Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in westport - Accomodation

Options
  • 03-11-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Heading to Westport at the end of november for a stag. Looking to get accomodation for about 30 lads for one night - any suggestions?

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Clew Bay, Westport Inn, and Wyatt ( in alphabetical order ) are in the centre of the town and close to the popular pubs. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

just returned from one there
    old mill hostel james street, 17 a head cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

The old mill is sound to get the head down for the night, stayed there a few weeks ago. Kick out time is ten the next morning though so you will barely hit the pillow unless you book for 2 nights that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

was down there 4 a stag a few months back .stayed in the castlecourt it was grand and they had no problem with a stag staying there was 46 of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

If you want, I can put you in touch with The Helm, they have a few self service apartments at the back of the bar/restaraunt, out at the Quay. I'll out in a word for ye and get a few euro off if ye like it.

Other than that Hotel Westport, and Mill Times Hotel I would put my personal recommendation towards. If you're planning on going to the nightclub, then stay in either castlecourt or plaza hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

If you want, I can put you in touch with The Helm, they have a few self service apartments at the back of the bar/restaraunt, out at the Quay. I'll out in a word for ye and get a few euro off if ye like it.

Actually thinking about it, renting a couple of apartments is the way to go for a hen/stag. Went to a hen last year where we got apartments. We had 3 in a row and have used the middle one as a communal area. Its also nice to have a place to party after the club rather than hotel/hostel rooms etc. Those who arent up for divillment afterwards could get their own accommodation nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thefin69

thinkin of havin my stag in westport how did you get on is it a good spot where did you end up stayin

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

I hear that a lot of the B&Bs in Westport will not take stag parties.
    There is a self catering called Harbour Mill which is popular and you can come and go as you like.
    It is like a boutique style hotel but called self catering for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I hear that a lot of the B&Bs in Westport will not take stag parties.
    There is a self catering called Harbour Mill which is popular and you can come and go as you like.
    It is like a boutique style hotel but called self catering for some reason.
    They'll all take stag's during the winter. It's only when they're busy and there's older, quieter guests booked in that they dont want them to be disturbed or else they dont have the room to fit everyone.

Harbour Mill is a nice place too. Great view and the staff are lovely in there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

This is the Harbour Mill website - http://www.theharbourmill.com/

The special offers look ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement