Vodafone now offering free any network text or free Voda calls and text for life. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-07-2008, 12:29   #1
jordainius
Closed Account

Vodafone now offering free any network text or free Voda calls and text for life.

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

Same deal as meteor but 39c to call other networks, 13c for text messages and 15c/min voicemail and a 6c minimum call charge.
Advertisement
24-07-2008, 12:56   #2
Random
Closed Account

It's kicking off now. Just waiting til someone (other than 3 who frankly no one sees as a competitor) launches a prepay data plan! They'll all come out together and irish customers will rejoice again
24-07-2008, 13:44   #3
drunkmonkey

3 pre pay is still better than the vodafone and meteor offers if you have to call people off network...

5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....

People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....

Mmmm wonder what 3 will come out with next for pay as you go http://www.three.co.uk/personal/pric...o_/do_more.omp Your dreams may be answerd yet!!!
24-07-2008, 14:05   #4
long_b

Fairly vicious, isn't it ?
24-07-2008, 14:27   #5
Sam Vimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkmonkey View Post
5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....
i'm assuming that was a mistake?

Quote:
People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....
tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service
Advertisement
24-07-2008, 14:50   #6
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
i'm assuming that was a mistake?

tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service

No mistake, they are cheaper and always have been

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...
24-07-2008, 14:56   #7
120_Minutes

Quote:

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...

nowhere on that page does it say calls are 5c

.....should have gone to specsavers.
24-07-2008, 15:00   #8
Sam Vimes

Quote:
i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

Quote:
i've had some problems
24-07-2008, 15:12   #9
Jonathan

Mod: EMS, TCD
Quote:
I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....
They went to meteor.
Advertisement
24-07-2008, 16:01   #10
Captain Morgan

Nice to see the networks are waking up to the competition and releasing these offers so quickly.
24-07-2008, 16:13   #11
drunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccrohan View Post
They went to meteor.
Now that I don't believe...
24-07-2008, 16:22   #12
drunkmonkey

Quote:
i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

i've had some problems
Err....that was a typo, I should have said free calls, 5cent is a little steep, cough, cough, "skype" wait 24hrs and see does it fix itself....

Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...
24-07-2008, 16:23   #13
Captain Morgan

Quote:
Now that I don't believe...
I have always found Meteor to be cheaper than Three. Was on Three for a few months and was nearly going through twice as much credit as I would on Meteor.

Plus they have a better CC.
24-07-2008, 16:36   #14
Sam Vimes

Quote:
Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...
i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed
24-07-2008, 16:54   #15
Jonathan

Mod: EMS, TCD
Quote:
i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed
Hahaha... To make it worse, you are dealing with people who speak broken english...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion