Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair using 747's recent advertisement seen in the Canaries.

Options
  • 03-11-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

Picture of a 747 in a Ryanair cartoon seen in a recent advertisement at a waiting lobby in Las Palmos Airport in the Canaries. Normally Ryanair are quite adamant to depict their Boeing 737 800's in any advertisement caption.

Could this be an insight into the future? Or is it something lashed together by some junior graphic artist with the first clip art he could find. Maybe we could see a reappearance of this almost extinct aircraft back in Dublin Airport if O Leary intends taking up transatlantic routes.

If O Leary intends to purchase an aircraft he will probably do it on the same lines as he is doing at the moment, ie purchasing the same make and model. I couldn't imagine him with several models, ie MD 11's 747's A380ies etc, It would be a nightmare for him, pilot training, spares etc. If he was to buy a fleet from a troubled airline all the aircraft would want to be the same.

Maybe he can pull another fast one with Airbus like what he did with Boeing :)
    The climate is right for approaching them.

ryanair747.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Looks more like a lazy graphic artist than a change of Ryanair polices. Doesn't look like standard ryanair font or styles at all.

Plus I would think if Ryanair take on the Atlantic it will be with a fleet of boeings most likely 757s or 767s i.e. eos, silverjet, etc and not Jumbos. I cant see Ryanair making the killing in business that they expect, would you pay 5k to fly with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Looks more like a lazy graphic artist than a change of Ryanair polices. Doesn't look like standard ryanair font or styles at all.

Plus I would think if Ryanair take on the Atlantic it will be with a fleet of boeings most likely 757s or 767s i.e. eos, silverjet, etc and not Jumbos. I cant see Ryanair making the killing in business that they expect, would you pay 5k to fly with them?
    Boeing 757's would be hell on that route, they don't have the breathing space for a decent business/1st class section as one would find on the wide bodied jets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The 757 production line was closed a few years ago, if FR do get '57s they will be second hand. Hopefully they buy new 767-200 or 300 series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

The 757 production line was closed a few years ago, if FR do get '57s they will be second hand. Hopefully they buy new 767-200 or 300 series.

I cant see O'Leary shelling out for new planes, I reckon he'll buy off airlines that have gone into liquidation- Didn't XL have a few 767's?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sean9015

noblestee wrote: »
    I cant see O'Leary shelling out for new planes, I reckon he'll buy off airlines that have gone into liquidation- Didn't XL have a few 767's?

Eh? No Ryanair plane has been second hand for some years. If the downturn continues, I can see him pulling a similar stunt as the 737-800s, where he famously said he "ra*ed" Boeing. New planes are also more economical to fly.

The only way I can see second-hand planes being used is if he does get his hands on Aer Lingus.

S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

75's are like gold-dust at the moment. They will not get them cheap.

Advertisement