Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish cartoon - anyone remember?

Options
  • 18-07-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Does anyone remember an Irish cartoon. Possibly around 1990. Was like a claymation effort. Had a baddie who may have been called Barrer? He had an eye patch and could fly?

Would love to know what it was called!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I think I know what you're talking about, was he like a little stick-man (brown or black), definatly remember an eye patch and he was always being chased and killed I think by the baddie (baddie - there's a word I havent used in a while!).

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Was it part of Couched - with Barry Murphy?
    I seem to remember a character like a dragon and one called the Hungry Referee -

Hang on - here's a clip -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzf9xWuLKck&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 future-shade

Good try Unshelved, that's not it but I thought we had it there!! It's more of an outdoors setting. And it's a tidier animation than the youtube clip! I think it may have been on before or after Bosco? It may be a gang of Irish Warriors (if there is such a thing!) and their constant battle against Barrer!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Try posting in the Retro forum...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=253

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I am looking for the same animation. I posted in the retro forum over a year ago and no one seemed to know the name. They all had funny down turney mouths :) it was about high kings or something and narrated by a kerryman (I think) Maybe you could try your luck again in retro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 future-shade

Thanks Ponster and Windsock, I'll give it a go! Hardly anyone remembers this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peter panic

Balor of the Evil Eye.
    the series might have been called 'long,long ago'.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I remember that, loch na suil where Balor of the evil eye is reputed to have been killed is not far up the road from me!

http://www.woodlandleague.org/newsletter/index.php?itemid=53

I went up to see it when it empited, cool stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

That 'hungry referee' claymation cartoon was a dubbed version of another cartoon. Just Barry Murphy rewriting the dialogue and doing the voices.

Total class it was. Bring back The End I say!!!

Advertisement