Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation:Clontarf Orthodontic Clinic or Charlemont Clinic

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im looking into finally getting braces to sort my awful teeth out. Ive pretty much discounted going up north as with work and travel for appointments its not practical. I think ive narrowed my search down to 2 places: Dr Shona Leydon (Clontarf Orthodontic Clinic) or Dr Anthony Coughlan (Charlemont Clinic). Due to their location really. Has anyone any positive experience of either of these places for braces? I think a positive recommendation for an orthodontists would be the best way to help choose one. Or can anyone highly recommend any other orthodontist city centre or northside area? Any reviews would be of a great help to get me and other people to make the plunge to finally get my teeth sorted. Thanks so much for any help :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Any recommendations, any at all??? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SteveOK

Hi

I cant help you as I am new to this. My daughter needs braces top and bottom but we have been quoted 4500 for the privalege. This I think is astonomical. In your travels do you know of anywhere I could do it cheaper? We are based in Bray. Should we go to the North or is the aftercare too problematic? Is it cheaper outside Dublin? Any help?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 49 EJD

I've posted here looking for recommendations also - I've been quoted €4,900 for braces top and bottom, and a friend got them last year and paid the same. Seems to me to be the average rate these days.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Missyu

Started attending Anthony Coughlan last month. Got all the pre-braces stuff done and the train tracks go on Top and Bottom next month. €5,300 for the privilege and I've forked out €170 for the x-rays which I think are on top of the money and there's a risk of a tooth splitting which will be extra on top of that!

He told that if I was going for the perfect smile, I'd need to get my jaw broken and reset but luckily I'm not a perfectionist:rolleyes:

I'll swap someone the €4900 for my costs?

Advertisement