Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anniversary Ideas...??! NEED HELP... PLEASE!

• 11-08-2008 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

its my parents 25th wedding anniversary in few weeks & i still have no idea what to get/organise. was thinking about sending them away 4a few days... any ideas? Pleeeaaaasssseee....:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marmi

anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

What about a little gathering for family and close friends. maybe book a function room in a hotel or bar and organise a buffet and a few bottles of champagne. it depends really on what kind of couple they are - some people like that kind of thing whereas others would like to go away.

if it was a few days away maybe an inclusive deal in a nice hotel in ireland or a few days in one of the cities in europe..paris, barcelona maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 marmi

Aquitaine wrote: »
    if it was a few days away maybe an inclusive deal in a nice hotel in ireland or a few days in one of the cities in europe..paris, barcelona maybe

ya, thats what i was thinking. can't really do much of a party type thing because its my grandfathers 90th round the same time so theres gonna be a party for that with all the relatives. dad doesnt drink at all or spend much time in pubs so duno f he'd fancy celebratin their anniv with every gettn pissed round them.

anyone know of anywhere nice (& not too expensive) that would suit. not a city.. somewhere with nice scenery (cnt spell!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

For within Ireland, I'd suggest Westport, Killarney or Clonakilty.

For outside Ireland, try Paris, Vienna (particularly lovely if close to Christmas time) or Venice (but go outside of peak times, the streets can be very narrow and not crowd-friendly).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

depends on the kind of holiday they would be interested in. I mean if they have a similar interest im sure you can get a holiday including that, i mean if they both like old buildings etc, vienna, if they like animals there are plently of holidays in UK which also have really cool safari parks although i think they would like to have some place relaxing and quite ... i know i would.

• Advertisement
Advertisement