Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Warranty in Ireland - 2 years or 3 years? (Old thread)

• 25-11-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

In the UK, Skoda warranties are 3 years (up to 60,000 miles) while in Ireland Skoda warranties are only 2 years. If I bought a skoda in the UK and brought it back to Ireland would the warranty be 2 years or 3 years?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

It's an EU warranty, so it's valid here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Darsad

Normally the manufacturer supplies the original warranty in this case 2 years and then individual distributors apply them to their own markets with some offering an additional one year as an incentive as with Skoda UK I believe it is the same with Renault. It will depend on the relationship of the two distributors if the Irish distributor will honour the additional UK warranty as the first two years warranty will be submitted directly to and paid for by the factory but the third would have to be agreed and paid for by the UK distributor and this has caused problems in the past so it is not as simple as saying its a Eu warranty the first two years yes the third maybe !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ring Skoda Ireland to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Darsad wrote: »
    Normally the manufacturer supplies the original warranty in this case 2 years and then individual distributors apply them to their own markets with some offering an additional one year as an incentive as with Skoda UK I believe it is the same with Renault. It will depend on the relationship of the two distributors if the Irish distributor will honour the additional UK warranty as the first two years warranty will be submitted directly to and paid for by the factory but the third would have to be agreed and paid for by the UK distributor and this has caused problems in the past so it is not as simple as saying its a Eu warranty the first two years yes the third maybe !

+1.

At worst a UK warranty for a third year claim will be refused by an Irish Skoda Dealer. At best, you will have to pay for the repairs and then claim it back from Skoda UK. There may be a difference between the labour rate you paid the Irish Skoda dealer versus the rate that Skoda UK will pay out.

This warranty is offered by Skoda UK and not by the manufacturer and does not strictly apply in other markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bridie Cox

I have 2010 Skoda Yetti ..the electrics have gone and made me very nervous as the car slowed down of it's own accord on the motorway ..it did indicate that the glow plug was at fault but that was not the case...the central locking then went along with the electric windows ..when paying my toll fee I had to open the window ..then I was informed by the dashboard that my steering was faulty...I'm a nervous wreck..o bought this car on the basis of safety and reliability and I thought I wouldn't have problems as big as this...am I still covered by warranty .I bought it in Aptil 2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

We bought a new Octavia last year and I am pritty sure it is a 2 year warranty. Not really an issue as are car never causes any trouble anyway. Has never had to go in for warranty work. We have a 2005 Octavia which never gives trouble either. But to answer the question I think it is 2 years in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Skoda now have a 3 year warranty.Seems all VW group cars have also.

http://www.skoda.ie/owners/warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The warranty is well up since this thread was originally posted, whether it be 2 or 3 years. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bridie Cox wrote: »
    I have 2010 Skoda Yetti ..the electrics have gone and made me very nervous as the car slowed down of it's own accord on the motorway ..it did indicate that the glow plug was at fault but that was not the case...the central locking then went along with the electric windows ..when paying my toll fee I had to open the window ..then I was informed by the dashboard that my steering was faulty...I'm a nervous wreck..o bought this car on the basis of safety and reliability and I thought I wouldn't have problems as big as this...am I still covered by warranty .I bought it in Aptil 2010

Please don't dig up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement