Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition for Win a free 5 page website completed in 60 minutes from Omniserve.ie

Options
  • 25-08-2008 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭

Thought some of you guys might be interested in this competition from www.omniserve.ie -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055363292
    We are offering 1 free website to Boards readers of this forum. To win this website on this coming Friday (29th August) we will select the best slogan posted to this thread that starts with

“Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because …………”

The free website includes:

1. Domain registration of an extension of your choice.
    2. Hosting of your email and website.
    3. Distillation of your requirements and any unique content you want to
    provide using our intelligent "Collecting Your Input" online form.
    4. Organising of your content into a format for the site build.
    5. Basic optimization of your site focusing on your name, business you
    are in and geographical location.
    5. An online meeting with one of our staff where you are taken through the
    build of your site and trained in how to make changes and use the CM4all
    control panel to do this.
    6. Shown how to use features such as blogs that can get you more business
    (here's an example of a client making good use of this to get more gigs for
    their band: http://www.blackwaterband.ie/5930.html ).
    7. Free entry of your new site in our blog which, thanks to being indexed
    every couple of minutes by Google, ensures that your business name and
    primary product area appears in Google organic results very quickly. This
    free post also includes a link to your site and we have tracked
    that click throughs to completed websites from our blog have occurred within minutes of the post being indexed.

All entries on the other thread for convenience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Omniserve

Thanks Vexorg.

Due to the difficult economic times and the changing way people search for new services(ie via Google rather than traditional methods) small businesses need every help they can get in getting new business from the web. Our objective is to try and get as many small Irish businesses as possible live on the web in the shortest possible time.

We are offering 2 free websites for the best reply to the slogan, one for readers of the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum and one for readers of the Web Development & Design forum.

I am happy to answer any questions relevant to our competition or the new Omniserve offering.

Regards Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

*sits on hands to avoid getting banned*

I.....can't.........do.....it .......captain.......she's......gonny.....blow.....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

"Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because a customer you didn't see coming is a customer you don't see going!"

Can I enter again if I think of another one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because ………… with a website you get a world wide web site audience 24/7.

• Advertisement

Namesco wrote: »
    "Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because a customer you didn't see coming is a customer you don't see going!"

Can I enter again if I think of another one:)

Yes, certainly.

Seeing as a lot of people in the Irish internet community were interested in how this worked we put up an information page here on it:

http://omniserve.digiweb.ie/testimonials.html Just click on the "How It Works" button under the Google image on the right hand side.

Regards Eoin

We will be closing the competition at 12 noon tomorrow and announcing the winner later that day.

Good luck everyone!

Eoin

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because its your new shop window with open doors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mr_me

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever as the internet allows you reach a far greater target audience than other media forms, while minimising costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mr_me

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because the target audience can interact with your website (from page to page), whereas with all other media, they are passive spectators

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because having a website enables you to do business both on the domestic and international market.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because ....He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow.(Ovid)

Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because without information you can't be the talk of the nation!

We've spent the last 1/2 hour going through all the entries and enjoyed reading many of them.

However when it came down to deciding we felt that we should pick the one that is best without any re-writing.

And the winner is.....

“Irish small businesses need a website now more than ever because if you're not Online then your Business wont shine!"

The Scientist

I am PMing the winner with the details we need from you. Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks Everyone for entering!

Regards Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

That’s ****ing bollocks, I so mad, devastated, on the verge of tears, how could you do this to me? What have you against me, I’m a nice person.

Well that’s it, I’m finished wilth you! never again, It’s me not you bla, bla, bla,

Congratulations to The Scienfixet Scientist.

Can we have another contest next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Identical thread in the Web Design & Dev forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hmmm, according to the omniserve website, this website was "18 minutes of the site going live"...

Currently unaccessible:

http://www.annsummersathome.com/

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Hmmm, according to the omniserve website, this website was "18 minutes of the site going live"...

Currently unaccessible:

http://www.annsummersathome.com/

Hi Darragh,

Please see http://www.annsummersathome.ie/ for the live site. Our customer changed their mind about the domain extension that the wanted auth for the live site a while after the .com version referred to on that page had gone live. The customer also specified that they did not want the .com to redirect for their own personal reasons.

Thanks for pointing that out, we will correct the URL on that page.

Regards Eoin

• Advertisement

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Identical thread in the Web Design & Dev forum.

Yes, we were running the competition in 2 forums.

Regards Eoin

Namesco wrote: »
    That’s ****ing bollocks, I so mad, devastated, on the verge of tears, how could you do this to me? What have you against me, I’m a nice person.

Well that’s it, I’m finished wilth you! never again, It’s me not you bla, bla, bla,

Congratulations to The Scienfixet Scientist.

Can we have another contest next week?

Glad to see you are taking it so well :) We will definitely run the competition again further down the line.

Eoin

Advertisement