Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kingfisher dollymount

Options
  • 02-12-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has any info on the kingfisher on dollymount i.e good times to see it or best location and so on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

from

http://www.birdweb.net/bullisland.html
    The landward end to the north of the causeway often has a Kingfisher on the outlet of the Santry River. The outlet of another small river, the Naniken, just south of the causeway is also a congregation point for duck and waders.

The area within the ellipse.

bullisland-kingfisher-area.jpg

The river further up the pic I'm pretty sure it is on private property, but the lower one is just inside St Anne's Park, on the left after you go through the gate.

If you're lucky enough to get photos, pls post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭donalglackin

thanks very much i was down there yesterday and seen a kingfisher twice just where the river further up runs out. i noticed two perchs it was using so i might go down some day and set up a hide. ill post up any results i get. thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭donalglackin

still no luck. im back in college know so dont have as much time to spend there. i was down today for a good while and didnt see any sign of the kingfisher. usually i would see it around the river further up the picture but noticed i dont see it as often any more. just wondering would it be making a nest this time of year and thats why its not around as often or if theres any other reason for it not being about.

Advertisement