Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas problem

Options
  • 05-08-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

Hi I just got my KJW P226 which is a nice piece of kit.

But I am having a problem with filling the mag with gas,when I hold the mag and green gas can vertical and insert it in the hole and push down gas goes everywhere. I thought that it was the mag(kjw p226 mags are notorious for leaks)it tightened the screw where you insert the gas and the same thing happened.Maybe its the can but I dont know or am I doing something wrong.

Help greatly appreciated,

Will post pics if needed,

Kuthar46493.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Got any silicone spray? give the valve a good spray of it. nothing else(wd40) has to be silicone spray, and see can you work the release valve(where the gas is supposed to come out of) in and out and sray that as well. there are rubber seals under the inlet valve, it might just be a bit dry. best of luck mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Damn it! I knew I should of got silicone oil instead of a holster.Sorry for a stupid question but is the valve the hole for the gas and the release vale is on the side of the mag to let out gas.

Cheers

exactly, the inlet is on the bottom, thats where the gas goes in, and the outlet is nearer the top of mag, thats where it come out. Defo get the silicone, its every Airsofters best friend. its can prevent and cure a whole host of niggley problems that can crop up for ya. be patient with the P226, its a great piece and theres a whole load of guys in here who can sort this out for ya. If worst come to the worst, you can always return it and have the shop that sold it to ya sort it out.

Thanks for the help

No worries, thats what we here for,:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

Hi I just got my KJW P226 which is a nice piece of kit.

But I am having a problem with filling the mag with gas,when I hold the mag and green gas can vertical and insert it in the hole and push down gas goes everywhere. I thought that it was the mag(kjw p226 mags are notorious for leaks)it tightened the screw where you insert the gas and the same thing happened.Maybe its the can but I dont know or am I doing something wrong.

Help greatly appreciated,

Will post pics if needed,

Kuthar46493.

Iceage is right man silicone spray will go along way to help ya, the kjw sig p226/p229s are great gbbs but their mags can be troublesome you're not the only one:)

I find warming the mag for a good few mins before use ie sticking it in your pocket helps as well anyway this thread here among a few others should help http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055331983

Best of luck!

Thanks Horse but even worse now the mag keeps sliding out of the pistol. F**K sake:mad:

Thanks Horse but even worse now the mag keeps sliding out of the pistol. F**K sake:mad:

you're having some bad luck, seem to remember this happening to someone else here with a p226 before. try putting in a search in the forum here.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it a lot of times especially with new items they take awhile to bed in. it sounds like a problem with the mag release catch , u need to get some silicone spray and give that a shot of it and it might move a bit more freely. That stuff fixes everything.

Have u removed the slide and and inserted the mag to see where it's held in place?

No i'll give it a go.Man I really regret get a holster over silicone oil.

Don't sweat it. The spray u can pick up for under a tenner.

• Advertisement

No the mag seems to keep sliding out.I think its due to this thing:Im12.jpg

Its not locking them mag.My first GBB is starting to annoy me:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Silicone oil can be found for WAY under a tenner...try Lidl or Aldi, 99c last I checked;)

Sound.Thanks for the info

Right just did a search there and this sounds like your problem with the loose mag. I'm only a noob myself so don't want to put u wrong but these guys know what they're talking about;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055253492&highlight=p226+mag+release

Thanks Horse to do with silicone oil again.But its ok I sent it back to be repaired:cool:

Ok lads so I got it back and it was all good.Then I tried to fill it with gas and guess what same thing again.

The retailer said it was the mag when I sent it in and it got replaced.I now a starting to think that the gas is causing the problems.When i pour in the gas the can starts to squirt a jet to the side.But sometimes I an get a tiny bit in I shoot one bb and the the hammer goes back to stationary.One time I took it apart and there was a bb stuck in the barrell.So it tried it again and the same thing execpt no bb was in the barrell.:confused:

A few of the lads were saying it was due to lack of silicone oil but when i took it out it was full of grease which is good?

Thanks again.

So I got a new gas can after 2 weeks.The gas is filling fine but its still not shooting.Is there anything,anything at all to take apart oil or whatever.

Advertisement