Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for two

Options
  • 24-09-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

this offer takes place every second week till to Christmas in M&S.
    it starts on thursday 25/09/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

woo hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Its an amazing deal. I asked one of the people working in Marks and Sparks to point out what was in the deal and she told me that one of the main courses (saltimboca) was normally 10 yoyos on it own, so you are getting two deserts, salad and a bottle of wine for 2.5 euros ?!?!? :eek: Hard to go wrong.
    OTOH I havent eaten any of it yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah got this the last time and was absolutely amazed at what you got for €12. Although being the big strapping man that I am I bought another separate dish to have as a starter because I would've still been hungry after just the mains and dessert. The Pinot Grigio last time was really really nice.

Must check it out tonight. Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

I keep missing this.

This time - definitely getting it!

Thanks OP

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Its an amazing deal. I asked one of the people working in Marks and Sparks to point out what was in the deal and she told me that one of the main courses (saltimboca) was normally 10 yoyos on it own, so you are getting two deserts, salad and a bottle of wine for 2.5 euros ?!?!? :eek: Hard to go wrong.
    OTOH I havent eaten any of it yet ;)

It's actually 10.49 normally ;)

Savage deal.
    Just stocked up there.

Thanks OP :)
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Just back from Dundrum. The range is not great for the mains but might be better in other stores.

The mains seem to be Pizza, Lasagne, King Prawn Linguini, Sausage Pasta Bake and some chicken with cheese dish. Def no whole chickens this time round.

Sides were baby spuds, two leaf based salads and ceasar style veg.

Good selection of deserts, melting choc, tiramisu, bramley apple, etc

One point on the real cost vs the deal it appears that a lot of the mains are specially labelled as 'dine for two' so while there full price is stated they appear to be packaged specifically for the deal.

Also for those hitting Dundrum, the red wine is only on one of the stands all other stands have the white and the sparkling rose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What are the choices this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

kenco wrote: »
    Just back from Dundrum. The range is not great for the mains but might be better in other stores.

The mains seem to be Pizza, Lasagne, King Prawn Linguini, Sausage Pasta Bake and some chicken with cheese dish. Def no whole chickens this time round.

Sides were baby spuds, two leaf based salads and ceasar style veg.

Good selection of deserts, melting choc, tiramisu, bramley apple, etc

One point on the real cost vs the deal it appears that a lot of the mains are specially labelled as 'dine for two' so while there full price is stated they appear to be packaged specifically for the deal.

Also for those hitting Dundrum, the red wine is only on one of the stands all other stands have the white and the sparkling rose

Picked up some of these in Blanchardstown at lunchtime - all that was left was about 5 packs of the chicken, two of the sausage dish some of the prawn linguini and any amount of pizza. The website this morning listed a beef dish and two chicken dishes but like all of these things they were probably for the UK unless they got stuck on the ferry coming over and will arrive to-morrow. Not bad value though - the two bottles of wine alone would have cost €14:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

josh59 wrote: »
    Picked up some of these in Blanchardstown at lunchtime - all that was left was about 5 packs of the chicken, two of the sausage dish some of the prawn linguini and any amount of pizza. The website this morning listed a beef dish and two chicken dishes but like all of these things they were probably for the UK unless they got stuck on the ferry coming over and will arrive to-morrow. Not bad value though - the two bottles of wine alone would have cost €14:)

In Dundrum the shelves were being stocked as I was there (early afternoon) either it was flying off the shelves or the deliveries were just in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

On grafton street, there was definitely a beef dish and a couple of chicken dishes too.

We picked up the lasagne, the salad, 2 strawberry tarts (which look great!) and a bottle of Rose

I wouldn't be stocking up on them but definitely a nice little one off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Beef diesh is amazing, had it for dinner tonight!

Beef diesh is amazing, had it for dinner tonight!

Went through my receipt last night - bought two of them and the total cost on the receipt before savings was €45.62 - so a saving of €20.62. I would have saved another two euro if I had bought two bottles of the red instead of one red and one white - the pinot grigio is 5.99 full price and the red I got is 7.99.

