Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercian Ladies' Bike

Options
  • 18-08-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello

I bought this Mercian bike at the weekend. I didn't realise they were so popular until today which was a nice surprise. The serial number states that it was made in 1979. I can't really find any info on ladies' Mercian bicycles despite trawling through the Mercian site, so I was just wondering if anyone has any information about Mercian bikes. I'd love to find out a bit of history about it.

Here are some pictures:

SDC10192.jpg

SDC10183.jpg

SDC10185.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

This bike is as old as me!! I think it looks great :) ( Don't know much about Mercians though sorry ) I'd love one to go shopping with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It looks very like their Miss Mercia which they still make today. Have a look at the frame prices and be pleased (I imagine) with your purchase! Lovely looking bikes.

Is this for someone of the female persuasion?

miss_mercian_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

My God I don't half love Mercians! One of these days I hope to have either a track or road bike made specially for me by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Vitamin C

I'm pretty sure that that bike is made from solid gold and is worth four billion gazillion of your earth euros. Pretty sure. Even if it's not it's still lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Just look at the lug lining.. Phwoar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Vitamin C wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that that bike is made from solid gold and is worth four billion gazillion of your earth euros. Pretty sure. Even if it's not it's still lovely.

Haha if it was made from solid gold, I think I'd have an awful lot of trouble cycling it.

And Caroline_ie, my basket can fit bread and milk into it perfectly :) It's 8 years older than me!

What a find though, eh? :D

Advertisement