Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas starts here....30% OFF confectionery and sweets

Options
  • 05-10-2008 11:55am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This marks the start of the christmas offers. Tesco have 30% OFF at the till on all confectionery and sweets starting from tomorrow.

Note this isn't money Back on your clubcard its an instant reduction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

vz7lmp.jpg

Nice, but they're actually advertising it as Christmas... sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

even after the 30 % reduction the price of this stuff is STILL more expensive than in Tesco shops in UK (where the items are not discounted)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

like they'd last till xmas in my house!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

How much do you need to buy before it becomes cheaper to go to Newry?
    My own guesstimate says 4Kgs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

and the greater range in tesco uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

And that fact that VAT is 4% lower in the UK combined with the minimum wage being 30% lower. Whilst there is an element of rip off republic there is also objective reasons why doing business in the UK is alot cheaper. Runaway wages out of kilter with the rest of the developed world will be half our problem over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Slightly OT but we've taken in the first stock of selection boxes in work. Christmas (unfortunately) starts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Where's the Halloween offers, Christmas gets earlier and earlier every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

I am conducting price changes for a competitor retailer today and i was specifically told to target tesco today.
    Just from a brief look they also seem to have 25% off on a lot of wines

Yay i get to check 470+ different price changes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I am conducting price changes for a competitor retailer today and i was specifically told to target tesco today.
    Just from a brief look they also seem to have 25% off on a lot of wines

Yay i get to check 470+ different price changes :(
    What have Dunnes got to offer then :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

When are lidl going to start selling hairbo rip offs in 25kg potato sacks, thats what I want to know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

like they'd last till xmas in my house!!!!!

exactly

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

slave1 wrote: »
    exactly

DITTO!!!:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

says the guy who succumbed to a tin of roses for €7 last night.....tummy not well....:(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

False economy. I know my mother and many other women fall for these specials in october/november and end up eating them before xmas and end up regretting it and desperately trying to burn off the calories before xmas and in january

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Looks like this offers are going to continue till Dec. Supervalu are now doing the offer, 30% off.

Cadbury Roses 1kg
    Cadbury Heroes 1kg
    Quality Street 1.2kg
    Celebrations 1kg

ALL were €9.99 and are Now €6.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

False economy. I know my mother and many other women fall for these specials in october/november and end up eating them before xmas and end up regretting it and desperately trying to burn off the calories before xmas and in january

My thoughts exactly. Saying that I did buy a couple of tins of biscuits and the Milka tea cakes!!! From €4 to €2.80 for 24 I had to!!! Just have to hide them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

Eurospar sell the 1kg tins of roses for 5.99 and all the rest like dunnes and tesco are selling them 2 for 15euro, absolute bargain I think so I bought 3, can anyone tell me is doing all your grocery shopping up north in the likes of ASDA cheaper by much?? I usually just go up every couple of months and buy some of the things our rip off supermarkets dont sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

tescos disgust me, actively encouraging obesity like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Aldee84

Meow

• Advertisement
Advertisement