The four of us walloped into the profiteroles last night for desert yum - put the sausage dish and the apple pies into the freezer - chicken and caesar veggies tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

kenco wrote: »

all the components should have that sticker, they did the last time. It's to help people get the right things, I picked up a caesar salad that was wrongly put in the section during the last promotion and had to go back the next day as I had been charged full price for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Don't post this, please, I cannot fit into my jeans anymore!!! :pac:

Hmmmm, chicken....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Was in Grafton St branch today and most of this offer was sold out...apart from the deserts, which wasn't much use.

In fact, all the shelves were pretty much bare...so I came home empty handed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

dont worry!you still have a chance to get them tomorrow!:D
    it will be back again in every second week till christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Was in M&S on Grafton St at around 1pm, and there wasn't much left.

Picked up the Lasagne which is very tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭gilbert

ThOnda wrote: »
    Don't post this, please, I cannot fit into my jeans anymore!!! :pac:

Hmmmm, chicken....
    then stop eating and start visiting the gym,:D (it's a joke:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Anyone know if this is currently on this week?

Wouldn't mind picking up some ready meals today.. I'm lazy and hungry! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Usually only Thursday to Sunday for the "Dine for 2".

Although they always have ready made meals

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Usually only Thursday to Sunday for the "Dine for 2".

Although they always have ready made meals

There's post somewhere on this thread which suggests that the dine for two offer is every 2nd Thurs to Sunday until Christmas - so I reckon its on again this coming weekend......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

I see (some) Centra(s) doing a dinner for 2 for €10. Can't imagine it's as tasty as M&S but just in case anybody is interested in checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All,
    This offer is on this coming weekend.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i suppose it will on next thursday - sunday?this time i am gonna get some serious food :Di am always do my week shopping at M&S but i always miss it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

In GB anyways.... but usually have it in tandem here.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/84381031/ref=sc_fe_c_6_82867031_1/203-2524104-4339930

Just read the small print and "A selection of these products will be available in all participating stores in the UK, Eire and Channel Islands."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's back on this weekend folks!!

Thurs - Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Choose from…

Main for Two

Cook! Chicken & Norfolk Cider Sauce

British Beef Casserole with Dumplings

Ready to roast Turkey (serves 3)

Seabass Fillets

Whole Chicken

Vegetable Moussaka

Accompaniments

Roast Potatoes

Traditional Vegetables for Roasting

Chantenay Carrot Roasting Pack

Winter Veg Medley - Carrot/Cauliflower/Sprouts

Red Cabbage

Ultimate Mash

Desserts

Hot Chocolate Fudge Pudding

Eves Pudding Twin pack

Rice Pudding Twinpack

Sticky Toffee Pudding Twin pack

Blackberry &Apple Twinpack

Mango or Berry Jelly terrine

Classic Fruit Salad

Wine

Pinot Grigio IGT white

Clear Lake Cabernet Sauvignon

Clear Lake Chardonnay

Pheasant Gully Cabernet Merlot

Pheasant Gully Chardonnay Semillon

Paladin Tempranillo

Paladin Verdejo

Vino Frizzante Chardonnay Rose

Frascati Superiore

Baglio Nero d'Avola Red

Valencia Orange Juice twinpack

* Offer applies Thursday 9th to Sunday 12th October 2008. Subject to availability. See instore for details. Excludes M&S Simply Food BP Connect Stores, M&S stores at railways, service stations and airports. A selection of these products will be available in all participating stores in the UK, Eire and Channel Islands.

....................................................................................................
    Can any wine buffs out there recommend one of the wines on the list? Don't drink it myself but wanna give it to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Pinot Grigio IGT white

Pheasant Gully Cabernet Merlot

Pheasant Gully Chardonnay Semillon

....................................................................................................
    Can any wine buffs out there recommend one of the wines on the list? Don't drink it myself but wanna give it to a friend.
    They'd be the 3 that I'd choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Thanks for the reminder about this, i got a few things in dundrum this morning,the chicken on its own is €13 and 1 of the wines i got was €9 so its well worth getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

went to grafton branch there is plenty of them ,i got :

Mains
    British Beef Casserole with Dumplings
    Ready to roast Turkey (serves 3)

Side dish:
    Roast Potatoes
    Traditional Vegetables for Roasting

Dessert:
    Mango or Berry Jelly terrine
    Eves Pudding Twin pack