Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulhuddart

Options
  • 16-07-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I have the chance to buy a place in Parnell Drive in Mulhuddart, it's across from Wellview estate. I have heard that Wellview can be a bit rough, can anybody shed a bit of light on this area? I have a small child and don't want her to be raised in a bad area. Thanks for any help you can give me:)

Mulhuddart, Good or Bad area? 27 votes

Good
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    14% 4 votes
    Really Bad
    40% 11 votes
    Don't care
    44% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

@ Sleepsatnight. If I was you I wouldnt touch that particular estate with a bargepole. I have lived up in Mulhuddart (about a 2 minute walk from Parnell) for 6 years and I am FINALLY getting out of the place this weekend. Have had nothing but trouble since I moved here. Unbelieveable amounts of anti social behaviour from kids/teenagers/adults from the area. I have been to a number of community meetings with guards and other representatives of the area over the last few months and by all accounts there is a lot of trouble up in Parnell.

Just my opinion. I am sure others will tell you a different story but if I had children I wouldnt move there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sleepsatnight

gazzer wrote: »
    @ Sleepsatnight. If I was you I wouldnt touch that particular estate with a bargepole. I have lived up in Mulhuddart (about a 2 minute walk from Parnell) for 6 years and I am FINALLY getting out of the place this weekend. Have had nothing but trouble since I moved here. Unbelieveable amounts of anti social behaviour from kids/teenagers/adults from the area. I have been to a number of community meetings with guards and other representatives of the area over the last few months and by all accounts there is a lot of trouble up in Parnell.

Just my opinion. I am sure others will tell you a different story but if I had children I wouldnt move there.
    Hey thanks a million for your advice I think I'll give it a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Just on the other side of the fence for you. I lived in Wellview Avenue for the last 20 years and we have had no trouble whatsoever apart from a window on my dads van been broken by a drunk walking past one night.

Obviously every area has it's good and bad people, but Wellview and Parslickstown have a lot less then some other areas in the city.

If I were you I would go up there one night at about 9/10pm and just drive around for a while and have a look and see whats going on. Decide from that.

I'm not sure Parnell is even fully opened yet, so maybe drive around Wellview and Parslickstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sleepsatnight

I drove up the other evening and there were a few houses boarded up :eek: !

Not the best start to an area so might just keep lookin around, thanks for your advice though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

Was thinking of buying a house in the Parnell Drive area. What are people's opinions of this area? It is all I can afford at the moment. Thank you.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Close to the city as in it is the city man!

Endless nights on the lock with no 80 quid taxi home sounds good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

kip ... Wouldn't put a dog in it ... The shanty pub... Ha ha kip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd suggest that if its all you can afford and its not in an area you really like, then hold out. Save more, live with the folks if possible.

Check out neighbours.ie for more opinions (if anyone actually uses the site any more)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's in one of those nursery rhymes isn't it? Something like "Mother Mulhuddart sat in a cupboard"... maybe that's not it actually come to think of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

barneyeile wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying a house in the Parnell Drive area. What are people's opinions of this area? It is all I can afford at the moment. Thank you.:)
    buy a big cardboard box ,a gas stove and a blanket,far safer than that dump and a lot cleaner.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,945 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Parnell Drive, that's in Ladyswell isn't it? Best to avoid that particular area of Mulhuddart. The apartments themselves look lovely but the area is fairly rough. Not too far away are the areas of Castlecurragh and Warrenstown, which aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

Stark wrote: »
    Parnell Drive, that's in Ladyswell isn't it? Best to avoid that particular area of Mulhuddart. The apartments themselves look lovely but the area is fairly rough. Not too far away are the areas of Castlecurragh and Warrenstown, which aren't too bad.
    also beside dromheath and parslickstown estates,very dangerous area,keep saving and wait for something better.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's already a thread about this area, so I'm going to merge the two.

Remember folks, there is a search function on Boards. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭garytuohy

I lived there for 21 years. I do not miss it one bit.

AVOID

Scumbags/nackers outway the decent people "stuck" there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

I lived in parslickstown drive for 3.5 years. Worst years of my life. Wife and daughter scared to be on their own in house when I was on nightshifts, not safe to go out at night, anti social behaviour constantly, my house boken into and two other neighbours, car broken into twice, fighting and joyriding on main roads every weekend. I witnessed 7 burnt out cars on the wellview green one night, cops do not respond to calls most of the time.

It is the single worst experience of our lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

hi maybe someone can help me, I had an online store but was caught by credit card fraud by someone in this area, I delivered the goods then a few months later they made a chargeback on the credit card, I was very stupid in the first place to send items to different address than that of the billing address.

But the items were sent by courier and signed for at this address <SNIP>Im wondering should I pass on these details to the police and let them deal with it.
    Im sure if they searched the premises they could find many credit card fraud details and some of the items, I also bet they didn’t just stop at purchases from my site, and others have also been caught.

Anyone know who lives at this address?? As I’m sure the name I have is different to the actual person living there.

Any help is welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Report it to the grada.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Report it to the grada.

You think so, i would call up around the house but after reading the storys i don't think so.

Might leave it to the Garda all right, thats if there not afraid to go in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,019 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Torrestorres, this is a matter for the gardai. Publicly posting someones address here could prejudice you case, or even get you you into hot water so I've removed it.

As Thaedydal said, report it to the gardai.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement