Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 weeks no log book

Options
  • 21-08-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

hey guys
    bought a car off these guys and still havent got the log book 6 weeks later
    i ring them daily
    i have informed the garda
    i have rang the tax office and they say its still in the old oweners name

please help
    what can i do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Have they given a reason why they havent sent the log book off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tom1979

it got lost in the post is the latest #
    now they just get abusive on the phone
    so tomorrow il be telling them il be outside there gate in my car so no 1 can get in or out telling ppl the lovely costumer service they have

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think you can get a new one from the VRO in shannon. Same as if you losi it. Make them pay of course! Think it's 12 euro.

i would have to track down the old owener to get a new log book and the cops say i would not be able to get that info with out a lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

PM sent! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Saw a car that I am interested in buying from these guys.Anybody good or bad experiences?

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat/2.0-T.D.I/950186/

Thanks

make sure you get the logbook
    thats all i can say

i work in wholesale and my company supply a lot of garages
    my advice go to annesley motors vw dealer northside
    or take a trip to naas and visit sheehy motors they wont see you wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Moanin wrote: »
    Saw a car that I am interested in buying from these guys.Anybody good or bad experiences?

Thanks

That is not a Highline model as advertised. The Highline model has half leather seats and other toys. That model doesn't, it's the lesser spec Comfortline.

bazz26 wrote: »
    That is not a Highline model as advertised. The Highline model has half leather seats and other toys. That model doesn't, it's the lesser spec Comfortline.

I noticed that alright. I phoned them enquiring about the car and mentioned it to the sales guy, but he just said they would correct it. The car has full VW Service history. I know the miles are a little on the high side but it wouldn't bother me if it has a clean service history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I noticed that alright. I phoned them enquiring about the car and mentioned it to the sales guy, but he just said they would correct it. The car has full VW Service history. I know the miles are a little on the high side but it wouldn't bother me if it has a clean service history

Looks like an ex fleet car to me.

Just verify the service history by ringing the garages that serviced it. Might be worth doing a cartell check on it too. Somebody in another thread found something interesting through cartell about a car he almost bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Thanks

went looking for a car for the wife there few months back in this place, didn't get a good vibe off them at all, kinda got the impression they were chancers, also all their cars seem to have huge miles on them

dont think ud get too much after service with these guys, as OP is finding out so not suprised at that story

bazz26 wrote: »
    Looks like an ex fleet car to me.

Just verify the service history by ringing the garages that serviced it. Might be worth doing a cartell check on it too. Somebody in another thread found something interesting through cartell about a car he almost bought.

Ya was reading that thread alright.Very interesting verdict at the end

Bulmers wrote: »
    went looking for a car for the wife there few months back in this place, didn't get a good vibe off them at all, kinda got the impression they were chancers, also all their cars seem to have huge miles on them

dont think ud get too much after service with these guys, as OP is finding out so not suprised at that story

Thanks might just call and have a look anyway, nothing to loose by calling and looking at the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RubberMammy

I was up at Sarsfield Motors last jan ( 2007 ) as I was interested in Buying a VW Passat.

I didn't buy it as I didn't like the person I was dealing with.

As far as I know it was the owner.

The guy just gave me the creeps.

I wouldn't like to have to go back to them with a problem, I would probably need back up.

you were probaly right to walk away

well it the garages loss as my sister is turning 18 next month and looking for a car and i wont be going back there i tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

In general, when purchasing a car, there are a few steps of precaution to be endured before driving off in your new betsy.

a). Do not be fooled by flashy suits.
    b). Majority of Salesmen are not your 'buddy'.
    c). Think. Pass every question possible. Walk, if you're not happy.
    d). Usual ring arounds at various garages checking for previous history & a cartell.ie check.

'But I'm protected by Consumer Affairs anyway...!" - Yeah, right.

Guy buys car. Car has a different engine than stated with a multiple ammount of other problems. Guy is told that it can take up to two years to have a court case, by then the car would of depreciated further - in other words, not worth it. Garage does not care and laughs at the multiple solicitor letters received.

Be very careful who you deal with, especially the young type - think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ryanb

Yes i had have nothing but problems with my car sinces i brought it off sarsfield motors:mad:. And if there is anybody thinking of buying a car of them i really would not, they are bad news big time. And there staff is not very helpful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ryanb wrote: »
    Yes i had have nothing but problems with my car sinces i brought it off sarsfield motors:mad:. And if there is anybody thinking of buying a car of them i really would not, they are bad news big time. And there staff is not very helpful at all.
    Please don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement