Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic schedule with Irish athletes

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

I know it is still ~3 weeks away, but thought I'd share this with you. In excel format by day, and by event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Great to see thye have all made the finals :)

If it went that way it woudl be a great games for the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Nice one Ziggy. Was literally in the middle of doing something similar. Yours is way better than my attempts.

EDIT; just noticed you have Eoin Rheinisch in the C1 Canoe slalom, but he's actually K1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

nice spreadsheet, thanks for posting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

How many hours ahead is Beijing? ie what kind of times will events be on telly here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

How many hours ahead is Beijing?
    7 hours I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Ziggy,

Well done and tks for the effort. This will help me to plan my viewing schedule. Looks like there will be the odd late night or two if they are 7 hoursa ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭aburke

Would it be very greedy to ask for an update :)
    3 more athletes have been selected since.
    I haven't kept a close eye on other sports, but swimming and rowing had late additions too, I believe.

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

Hey,
    I actually had done an update for myself. Here it is.
    Some people were also asking the time difference. I have the the Irish time of the Irish athletes on the right hand side.

Regards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Get a Monkey on your desktop from the beeb. Has the full schedule of events in it, localised to your own timezone, a lot of stuff seems to be starting quite early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

great work ziggy. i'll be using this over the next few weeks for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Thanks very much Ziggy, very useful :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Another BBC TV schedule viewable in your browser is availble, a bit easier to view than the Monkey one I think:
    BBC coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Thanks ZiggyStardust - really looking forward to this starting and that spreadsheet is great to check on who's on

Bump

Hey,
    I actually had done an update for myself. Here it is.
    Some people were also asking the time difference. I have the the Irish time of the Irish athletes on the right hand side.

Regards

Just printed this out in preparation for my 'next 6 working days off work to watch the Olympics' stretch! Woo hoo! Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I've arranged to start work at 12 pm most of next week :) .. Just wondering if i'll be up late on friday night with the 10mile on sat morning..

Advertisement