Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

25-10-2008, 12:36   #1
donnaille

kildeal.ie is it a joke

Is http://www.kildeal.ie/ legitimate, their own site even seems to be a template and is unfinished. Just noticed they designed the site stuff4sale.ie and can't believe people are actually paying this company money for the unfinished templated sites they are churning??!
Advertisement
25-10-2008, 13:50   #2
jhegarty

I especially like the sound effects, and the way they used images for the lots of the text...
25-10-2008, 14:05   #3
AARRRGH

It looks like they use templates for all their customer sites (nothing wrong with that in my opinion.)

Fair play to them if they are making money.
25-10-2008, 16:26   #4
Bluefrog

Send a message via Yahoo to Bluefrog Send a message via Skype™ to Bluefrog
Your link will probably help their SEO effort somewhat. I look forward to working for many of their disillusioned clients
25-10-2008, 16:34   #5
jhegarty

On the left where is says "Register your website www.yourdomain .ie" ... is that spell checker underlining ?
Advertisement
25-10-2008, 18:07   #6
Solarpitch

There web design portfolio looks like a screen shot of the "search templates" page of template monster.

Dont agree with design companies using purchased templates like that. Makes it difficult to offer any extensive design and feature changes for the customer.

25-10-2008, 18:16   #7
EKRIUQ

Wouldn't be a big lover of there sound effects but at €395 their obviously getting work so I'm sure there not worried.

Each to their own
25-10-2008, 22:20   #8
daymobrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarpitch View Post
There web design portfolio looks like a screen shot of the "search templates" page of template monster.
The Ecooffice.ie website is template 19908 - though it does have some code modifications.
The strange thing is that the thumbnail on the Kildeal site is of the unmodified template!!
25-10-2008, 22:46   #9
Solarpitch

Same with the Colemans of Sandyford ... they have the tumbnail before it was modified. It's a bike store template in the tumb.
Advertisement
26-10-2008, 12:21   #10
donnaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namesco View Post
Wouldn't be a big lover of there sound effects but at €395 their obviously getting work so I'm sure there not worried.

Each to their own
Thats true, it's just their homepage seems so unfinished with broken links everywhere, I find it hard to believe how people go for this service.
26-10-2008, 14:44   #11
information

They run a business to make money not win web design awards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaille View Post
I find it hard to believe how people go for this service.
They obviously have done more market research than you and know the needs and wants of their target market and have created a company to meet the demand.
Basic brochure site for €395 they will get a lot of customers.

Business is about giving the customer what they want, not what you think they should have.
You think you are a better web designer than then, I'll take your word for it, but do you think you make more money than them ?

I think your original post attacking them was unprofessional, if they are no match for your superior skills why are you even bothered about them.
26-10-2008, 15:16   #12
donnaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by information View Post
They run a business to make money not win web design awards.

They obviously have done more market research than you and know the needs and wants of their target market and have created a company to meet the demand.
Basic brochure site for €395 they will get a lot of customers.

Business is about giving the customer what they want, not what you think they should have.
You think you are a better web designer than then, I'll take your word for it, but do you think you make more money than them ?

I think your original post attacking them was unprofessional, if they are no match for your superior skills why are you even bothered about them.
Wasn't meant as an attack, merely my point of view and an opening of discussion, I don't mean to offend anyone.
By your rules, should I take your post as an attack on me so.........
26-10-2008, 18:44   #13
Webmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Information
I could not disagree more - Business in General may be like this, but not in the world of software and web sites. Since when is the customer the expert. Since when is it the norm for a customer to understand what their own requirements are? Customers will present their objectives of a site but not in any great details. Its up to you to help them along and give them what you think best suits them. After all we are the ones working in this field and *should* know what they require.

Software Engineering would suggest we treat customers as dumb and present them with ideas/prototypes or elaborations on what ideas they have - The typical website customer isn't technically minded. What do they know about Technologies, SEO, Accessibility, CMS, UI Design, Maintainability etc.

Giving sites like this for that price may seem attractive to the customer initially but maintainability costs will be far beyond that in the longer run, rather than getting it correct at the begining.

I think it is down right wrong for a company to be making money like that by tricking customers into thinking they getting a good deal. Almost all customers will think the templates were designed by that company, but instead they just templates baught and resold at a much larger cost. The work involved adding text to a template is hardly much work.

Simple as this if KilDeal Creations is using templates as their designs, then they are not doing "Web Design" as they claim. They taking shortcuts and making money because the customer doesn't know any better. Their own site leaves a lot to be desired and that use of flash for the whole top section of their site isn't very professional at all. And sound effects are way 1990s.

Their own site uses font tags, inline styles. The styles arn't even named correctly. Style 1 - style 8. Nothing seems to be aligned correctly. It is pure lazyness and disgusts me as I've put years of practice into design and building proper sites. Just because they are making money out of it, doesn't make it okay.
(3) thanks from:
27-10-2008, 10:26   #14
cgarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmonkey View Post
Software Engineering would suggest we treat customers as dumb and present them with ideas/prototypes or elaborations on what ideas they have
Can I ask where you learnt that?
27-10-2008, 10:40   #15
Webmonkey

Dumb was a bit of a strong word to use but my point is that a lot of customers don't know their own requirements. They usually supply an ambigious set of requirements and its up to the developer then to go into the details of what they actually want.
Thread Closed