Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp laptop £399.95 - £12.99 postage to ireland

Options
  • 17-11-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

i came across this hp laptop and it seemed like a great deal to me so i said i'd share it with ye, i have no expierence buying from these guys so someone else may shoot me down in a blaze of glory !!

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149335

they are also 12.99 sterling delivery to ireland.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's actually quite a good laptop for the money (works out about €500). Good find dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

even tho price is in pounds, still not a a bad price.... it's a good buy. can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

As much as I try I cant seem to get an order through with eBuyer. I've tried their own payment service, googlecheckout and paypal. All resulted in a cancelling of my order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

As much as I try I cant seem to get an order through with eBuyer. I've tried their own payment service, googlecheckout and paypal. All resulted in a cancelling of my order

try calling them over the phone ??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

That's a good laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

jayteecork wrote: »
    That's a good laptop.

How good?
    Im at work and they have NetNanny and it does not alloy me to go onto that site!

Could someone put up the spec, please

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

askU wrote: »
    How good?
    Im at work and they have NetNanny and it does not alloy me to go onto that site!

Could someone put up the spec, please

Net Nanny blows.

Financially Smart. AMD Business Class solutions, WLAN options and an impressive combination of mobile office features make the newly designed HP Compaq 6735s Laptop PC an affordable productivity tool.

For your ease we have now included Microsoft Office 2007 on many of our new products (qualifying products will say "Office 2007 Ready" in the description).
    This is included as a 60 day or 25 uses trial* so that you can test and try out the software at your leisure.
    Having tested the software all you need to do to continue using Office 2007 is purchase one of the following license keys listed with our quick find codes:-

GE316T – HP Microsoft Office 2007 Basic quick find 127128
    GE317T – HP Microsoft Office 2007 PRO (MLK) quick find 128922
    GE318T – HP Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business quick find 128487

* If you no longer wish to use this software then it will automatically expire at the end of 60 days from startup or after the 25th usage.

Processor

* AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-60 1.9Ghz

Hard Drive

* Hard disk drive Serial ATA hard drive 250GB (5400 rpm)
    * Optical DVD rewriter LightScribe

Memory

* 4 GB DDR II, 667 MHz
    * Memory slots 1 SODIMM slot supporting dual channel memory
    * Memory upgrade Upgradeable to 4096 MB maximum

Portability

* Display features 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800 resolution)

Connectivity

* Wireless technologies Wireless 802.11a/b/g/
    * Fax/modem 56K modem
    * Network interface Intel Fast Ethernet Integrated Controller (10/100 NIC)

Expandability

* Expansion slot Slots available for additional devices: 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, Media Card reader slot (Secure Digital (SD)/MMC support)
    * I/O port 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, power connector, RJ-11, RJ-45

Software Operating System

* Operating system installed Genuine Windows Vista Premium

Pre-installed software

* HP Backup and Recovery Manager
    * Roxio Creator 9
    * Microsoft Office 2007 Ready (60 day / 25 uses free trial) Basic, Small Business or Professional edition

Software included

* HP Backup and Recovery Manager,
    * HP ProtectTools Security Manager,
    * Device Access Manager for HP ProtectTools,
    * HP Wireless Assistant,
    * Microsoft Office Ready with 60-day Office Professional 2007 Trial Edition (select models),
    * Roxio Creator 9 (for optional DVD+/-RW and DVD/CDRW drives),
    * Synaptics Touchpad Driver
    * McAfee Total Protection*

Graphic / audio

* ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3200 On Board
    * Graphic subsystem video card memory 01 Up to 384 MB DDR2 shared system memory
    * Internal audio High Definition Audio, mono speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in

Input Devices

* Keyboard Full-sized keyboard
    * Pointing device Touchpad with scroll zone

Warranty

* 1 year carry-in (pick-up and return in some countries (upgrades available, sold separately)) 1 year warranty on primary battery

Power

* Features 6-cell (47 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery

Security

* Management Kensington Lock slot

Miscellaneous

* Webcam and built in Mic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 docaoimh

Ok, just ordered this from Ebuyer. Been on the lookout for a laptop for a while so hopefully this fits the bill!

Ebuyer.com is shocking though for registering. I had to add a digit to my mobile number to pass validation, then it required a post code to auto complete my UK address with no option to change the country. I rang up and they told me to enter REP123 as the post code and when it wasn't recognised I was then able to enter my address but still the country was uneditable. When I put in my full address, including Ireland, it recognised on the next page that it was for a different country.

Some bad reviews online about their delivery. Expecting this on Monday but we'll see.

Thanks for the tip!

ok guys,

just ordered one of these myself, i had to call them up so i could register on their site, their web site is a bit finneky about your telephone number, it will only accept a number that is 11 digits long, just in case any of you get stck at that section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Ordered one for a friend also.Thanks OP.A bit of a nightmare trying to register/push the sale through though as site is clearly geared for UK market.

• Advertisement

my order also got rejected because i tried to get it delivered to a business address and payed with a visa card registered to my home address, had to call them again for them to tell me that, for my 1st order it has to be delivered to the same address as the card,

daftdave wrote: »
    my order also got rejected because i tried to get it delivered to a business address and payed with a visa card registered to my home address, had to call them again for them to tell me that, for my 1st order it has to be delivered to the same address as the card,

I got around that by paying through google checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

daftdave wrote: »
    ok guys,

just ordered one of these myself, i had to call them up so i could register on their site, their web site is a bit finneky about your telephone number, it will only accept a number that is 11 digits long, just in case any of you get stck at that section.

I tried even their own number - invalid area :D

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Good specs for the price.

The only thing putting me off ordering is that the CPU is a bit weak.

ebuyer is driving me mad,i registered and then put in rep123 like a previous poster said and it came up on the next page shipping to eire,so i put in my order and today i get back foreign card and my order cancelled,really frustrating,it says the credit card has to be a uk address

ebuyer is driving me mad,i registered and then put in rep123 like a previous poster said and it came up on the next page shipping to eire,so i put in my order and today i get back foreign card and my order cancelled,really frustrating,it says the credit card has to be a uk address

Yes, you have to pay with Google Checkout.

i found that out after having my card rejected twice - i had to check out with google checklout also

Just arrived! Great looking laptop, lovely matte finish. :)

It seems to install Vista and the applications from a partition on the hard drive when you first turn it on, so it takes a bit of time to set up initially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Another person frustrated with the rubbish site for registering and paying. Paid through Google Checkout. Google said Ebuyer cancelled the order, Ebuyer said Google cancelled the order as the credit card didn't pass fraudulent checks. I have to try again. Chances are it'll be cancelled again and I won't find out until I get home from work tomorrow. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Another person frustrated with the rubbish site for registering and paying. Paid through Google Checkout. Google said Ebuyer cancelled the order, Ebuyer said Google cancelled the order as the credit card didn't pass fraudulent checks. I have to try again. Chances are it'll be cancelled again and I won't find out until I get home from work tomorrow. :mad:

Just got this same problem today! I rang them up and they blame Google and on the Google checkout it says it was cancelled by eBuyer... They told me to buy and pay direct from them but when I try register they only allow UK addresses. Anyone know a way around this? I might just try calling their direct sales line...

I cancelled in the end and bought the Sony Viao for €400 off Dabs. Ebuyer is a joke of a site for Irish customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I cancelled in the end and bought the Sony Viao for €400 off Dabs. Ebuyer is a joke of a site for Irish customers.

I can't find this. Any links? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

The laptop that the OP was posting about is now out of stock. Ah well.

Edit: sorry for confusion its back up £379

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

The laptop that the OP was posting about is now out of stock. Ah well.

Edit: sorry for confusion its back up £379

Not anymore.

I can't find this. Any links? Cheers.
    Sorry I meant €500. With the money I'm spending on nights out these days it doesn't seem like a difference. ;)

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=5BQ0&fb=417&InMerch=1

anyone think this thread should be pointed out to ebuyer.com to highlight the difficulties that non-uk customers are having regarding the checkout area of their site ????

considering that we are getting better value to the sterling, it really would be in their interests to start looking at being also geared to the irish market and not making it so damn difficult to checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

With the Euro - Pound parity it would be great if it were easier to use the eBuyer site from Ireland. I am currently attempting the impossible also i.e buying a laptop from them. I've got past the 11 digit phone issue, past the rep123 issue and then a issue arose regarding my name. Seems if you are an O' something the site has a brain fart! Its only a problem when you pay by credit card and you have to put the name on the card down. Solution is to type O\' (I thought my surname looked strange before!). I have placed the order and am waiting for cancellation notice! I will persist ( failing in my character ) but it would put a lot of people off. Its a shame because there is some good stuff here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I am trying to buy some stuff from them also and I am facing the same problems. I called them and they said their system will only accept UK cards with UK addresses for the first purchase. The guy said I could try, but the system would eventually cancel the transaction. I tried Google Checkout and Paypal, but it just times out before getting to the confirmation page.
    I was giving up until I saw one of the posters here managed to buy with Google Checkout (Carbsy), so I will give it another go.
    I agree with the suggestion that we should bring this to ebuyers attention so they can see they might be loosing significant business.
    My only fear is that they might be looking at setting up a euro based site so they can join the rip-off club and screw it up for all including themselves.

Advertisement