Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% Off @ TheHut.com between 12pm and 2pm today (20/11)

Options
  • 20-11-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭

No minimum spend, 10% off for 2 hours today!

Use the code 'LUNCH10' - doesn't include computing and / or electronics!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

dammit. Was gonna get a Samsung NC10 but if it doesn't include Electronics/computing..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

quarryman wrote: »
    dammit. Was gonna get a Samsung NC10 but if it doesn't include Electronics/computing..
    Same as brother..! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Awesome, thankin you! I got paid today, I've had my eye on quite a few games and The Dark Knight on BluRay and then I see this. Everythings coming up Milhouse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Is it free delivery to Ireland?

Is it free delivery to Ireland?
    Yep..

Electronics cost 99p I think to ship, but everything else is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

basquille wrote: »
    Yep..

Electronics cost 99p I think to ship, but everything else is free.

Nope.

Just tried to buy a DVD.
    1 euro 25 to ship to Ireland.

mathie wrote: »
    Nope.

Just tried to buy a DVD.
    1 euro 25 to ship to Ireland.
    Odd... got free shipping with them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭golfball37

I bought a blu ray disc off them 2 weeks ago and it was free shipping. Have you tried paying in STG?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭endaob

Thanks for the tip, just picked up Band Of Brothers on Blu Ray for under €40. I was charged the 99p shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

golfball37 wrote: »
    I bought a blu ray disc off them 2 weeks ago and it was free shipping. Have you tried paying in STG?

Yeah tried that cheers.
    99p shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I noticed that at the weekend - I was charged shipping for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭digiman

On the 2 blu rays for £24, do you get the 10% take off that when you put in the code as it doesn't work for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

It was free shipping for ages. Was going to order a quite a few things, but when I factored in the shipping, I wasn't saving at all. I did howver order 2 bottles of perfume for £15,(minus £1.50 plus £1.98) I think its still a good bargain. Its the Kylie Minogue Sweet Darling Perfume. handy for christmas presents. Here's a link to the offer, not much left in stock though!

http://www.thehut.com/hut/thehut/perfume/perfume-offers/any-2-for-15-in-this-list.list

BTW- I think sendit.com is a sister company to thehut, the prices are similar and there is no shipping charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i just preordered the dark knight on bluray from them

with the 10% discount it came to £13.44, but i was indeed also charged £0.99 for delivery, so it came to £14.43

price on sendit.com for some reason is £16.89
    play.com is £14.99

tiny bit of a saving i suppose.. :rolleyes:

Ha.. thought I'd give the voucher code a go with the Samsung NC10 just before 2 there.

It accepted the voucher code and took £29.30 off my order..

Won't be honoured (due to it being Electronics) but worth a shot I suppose.

Code is still working by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

basquille wrote: »
    Ha.. thought I'd give the voucher code a go with the Samsung NC10 just before 2 there.

It accepted the voucher code and took £29.30 off my order..

Won't be honoured (due to it being Electronics) but worth a shot I suppose.

Says it wont work on consoles either, but i put in an order for a sick green DS lite. Seemed to take the money off. £88 sterling if it actually gets delivered.

Nothing ventured....

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

hi just looking at some stuff on the hut.com, prices appear in sterling but when you change it to display in Euro the current exchange rate is wrong. So will they charge me their exchange rate or the current one today if i order from them?

Cherers

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

coco06 wrote: »
    hi just looking at some stuff on the hut.com, prices appear in sterling but when you change it to display in Euro the current exchange rate is wrong. So will they charge me their exchange rate or the current one today if i order from them?

Cherers
    Order in sterling and you will be charged in sterling. That way you get the rate from your CC company, rather that their own exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Don't remember the €1.25 per item on my last order, oh well.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the link anyway basquille, picked up the Dukes 1-7 boxset for €54. I was thinking it was too good to be true that HMV have most of the series separately for €14.99 each.

• Advertisement

Voucher code now expired!

Well.. after ordering that Samsung NC10 in blue during this the other day, I was sure it'd be rejected immediately with an e-mail from them.

But the following just appeared on my Visa Card statement on AIB Internet Banking.. surely a good sign:

21-11-08 WWW.THEHUT.COM 318.35

Not too bad if it is honoured.. a saving of almost €100 on Dabs (and probably almost the same saving on Elara as Kin Mak mentioned the price going up by €30 when they get stock back in).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

BArra wrote: »
    i just preordered the dark knight on bluray from them

with the 10% discount it came to £13.44, but i was indeed also charged £0.99 for delivery, so it came to £14.43

price on sendit.com for some reason is £16.89
    play.com is £14.99

tiny bit of a saving i suppose.. :rolleyes:

Got an email saying me dark knight blu ray has been dispatched :)
    Release date on site id Dec 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

yah but we prob wont get it till the 9th at best! ppl who ordered from hmv got theirs dispatched earlier this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Keith C wrote: »
    Got an email saying me dark knight blu ray has been dispatched :)
    Release date on site id Dec 8th
    Likewise I got the email this morn.
    Must say I've had fast delivery times in the last couple of weeks. Stuff from Jersey taking 3-5 days. Even DX only taking 7 days and thats the free shipping from HK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

BArra wrote: »
    yah but we prob wont get it till the 9th at best! ppl who ordered from hmv got theirs dispatched earlier this week

Waiting for me when I got home today, exchange rate was £14.43 = €17.06 so its much better value to pay sterling on the hut.
    Quick shipping lately wonder is it to do with the delivery charge & using an express service??
    Anyone know how much bricks n mortor are chargeing for dark knight?

Advertisement