, Burton, Dorothy P, Miss Selfridge, Evans
    10% Office
    15% Schuh
    15% Barratts
    15% A-Wear
    10% Warehouse
    10% Faith
    10% Dune
    10% BT2
    10% French Connection
    10% Oasis

The student travelcard has 10% Boots and something fopr Peter Marks- I forget what it is.

The UCD and TCD Ents cards have 2 for 1 on Captain America meals Mon-Fri.

How is the travelcard 'stupid'. Makes it nice and handy to purchase a student ticket without confusion etc over colleges/expiry dates. My bus fare is €2.20, I make 14-16 bus journeys a week. With the €75 bus ticket I save €60 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

How is the travelcard 'stupid'. Makes it nice and handy to purchase a student ticket without confusion etc over colleges/expiry dates. My bus fare is €2.20, I make 14-16 bus journeys a week. With the €75 bus ticket I save €60 a month.
    Its very "stupid". The college name and expiry dates are written on regular student cards, its not that hard. You should be making that saving regardless of buying a travelcard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

do these offers apply for school student cards??

Advertisement