Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S 20% Extravaganza - Thursday Only

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

20% off:

All Homeware (except technology & furniture already on offer)
    All Wine
    All Flowers
    All Clothes
    All 3 for 2 Christmas shop (you get the 20% off on top of the 3 for 2)

This is in all their stores, and they are all opening later than normal, some up til midnight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

20% off:

All Homeware (except technology & furniture already on offer)
    All Wine
    All Flowers
    All Clothes
    All 3 for 2 Christmas shop (you get the 20% off on top of the 3 for 2)

This is in all their stores, and they are all opening later than normal, some up til midnight

10% off on wine already so it's 30%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you get 10% off when you buy 6 bottles, and then the 20%, making it 28% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Wonder is this in the UK as well - I am in London at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Will any of the Dublin city centre stores open early?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

johnfás wrote: »
    Wonder is this in the UK as well - I am in London at the mo.

yep it is - we had an email about an hour ago from my sis in law in Reading confirming this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Longerview

Will the 20% off in M&S include their boxes of biscuits (e.g. 2 boxes shortcake biscuits,now priced at 2 for e10) .Or do you think the food section , including mince pies etc will be excluded from offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Don't forget the 2 can dine for 12.50 deal will be on too in the food hall.

More info in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055385215&page=5

Longerview wrote: »
    Will the 20% off in M&S include their boxes of biscuits (e.g. 2 boxes shortcake biscuits,now priced at 2 for e10) .Or do you think the food section , including mince pies etc will be excluded from offer ?

as far as I know, none of the above are included

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

M&S Tallaght had great value in some mens suits today.
    Jacket was reduced from €90 to €45 and trousers reduced from €60 to €30 so suit was €75 with a further 20% off today cost me €60 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Does that mean there's 20% off the technology that's not already in any offer? They have some neat bedroom HDTV/DVD players...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Just back - bought 12 bottles of vino & just realalised the 20% wasn't taken off:mad:

They should sort it out if you bring back the receipt.

I've just double checked my receipt...and I've noticed, they even gave the 20% discount on the Government plastic bag levy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I read on the examiner's (or similar) front page (which I didn't buy 'cos of the stupidly long queue in Tesco Talbot St yet again) that today's 20% sale was a desperate attempt to clear stock.

Lots of interesting facts and figures in an online copy of the same article

Anyway, got a few 3-for-2 things reduced in homewares, the Dine for €12.50 deal wasn't reduced nor were the blueberries or mince pies but hey, the €10 saving more than made up for them :)

It is what it's.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

arnotts and debenhams are both having similar offers at the mo according to ads in papers. It people held out, the sales in mid to late december will be stunning value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cfriel2002

Given that most of the UK retailers are working off a ~ 1.45 exchange rate good to see them passing back some of the extra profits they've been making of us ....... what next ??? Will Next / Oasis et all.. start levelling their prices ???

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

mick_irl wrote: »
    They should sort it out if you bring back the receipt.

I've just double checked my receipt...and I've noticed, they even gave the 20% discount on the Government plastic bag levy!

Indeed they did - they chap on the check-out in Blanch was telling everybody - they were handing out free chocolates and samples of port upstairs. Looked at my receipt - two dinners for two (including two bottles of Spanish Cava) - some soup and a roll for my lunch and two boxes of biscuits for a tenner - total savings according to the receipt was €36.

Bought my self some clobber for the Christmas and something for the missus saved over €30.

At this rate the sales AFTER Christmas are going to be serious value !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Little A wrote: »
    Just back - bought 12 bottles of vino & just realalised the 20% wasn't taken off:mad:
    i'd say it actually was but just not listed as a separate discount. i bought a couple of bottles of wine last night that were listed on the shelf at 7.99 but the receipt had them at 6.39 whereas all the clothes i bought had the discount listed underneath. probably due to the fact that upstairs there was a general 20% discount applied but in the food hall it was only on wine. i wonder if you'd brought food upstairs to pay for would you have got 20% off up there???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I popped into M&S yesterday, has anyone else noticed that they have removed the UK prices on all items, usually there's a tearaway strip wit the uk price on it. It just add to the idea that we're getting totally ripped off with the exchange rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I didn't think wine was included in the 20% deal....I believe it was champers only.

I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

wine was definitely included, for some reason they listed champagne separately. i got manzanilla sherry (don't ask) and it was included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

I heard this might be on again today.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers
    M

There's nothing on their website about it...so I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

mathie wrote: »
    I heard this might be on again today.

Can anyone confirm?

Cheers
    M

I heard similar

it's all just rumour at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

heard yesterday it was going to be on december 4th

would go hand-in-hand with the also rumoured special christmas dine for 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm just back from the shops, was in M&S and didn't notice any specials
    apart from some discount on cases of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

I'd say there will be loads of offers from retailers as they experience the
    "Northern Run" over the next few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

would go hand-in-hand with the also rumoured special christmas dine for 2

I work for M&S and we were told the Dine for 2 that we had on last weekend is the last one til the New Year!!

• Advertisement

In$omniac wrote: »
    I work for M&S and we were told the Dine for 2 that we had on last weekend is the last one til the New Year!!

BOO!!!!

Advertisement