Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Audi RS4 appreceation thread

Options
  • 10-08-2008 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Flash flooding out our way last night in north Dublin. What I couldnt get over were the amount of muppets out on the streets looking at the floods and getting soaked at the same time. You'd think by the way they were behaving that we were living in the Sahara and this was the first bit of rain in years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Dig the sig, MSporty. You should put a link in the pic to a larger version of the image. I can't ogle your car properly with just a thumbnail!

</OT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

AudiChris wrote: »
    Dig the sig, MSporty. You should put a link in the pic to a larger version of the image. I can't ogle your car properly with just a thumbnail!

</OT>

Here ya go!!

DSCF0060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Very nice car you have there, is it a 1.9tdi RS4?

Only joking, saw one of them yesterday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Beautiful RS4, the classic TDi version:D(only joking!).

Love the wheels especially, are they painted or powder-coated?

The car has a really mean understated look about it, nothing flash - very cool. Respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

posts split off from the flooding thread (so that ye can drool in peace and on topic)

• Advertisement

LOL, thanks Peasant? We got our own thread!! :):)

Fair 'nuff though, didn't mean to drag the thread off-topic.

peasant wrote: »
    posts split off from the flooding thread (so that ye can drool in peace and on topic)

Apologies Peasant, was thinking we were going way off topic alright

P.S. (and I realise that this is off-topic in an already "off-topic" thread) I think you should do that more often - when it's going off topic, break out the OT arguement.

It's a nice way to do it, rather than shepherding/locking.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Beautiful RS4, the classic TDi version:D(only joking!).

Love the wheels especially, are they painted or powder-coated?

The car has a really mean understated look about it, nothing flash - very cool. Respect!

OEM wheels, so im not sure!!

MSporty wrote: »
    OEM wheels, so im not sure!!

There was a name for this, wasn't there? A Shadow Pack or something? Can't remember.

I should be ashamed of myself :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

P.S. (and I realise that this is off-topic in an already "off-topic" thread) I think you should do that more often - when it's going off topic, break out the OT arguement.

It's a nice way to do it, rather than shepherding/locking.

It's rarely as clearcut as this was though and timing is also an issue.

Now ...would you prefer an infaction or a clearcut ban for your backseat modding? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

its probably the nicest passat ive seen :P

peasant wrote: »
    Now ...would you prefer an infaction or a clearcut ban for your backseat modding? :D:D:D

Or you could promote me to a Mod and then I wouldn't have to tell you how to your job :P:P:P.

Seriously though, please don't ban me, I like it here...

There was a name for this, wasn't there? A Shadow Pack or something? Can't remember.

I should be ashamed of myself :o:o

Tut Tut, Black optics pack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

:yawn:

Bluefoam wrote: »
    :yawn:

Who comes into an X Appreciation Thread to yawn because they don't like x? Do you place no value on your time or opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I love it, has the same mean understated look about it as the Lotus Exige on top gear (black on black again)

topgear_lotusexige.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

one word.....stunning!

look after it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

I prefer the Christine look I gave your car in this pic a while ago :);)

3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Thats the nicest RS4 I've seen so far, they're usually blue, nice to see one in black. Saw quite a few of them over here, none black :( I was driving in front of this girl before in Cork, and I looked in my mirror and she had the RS4 badge in the grille.. we both happened to pull into the same garage and I asked her if it was actually an RS4, she gave me a dirty look and said "Ya", pure knackery way. So I just walked on, and as she was driving off, I looked at the back.

RS4 1.9TDI
    I was delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Dave147 wrote: »
    ...I asked her if it was actually an RS4...
    I get asked the same sort of thing about the '6', usually by people who appreciate that it's the real thing.

'Others' ask questions like 'is it a 3 litre?', 'has it a 6 cylinder engine?', and my very favourite, 'does it use much diesel?' :D

Rovi wrote: »
    I get asked the same sort of thing about the '6', usually by people who appreciate that it's the real thing.

'Others' ask questions like 'is it a 3 litre?', 'has it a 6 cylinder engine?', and my very favourite, 'does it use much diesel?' :D

Wait.. you have an 08 RS6? You better say "No I have an 02 RS6 Avant" or else you will be hunted down and killed! :P

5.0TFSI... I have a 1.9TDI A4 Quattro..

Yeah the diesel part is my favourite! :D

Wait.. you have an 08 RS6? You better say "No I have an 02 RS6 Avant" or else you will be hunted down and killed! :P

5.0TFSI... I have a 1.9TDI A4 Quattro..

Yeah the diesel part is my favourite! :D
    Nope, 'tis only an '03 saloon.
    I still like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

There is an 03 RS6 Avant parks in Donnybrook in a relatively narrow street. Hearing the thing start sounds like an act of God.

An inlaw of mine has what appears to be an S3 over in New York although it is called an A3 3.2 Quattro. It's got the sweetest sound, leather / alcantara and RNS-E. Back on topic, he has the black grille and black wheels and it's called Titanium Pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

There is an 03 RS6 Avant parks in Donnybrook in a relatively narrow street. Hearing the thing start sounds like an act of God.

An inlaw of mine has what appears to be an S3 over in New York although it is called an A3 3.2 Quattro. It's got the sweetest sound, leather / alcantara and RNS-E. Back on topic, he has the black grille and black wheels and it's called Titanium Pack.

The S3 is a 265bhp 2 litre turbo, that 3.2 A3 is different. They were on sale in the UK also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Oh, I didn't realise that. Apologies. Where do the two of them sit relative to each other in the model range / price?

I would have thought S models would eclipse A but maybe not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Oh, I didn't realise that. Apologies. Where do the two of them sit relative to each other in the model range / price?

I would have thought S models would eclipse A but maybe not?

In this case, not really. The S3 would have a sportier edge to it, in terms of suspension, seats, interior, possibly throttle response etc (haven't driven either, so can't say for sure!), and the A3 3.2 litre would be more for comfort with a bit of performance thrown in. They're probably similar in terms of performance, but I'd imagine different in terms of the delivery of said performance.
    Kind of like a Mercedes S600 and an S55 AMG. Similar performance in a straight line, one is subtle the other is vulgar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Thats the nicest RS4 I've seen so far, they're usually blue, nice to see one in black.

Where are you looking that all the RS4s are blue? Blue is the rarer "special" colour, I mostly see black and silver ones in the UK and Ireland and this is reflected on Autotrader.
    If I was going with a black one, it would be with the black optics pack too though.

Saw alot of blue ones in Boston over the summer and saw two in Cork aswell ;) The A3 3.2 is 247hp and 320n-m as opposed to the 2.0 S3 which is 261hp and 350n-m. Would imagine the 3.2 has better fuel economy...

Afaik before the new RS6 was launched last year there was only an avant RS6 and a saloon S6 which had the good ol' 4.2 V8 audi engine.. 340bhp. Is yours badged RS6??

Edit: I just re-read and you never mentioned RS6 so I assume you already know it's an S6. Still very jealous. My old man had a black A6 1.8TQ, some car!

• Advertisement

Afaik before the new RS6 was launched last year there was only an avant RS6 and a saloon S6 which had the good ol' 4.2 V8 audi engine.. 340bhp. Is yours badged RS6??
    Is that directed to me?

Mine is most certainly a genuine saloon RS6, and it doesn't have to potter around with a piddly 340bhp either. :D

Advertisement